The Official Olympic thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Olympic thread

Wow great win by Gushue proving me wrong. :cooldude:

The men's hockey team just lost to Russia though. I think 3/4 of the country saw that coming. Gretz is the scapegoat here. Fatal error picking up players that performed well on the smaller WC rink such as Nash, Draper and Pronger. Pressure will definately be there in 2010 but I think we'll be favourites with Sid the Kid, Spezza, Stall and Phaneuf leading the way with Sutter behind the bench. :dolphins:

Underachieving North Americans Ousted

Wayne Gretzky's hand-picked club fell way short, his aging corps of veterans unable to match up with speedier Europeans. The Americans suffered the same fate, leaving Italy with only one victory. It was a whole lot of underachievement by the two North American teams who won gold and silver just four years ago.

"We didn't play well enough. We didn't deserve to win," Canada captain Joe Sakic said of the defending gold medalists. "The level was a lot higher than it was in 2002."

Finland dispatched the Americans 4-3 Wednesday night to advance to the semifinals, and Canada was eliminated a few hours later in a 2-0 loss to longtime nemesis Russia.

Four years ago, Canada knocked off the United States to win the title in Salt Lake City. That ended the hockey-crazed nation's 50-year wait for a gold medal in hockey.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060223/ap_on_sp_ol/oly_hkm_north_american_farewell_tr3;_ylt=Av6XvLMIcxw91LuQPELR7.is0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cm82NXAwBHNlYwM3NTU-

Looks like we will end up with a record of 24 medals with

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: being GOLD

And the winner is....

Deutschland.....:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I'm sooo proud. I hope we win the World Cup next summer, too.
But that will be much more difficult.:sidelol:

BTW: Does anybody like German Soccer??
Here in Germany plays the "Americas Player of the year" Kasey Keller.
He is the Goalkeeper of my favourite Soccer team.

Greetings from Germany,
Niklas

Back
Top Bottom