***The Official NHL Offseason Thread*** | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official NHL Offseason Thread***

rangers rumored to be interested in peca as well

I didn't look at past posts so this may be redundant. Peca saying his 1st choice would to be to play in Buffalo is part of the reason that I love hockey. He lives in Buffalo in the offseason. Though it seems like guys don't want to be "stars," everywhere they go. Peca would be an interesting singining for the Sabres but really IMO, if you want to bring guys up who are ready you've gotta let the process go. Obivously I hate that Drury and Briere are gone but Connolly IMO, if healthy can replace one. I've been a Phin fan forever and i'm not turned off by off the field incidents but perhaps i'm in the minority who just likes hockey and baseball above football.

Do they even have cap room
for him?
if he takes a cheap deal yes. i think hes holding out for a multi year and he will eventually land back in toronto. I think the isles have interest, and hes said he would come back to LI, as well they should but our main concern is getting another goal scorer.

Yah, I did not want to comment on it because I was not pleased at the time.

The guy they got in return ( Carl Soderberg ) is someone I don't know much about. From what I've read he's a big, fast playmaker. He had an eye injury a year ago causing him to miss some time and some vision in one of his eyes.

What he is though is young. He was in the Blues top 5 prospects. When I heard Chia had traded Toivenon I SHUTTERED to think he had traded yet another good young prospect for immediate, short term help.

I wish Hannu all the best. He took a HUGE step backwards last year. He's one of the most athletic goaltenders in the World, he has Luongo type athleticsm and size, but he has no idea how to play goal yet. His mechanics are non-existent and he needs a healthy FULL season in the AHL, playing 65 games so he can work on his game. He won't get minutes in the Bruins organization. Tuukka Rask is the future and will play 60+ games in Providence this year with Manny Fernandez playing 60+ games with the big club this year.

I hope Hannu turns into a #1, I really do, as long as Rask turns out to be better.:)

Back
Top Bottom