The official official BOXING THREAD! | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official official BOXING THREAD!

i had it 4-1 through 5 when the 6th round came - then it was like chad said to antonio, "this aint even really fun for me - tell you what, i'll give you a free round - i wont even fight back - gimme your best shot" - granted, tarver won that round but did lil damage - the rest of the fight was a chad dawson clinic - boxing 101 - want to watch a textbook fighter? watch a chad dawson fight

Klitschko prevented swelling with wet diapers

Talk about a home remedy.

Vitali Klitschko used his son's wet diapers to prevent his fists from swelling after winning his WBC heavyweight title fight against Samuel Peter, the Ukrainian told a German newspaper on Tuesday according to a Reuters report.

"Baby wee is good because it's pure, doesn't contain toxins and doesn't smell," Klitschko said, according to the report.
"I wrap nappies filled with my three-year-old son Max's wee around my fists," he said, noting that he got the idea from his grandmother. "The nappies hold the liquid and the swelling stays down."
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8676504?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002

bhop destroyed pavlik. won every round. pavlik looked terrible.

Tomorrow it may be one of the last boxing matches by Mikkel Kessler when he meets German, Danilo Häussler in a world championship titel defence.

Mikkel Kessler would be a huge favorite and in a super form, as Danilo Häussler have everything to fear against Mikkel.

Should be a great fight, do not know whether it will be shown on American television as it becomes fought in germany.

Go Mikkel Kessler!:up::hi5:

Yeah Mikkel Kessler defended his World Championship title against Danilo haussler when he maked a damn good KO in 3th round.

:hi5::up:

:boohoo:

clear.gif

Calzaghe messed him up, but I dunno why Roy fights like he does sometimes . . . he isn't Ali, he can't just sit there and take hits . . . he has gotta get offensive . . . and he didn't do that. He showed alot of heart to finish that fight but Calzaghe is a beast. He still can do the Hopkins fight I think . . . though winning this fight would have guaranteed that. As for Calzaghe . . . maybe a big payday brings him back, doubt he fights again unless the money is huge.

Calzaghe messed him up, but I dunno why Roy fights like he does sometimes . . . he isn't Ali, he can't just sit there and take hits . . . he has gotta get offensive . . . and he didn't do that. He showed alot of heart to finish that fight but Calzaghe is a beast. He still can do the Hopkins fight I think . . . though winning this fight would have guaranteed that. As for Calzaghe . . . maybe a big payday brings him back, doubt he fights again unless the money is huge.
All of respect for Calzaghe who was magnificent against Roy Jones Jr. But I think he has put the gloves on the shelf for good.

He is not the world's youngest boxer anymore, and it is always hard to get back to a sport which is so physically demanding as boxing. So he is finished. But I can be wrong of cause.

I sincerely hope that Americans will accept Mikkel Kessler in the U.S. and let him meet one of your biggest boxere as Bernard Hopkins, etc.
He really deserves to round off his career in style.

In the light of Calzaghe's fight last night, it was a absolutely fantastic match, and it was never in doubt who would win after 1st round. I've have never seen a Boxer be so flippant in the ring.

Sad to see him pull back now.​

kessler had a chance to come over here and fight edison miranda. he turned it down. he shoulda took that fight. he woulda beat miranda easy and got his name known.

i'd love to see kessler fight kelly pavlik or chad dawson.

Not all will know Calzaghe’s true worth

Joe Calzaghe kind of got screwed.

Oh, he left Madison Square Garden on Saturday with The Ring magazine light heavyweight championship belt in his baggage after winning 11 of the 12 rounds in his bout with long-time pound-for-pound king Roy Jones Jr.
And he was being lauded by many at the post-fight news conference after a typically brilliant performance as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

Yet, despite the acclaim, despite the adulation being directed his way, there was something missing.

Because the biggest wins in Calzaghe’s career came over a 43-year-old Bernard Hopkins and a 39-year-old Jones, there will always be that nagging question: What would have happened if the fight would have occurred five, or even 10, years earlier?

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-calzaghe110908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

i agree. Pacquiao is the better boxer. but i still see oscar winning in decision. hes just to big.

hope Pacquiao wins.

Back
Top Bottom