The official official BOXING THREAD! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official official BOXING THREAD!

Hopefully the Joe Louis documentary was good.

The fight was a SNOOZER!

JAMIE FOXX TO PLAY MIKE TYSON IN AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL FILM
By Matt Goldstein

Tyson to Produce, Consult and Write for the Film

The 2005 Academy Award winner for Best Actor (Ray), Jamie Foxx, will produce and star as Mike Tyson in an autobiographical movie about the former heavyweight champion. "Jamie Foxx and I will be working together. He will play me in the film about my life. We have already had several discussions about it," Tyson said. Tyson also discussed being sober for the first time in a long time. After being and iconic international figure, Mike Tyson’s life has been triumphant but also very tragic. From domestic assaults, a rape conviction, multiple divorces, drug addiction and arrests, in the ring letdowns and fiasco’s, filing for bankruptcy after making almost $300 million dollars; the autobiographical film can go in many directions. Source: NY Daily News

boxingtalk

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3264618

Former welterweight champions "Sugar" Shane Mosley and Zab Judah, both in need of a marquee victory, have agreed to fight.
They'll meet May 31 on HBO PPV in a scheduled 12-round bout, probably in Las Vegas, although the venue has not been finalized, according to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer.
"The fight is made,"

that was one of the best fights i've ever seen.

marquez/vazquez > barrera/morales

That was a great fight all the way through. I can't believe they lasted 12 rounds at that punishing pace.

clear.gif

clear.gif

Kessler-Miranda done deal

Mikkel Kessler and Edison Miranda will fight May 24 on Showtime. No problems with weight, as Miranda is now a full-time super middleweight.

Miranda, notorious for his amusing smack talk, had been putting out statements in recent days, hoping to lure Kessler into the ring.

"I'm not surprised 'Kessler the Kitten' disappeared when the big cat came around," Miranda said in one of the statements. "I wish him luck in his future endeavors as a model, actor, race car driver or video game player, because it's obvious that he's no longer a fighter."

Miranda's goading, not to mention a $1 million license fee from Showtime, according to one source, apparently worked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3293638

Pacquiao wins a split decision, 112-115, 115-112, 114-113. Manny scored the only knockdown of the fight in round 3.

Back
Top Bottom