The official official BOXING THREAD! | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official official BOXING THREAD!

nappy did you go to the fights?

who you got between tarver and dawson?

nah, i didnt get to go to the fights. though im glad i didnt waiste my money.

i dunno, they seem to have similar styles, but in the end i think Woods will come out on top cuz i think he will atleast pressure him some. or i hope. if not, could be another boring Tarver fight.

clear.gif

anybody think roy can beat joe? i wasn't too impressed with him tonight. that had a lot to do with hopkins though. he makes everyone look bad.

Jones: I’m ready for Calzaghe!
By Flattop
“I’m going to make reservations,” said Roy Jones Jr. to FightNews at the Hopkins-Calzaghe post-fight conference confirming that he would be fighting Joe Calzaghe this year. “HBO wants the fight! Calzaghe wants the fight! I want the fight !” The former light heavyweight kingpin was not impressed with the Hopkins vs. Calzaghe bout but he promised his showdown with “Super Joe” would be a crowd pleaser. “It was an ugly fight,” observed Jones. “Joe did the work. Bernard landed the cleaner punches. My fight with Joe will be prettier. I won’t hold him and dance with him. I will be all speed and power.” Jones did not disagree with the decision and he was pleased that Calzaghe won. “It was a split decision. I am glad Calzaghe won. I have already beat Bernard. I don’t have anything to prove (with Hopkins),” commented Jones. Jones guaranteed FightNews that a fight with Calzaghe will happen this year. “I’m making my plans. You better make yours!”

I don't think Roy can hang with Calzaghe. I'd much rather see Calzaghe fight Kelly Pavlik, but I can't blame Joe for taking the bigger money fight with Roy.

fighting another over the hill fighter rather then fighting a fighter in his prime?

pavlik would beat calzaghe. roy would lose.

floyd will have no problems with oscar in september. dlh was not impressive tonight.

If things turn out correctly then Mikkel Kessler would fight Dimitri Sartison for the WBA WC.
:up: Go Kessler knock him out!
Viking warrior!

Back
Top Bottom