The official official BOXING THREAD! | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official official BOXING THREAD!

ricky hat--aun won last night- heard next fight is going to be in nyc-

hatton didn't look real good. he got hurt a couple times. he's fighting malignaggi next.

Mosley's former trainer says boxer knowingly used drug EPO

Sugar Shane Mosley's former trainer and the mastermind behind a sports doping ring claimed in court papers filed Friday that they watched Mosley inject the endurance-boosting drug EPO in the weeks before a title bout.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Trainer Derryl Hudson and convicted steroids dealer Victor Conte said they both saw Mosley take EPO during a meeting in which Mosley was told the benefits and risks of performance-enhancing drugs and how to use them.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The meeting, they said, took place weeks before Mosley beat Oscar De La Hoya in a junior middleweight title bout in September 2003. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"Mr. Mosley admitted to me that he knew the drugs provided to him by Mr. Conte were illegal performance-enhancing drugs," Hudson said, according to the papers. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Mosley's lawyer didn't return a telephone call Friday. Hudson and Mosley parted ways in 2004 after Mosley lost to Winky Wright. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hudson and Conte filed their statements, which were taken under oath, in U.S. District Court in response to a defamation lawsuit Mosley filed last year against Conte. Mosley alleges Conte, who founded the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, lied to reporters last year when he said the boxer knowingly purchased and used banned drugs. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10848263/cbsnews[/FONT]

Mayweather Jr. retires, cancels rematch with De La Hoya

Mayweather, 31, announced his retirement from boxing again on Friday in a move that appears much more serious than his impromptu declaration two years ago.

The rematch with De La Hoya has been canceled and Mayweather will forego the accompanying $20-plus million payday.

"It is with a heavy heart that I write you this message today," Mayweather said in a statement. "I have decided to permanently retire from boxing. This decision was not an easy one for me to make as boxing is all I have done since I was a child. However, these past few years have been extremely difficult for me to find the desire and joy to continue in the sport.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3429729

glad to see the punisher come back like that.

pavlik looked good. lockett was a bum though. pavlik/calzaghe needs to happen.

forrest lost to mora :lol: can't believe that.

pacman was incredible tonight

clear.gif

Klitschko retains heavyweight titles with 11th-round KO

clear.gif

Wladimir Klitschko knocked out former sparring partner Tony Thompson in the 11th round to successfully defend his heavyweight titles Saturday.
Klitschko (51-3, 45 knockouts) turned boos to cheers, sending the American to the canvas with a right hand 1:38 into the 11th. He redeemed himself after an ugly 10th in which he pushed Thompson to the canvas and fell on him.

Klitschko's ninth straight win was tougher than expected, as he had to survive a second-round head-butt that left both fighters bleeding at the right eye.

"I'm still world champion, but it's about three titles now -- that means everybody that fights me is extra motivated," said Klitschko, who holds the IBF and minor WBO and IBO titles. "I haven't had a black eye for a long time, now I really look like a fighter."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/mma/boxing/07/12/klitschko.thompson.ap/index.html

Still debating on whether to order or not I have a little over 30 mins to decide!

if you didn't get it you should kill yourself! lol j/k

EPIC fight. margarito ko 11.

Yeah I got it and wasn't disappointed. It was a classic. I never realized how much of a chin Margarito has. He took everything Cotto threw at him and never seemed hurt.

bwhahahahahahaha! punk got knocked out... again! when mayorga got up from the first knockdown with less than 10 seconds left in the last round, i thought shane would just let the last few seconds run out - wrong! sugar shane knocked that punkass out with 1 second left on the clock! so glad i watched this fight tonight

Back
Top Bottom