*The official National League wildcard thread* | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*The official National League wildcard thread*

1.5 back for the Marlins :yes:

If Cinci loses it will be 1.5 behind the Padres, if Cinci wins than 2 behind Cinci

and only a game behind Philli regardless of outcome of the Reds game which is in the top of the 16th now......

Alex44 said:
1.5 back for the Marlins :yes:

If Cinci loses it will be 1.5 behind the Padres, if Cinci wins than 2 behind Cinci

and only a game behind Philli regardless of outcome of the Reds game which is in the top of the 16th now......

And someone needs to step up for the Reds! LET'S GO! DELIEVER SOMEONE!

*BUMP*

Standings edited.

Reds just lost :woot: :lol:

San Diego now leads the chase
Cinci is 1.0 back
Philli is 1.0 back
Florida is 1.0 back

This sets up perfect for me and my Marlins, 10 games left vs Philli and 3 vs the Reds, 0 vs SD unfortunatly

Interesting STAT.

The MARLINS play 20 of their last 23 vs the Mets, Reds, and Philly. They don't have a winning record vs any of them this year. And they don't have a winning record vs any team over .500 this year (except for Toronto).

MikeO said:
Interesting STAT.

The MARLINS play 20 of their last 23 vs the Mets, Reds, and Philly. They don't have a winning record vs any of them this year. And they don't have a winning record vs any team over .500 this year (except for Toronto).

Atleast they are beating the teams they should, it would be much more frustrating if it was the other way around for marlin fans

DonShula84 said:
I'm holding out hope that SD can catch the Dodgers.

:rolleyes2

clear.gif

Finfan86 said:
Atleast they are beating the teams they should, it would be much more frustrating if it was the other way around for marlin fans

of course. Sign of a good team is beating the teams your supposed to beat. No doubt.

But this final month might be a brutal one for the Marlins. I kinda hope they do make the playoffs. I would rather watch a young team that is exciting play. Over teams like Cincy, SD, Philly......older teams that choke like dogs and will get swept in round 1. Florida might get swept but at least it will be different with a bunch of young unkown kids playing. Something different

MikeO said:
Interesting STAT.

That is a valid point, but you also have to think

A- How many teams in the NL actually have winning records?

B- We played most of the teams that did early in the year when we were terrible

Im not saying we are better than any of them but we certainly have a chance

:boohoo:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Two blown late-inning leads culminating in a game-ending wild pitch overshadowed Ryan Howard's franchise record 49th homer and kept the Philadelphia Phillies from gaining a share of the NL wild card lead.

:mad: Not having Gordon is gonna cost my Phils the Wild Card.

:tantrum:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Adam LaRoche hit a two-run homer off Arthur Rhodes in the ninth inning to lead the Atlanta Braves to a 4-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies in the first game of a day-night doubleheader Saturday. Chase Utley hit two homers to give the Phillies a 3-0 lead, but the absence of injured All-Star closer Tom Gordon cost Philadelphia for the second straight game. Rhodes (0-4) blew a two-run lead in the ninth inning of a 6-5, 10-inning loss to Washington on Thursday night.

Roman529 said:
:tantrum:

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Adam LaRoche hit a two-run homer off Arthur Rhodes in the ninth inning to lead the Atlanta Braves to a 4-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies in the first game of a day-night doubleheader Saturday. Chase Utley hit two homers to give the Phillies a 3-0 lead, but the absence of injured All-Star closer Tom Gordon cost Philadelphia for the second straight game. Rhodes (0-4) blew a two-run lead in the ninth inning of a 6-5, 10-inning loss to Washington on Thursday night.

:boohoo:

RWhitney014 said:

My nerves can't take this anymore...I am totally shot. :lol: But the Phils won the nightcap. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom