The Official Milan-liverpool Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Milan-liverpool Thread

Both Milan and Liverpool shouldn't have been in the Champions League final , to me is a joke that both teams that never challenges for their domestics championships are allowed in this tournament. The final should have been Manchester United Vs Chelsea.

...remind me how was the score when Manchester played Milan!

Mascherano is a name that comes up a lot, but my boy in that midfield is Momo Sissoko. He's done wonders with the Malian team and is one of the most underrated players in the Premier.

I know Sissoko's season has been plagued by injuries but when he has played he hasn't done that well. He is constantl giving away free-kicks and his passing is shocking. Mascherano is superb in the tackle and a good passer of the ball. He is a far more complete player than Sissoko.

Both Milan and Liverpool shouldn't have been in the Champions League final , to me is a joke that both teams that never challenges for their domestics championships are allowed in this tournament. The final should have been Manchester United Vs Chelsea.

I'll think you'll find that Milan challenge for the title every year (bar this season of course, due to their points deduction).

With that theory Inter Milan should have been in the final

They were actually deducted 45 points which took them out of CL contention, quite rightly, for fixing games. That's the truth of it.

I'm not bitter, just stating a fact. ;)

Kind of like Liverpool not finishing in the top 4 in 2005 when they won the champions league and they bent the rules to let them in the tourney in 2006:wink:

Kind of like Liverpool not finishing in the top 4 in 2005 when they won the champions league and they bent the rules to let them in the tourney in 2006:wink:

Liverpool always get away with things like that. They shouldn't of been allowed to sign Mascherano, but they managed to bend the rules again. Over here we get it rammed down our throats by the media that we should all love Liverpool. Despite them being the reason we no longer have terracing in our grounds and we were banned from Europe for years. Not to mention that some Liverpool fans sing pro IRA songs.

I know Sissoko's season has been plagued by injuries but when he has played he hasn't done that well. He is constantl giving away free-kicks and his passing is shocking. Mascherano is superb in the tackle and a good passer of the ball. He is a far more complete player than Sissoko.

Constantly giving away free kicks and his passing is shocking ?

Is that why Benitez brings him on in the 78th minute against Galatasaray to slow down the rhythm of the game ? Or that he was the outstanding player against Chelsea last year ? Made Lampard look out of sorts time and time again, so much that he took it out on Zenden ? Or was the only player driving forward against CSKA Sofia in the closing minutes ? Was the best player against Sheffield United in the first game of the season by a country mile last year ? Has the best stamina levels in the squad (Some players need four days to be 100% fit again but Momo can recover in two says Benítez) ?

He can be a maddening and reckless player but the kid is 22 years old playing a new position. It's to be expected, Viera was much worse at his age. He doesn't yet have the assurance on the ball of Makelele (or Mascherano for that matter) and doesn't go forward enough to my liking but when he regains his confidence, he'll be a fine player.

Constantly giving away free kicks and his passing is shocking ?

Is that why Benitez brings him on in the 78th minute against Galatasaray to slow down the rhythm of the game ? Or that he was the outstanding player against Chelsea last year ? Made Lampard look out of sorts time and time again, so much that he took it out on Zenden ? Or was the only player driving forward against CSKA Sofia in the closing minutes ? Was the best player against Sheffield United in the first game of the season by a country mile last year ? Has the best stamina levels in the squad (Some players need four days to be 100% fit again but Momo can recover in two says Benítez) ?

He can be a maddening and reckless player but the kid is 22 years old playing a new position. It's to be expected, Viera was much worse at his age. He doesn't yet have the assurance on the ball of Makelele (or Mascherano for that matter) and doesn't go forward enough to my liking but when he regains his confidence, he'll be a fine player.

Don't get me wrong, he is a class player but not near the standards of Mascherano. This season Sissoko has been pretty poor. Against United at Anfield he was shocking.

Mascherano is in the Top 3 DM of the World. Sissoko isn't anywhere close to him right now.

Liverpool needs Villa like Kuyt needs a haircut. They've got some hard working horses up front, but the talent isn't quite there. As a result, you've got Gerrard sitting in support behind the strikers. He's a much more elegant and effective player in the middle of the pitch where he can spray the ball around and set up shop - although Xabi Alonso is a fine passer, he's not Gerrard.

Mascherano is a name that comes up a lot, but my boy in that midfield is Momo Sissoko. He's done wonders with the Malian team and is one of the most underrated players in the Premier.

If the local press is to be believed, it'll be Samuel eto'o rather than David Villa. Remember, Rafa tried to buy eto'o when Owen was going to Madrid - as Real owned the majority of his contract - but was turned down. Amauri looks to be a wildcard.

Mascherano is a really great player. Ready to take that Makalele role as the best holding midfielder in european football. The issue with Sissoko is thus; excellent player with a motor the like of which I've never seen and who the fans love, but his inability to pass the ball has begun to become an irritant, especially at the highest level. In the CL, you simply can't give the ball away consistently and he does it over and over again.

A tournament without the defending champions allowed to play in it??????

If the local press is to be believed, it'll be Samuel eto'o rather than David Villa. Remember, Rafa tried to buy eto'o when Owen was going to Madrid - as Real owned the majority of his contract - but was turned down. Amauri looks to be a wildcard.

Mascherano is a really great player. Ready to take that Makalele role as the best holding midfielder in european football. The issue with Sissoko is thus; excellent player with a motor the like of which I've never seen and who the fans love, but his inability to pass the ball has begun to become an irritant, especially at the highest level. In the CL, you simply can't give the ball away consistently and he does it over and over again.

I was waiting on you to chime in as you've certainly seen Momo and el jefe a lot more than we all have. The Nani catch by Man Utd. was brilliant. Eto'o would be a similar coup although it might be wiser to invest that dough in Torres/Villa and Alves.

Back
Top Bottom