***The Official NHL Offseason Thread*** | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official NHL Offseason Thread***

I just saw that Thornton got extended, for close to the amount Drury and Gomez got. For some reason that seems ridiculous to me.

I heard on ESPN Heatley is an UFA after next season. He tears up Buffalo but I want to see him stay. Guys like that make rivalries great.

If I had to make a wager, Heatley is a Canuck next season.

The Canucks will have cap room (Naslund and Morrison will be UFA's and that will clear almost $11 million) and Heatley's offseason home is in the Okanagan (2 1/2 hours Northwest of Vancouver)...could be something.

Yeah but I think a better marketing idea would be to do it on the 31st. Have the game run into whatever countdown they're doing on NBC. The 1st is a holy grail for CFB and IMO it wouldn't attract as many fans as on the 31st. Now if they're deadset on doing it on the 1st I think a Sabres/Laughs game would probably sell-out Ralph Wilson Stadium which would be pretty cool. Though having Crosby play is probably a prerequisite for NBC to want to carry the game.

Either way i'm wondering what time they'd start the game. The first CFB game usually starts at like 11:30 or 12. I can't remember correctly. I'd think maybe 3. Or what would be great to see would be in prime-time. Though I don't think that'll happen.

The Sabre's v.s the Leafs would definetly sell out "The Ralph" and would probably be a 50/50 crowd.I can't see thousands of Pen's fans hitting the interstate just to go see a hockey game in buffalo(I could be wrong).From what I remember of last New Years Eve it wasn't even really that cold here in T.O,and imagine it was the same in Buffalo.Could end up being a crappy game on crappy ice.On the other hand it could be a great oppertunity for the city to show off it's "Runners up" trophys on national TV :evil:

The Sabre's v.s the Leafs would definetly sell out "The Ralph" and would probably be a 50/50 crowd.I can't see thousands of Pen's fans hitting the interstate just to go see a hockey game in buffalo(I could be wrong).From what I remember of last New Years Eve it wasn't even really that cold here in T.O,and imagine it was the same in Buffalo.Could end up being a crappy game on crappy ice.On the other hand it could be a great oppertunity for the city to show off it's "Runners up" trophys on national TV :evil:

Sad thing is a couple years ago I think the Colts put up an AFC runner-up banner. Even if the Sabres played the Penquins a huge number of Canadian fans would make the 20 minute drive from Ontario or the 90 minute drive from Toronto because it'll be considered more of an "event," than a normal hockey game.

schedule is out...devils play first 9 games on the road...guess the Prudential center wont be ready

is that the NHL or the CBC?
It's CBC's influence on the NHL. You see, the CBC does not give a flying rats behind about what happens West of the Ontario border. I don't care that the Leafs are on every Saturday, I'm used to it, it's been that way since the dawn of time. What does bother me is that the CBC gives them their best HD unit and they have the crappy HD unit for the Western games (sometimes they don't even have the West game in HD). The Canucks ratings are just as good as the Leafs ratings. It also bugs me that they get a predictable schedule every year. They know before the schedule is out that they'll get 18 Saturday home games and their road games will be either in Montreal or Ottawa. this bothers me as a Bruins fan...I hate it when divisional teams get ANY advantage.

The one cool thing is the Penguins FINALLY play in Vancouver this year and it is on a Saturday night, 2 days after my birthday, I REALLY want to see that game.

The day single game tix go on sale I'll be at my computer hoping for the best.

schedule is out...devils play first 9 games on the road...guess the Prudential center wont be ready

Yeah, long trip to start the year, but that was expected. First game at The Rock October 27 against Ottawa. Scott "Benedict Arnold" Gomez returns to take the first of what will be many doses of medicine for the first time on November 14. And we are set to name Brent Sutter as our next head coach, according to TSN and SportsNet. Red Deer has a PC set for 5:00 EST where Sutter is expected to resign as head coach and GM of the Rebels.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/

If this happens, GREAT hire by Lou. Sutter is without a doubt the best coach not in the NHL, and he has been courted for a few years by NHL teams. I couldn't be happier. :D

whats the over/under for when sutter is fired? i go with 2 games before the playoffs

new sharks logo?

sharkslogo-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom