***The Official NHL Offseason Thread*** | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official NHL Offseason Thread***

good rumor was he wanted to sign with the rangers...i wanted no part of him

its not a joke..how do you take the job as head coach of the devils and feel secure after what happened to julien last year?

When you have a chance to coach in the NHL for a winning organization like ours, you take it. No questions asked.

good rumor was he wanted to sign with the rangers...i wanted no part of him

The Devils still need a decent PP point shot, so I was hoping we could nab him for a decent price, but I guess he wanted too much. From what I hear the Oil gave him 5 years $27 mil. Too rich for my blood.

The Devils still need a decent PP point shot, so I was hoping we could nab him for a decent price, but I guess he wanted too much. From what I hear the Oil gave him 5 years $27 mil. Too rich for my blood.

esp since that's a lot of $$$ for a D-man that struggles at defense.....I'm glad he didn't end up in a Ranger ....

(not that we don't overpay, but well.....)

Souray was exactly the player the Oilers needed. Their defense was incapable of getting the ouck to their forwards last year, all they ever did was dump it out of the zone.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213429&hubname=

Official: The Devils have named Brent Sutter head coach. OUTSTANDING hire by Lou. And people said after Julien was fired that no one would want to coach here. :sidelol: Nope, only the best NHL coaching candidate available. The haters can eat it baby!! I'm pumped with this hire!! :kick::D

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=213429&hubname=

Official: The Devils have named Brent Sutter head coach. OUTSTANDING hire by Lou. And people said after Julien was fired that no one would want to coach here. :sidelol: Nope, only the best NHL coaching candidate available. The haters can eat it baby!! I'm pumped with this hire!! :kick::D

again, lets see how long he stays before you go praising him.

Souray was exactly the player the Oilers needed. Their defense was incapable of getting the ouck to their forwards last year, all they ever did was dump it out of the zone.

Spacek was awful with Buffalo last season but I don't think Darcy Regier is a dumb man. So hopefully he bounces back. Anybody loses the most dominant non-goalie in the league, IMO they're going to have a big dropoff. Teams can afford to lose forwards because they play less. Though as you probably already know if you can count on a defenseman to be + or even for 30 minutes it is hard to replace.

I was looking up and the Rangers had interest in Souray? I don't know who comes off the books but they better re-sign Lundqvist Jan 2. I really like the Comrie signing by the Isles.

Please, he's not going anywhere for a long time, this here shows why:

As Sutter and Lamoriello sat side-by-side yesterday in a spacious room on the mezzanine level of the National Newark Building, virtually in the shadow of the club's new Prudential Center, there was absolutely no doubt the GM got the coach of his dreams. Throughout the afternoon, the two turned and giggled at each other like school kids in their own private club, often taking it upon themselves to answer questions directed at the other.
http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/118438718772790.xml&coll=1

This guy is a PERFECT fit for the Devils and Brent Sutter very well be the best off season acquisition by anybody, his impact will be that great.

Here's how I operate Slap: with the Dolphins, I reserve judgement with new players and coaches because of all the crap we've been through, and how it seems things never seem to work out the way we hope. With the Devils, I EXPECT to win, and when we hire a guy like Brent Sutter, I EXPECT it to work out. This guy is bar none the best coach who wasn't in the NHL, and he comes from great stock. He worked hard and was a ***** to play against as a player, and every team he has coached has been the same way. He's been a winner as both a coach and a player as well, and he's also been a captain. He's a leader, players respect him, and he gets results. I will praise this hire until it can't be praised anymore.

Here's how I operate Slap: with the Dolphins, I reserve judgement with new players and coaches because of all the crap we've been through, and how it seems things never seem to work out the way we hope. With the Devils, I EXPECT to win, and when we hire a guy like Brent Sutter, I EXPECT it to work out. This guy is bar none the best coach who wasn't in the NHL, and he comes from great stock. He worked hard and was a ***** to play against as a player, and every team he has coached has been the same way. He's been a winner as both a coach and a player as well, and he's also been a captain. He's a leader, players respect him, and he gets results. I will praise this hire until it can't be praised anymore.
They should move the Devils to Winnipeg.:evil:

Please, he's not going anywhere for a long time, this here shows why:

http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/118438718772790.xml&coll=1

This guy is a PERFECT fit for the Devils and Brent Sutter very well be the best off season acquisition by anybody, his impact will be that great.

Right on, RB, right on. If anyone wants to know who our best off-season acquisition is, it isn't Zubrus, it isn't Weekes and isn't Vishnevski: it's Brent Sutter. This team will have a MARKEDLY different attitude, I assure everyone of that. Bring your lunchpails and some extra padding against the Devils this year, because you're gonna need it. :kick:

Back
Top Bottom