The Official Olympic thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Olympic thread

What was she thinking! She had that snowboard cross Gold metal!! Man she will regret that the rest of her life!

Hostile7 said:
I thought this was shown last night... I'm watching the Olympics right now (although it sucks have to watch every god damn other event). I feel bad for her... She's only 20, having fun and bam... The best in the world gets silver.

I think people are being rough on her (the media, not you guys). Bode Miller just sucks balls. He hasn't won ****, and it's because he's lame. I wish the sports media would start blasting him... Oh yeah, ESPN is using his commercials (although PTI guys were hard on him, which is good).

Is Jacobellis competing in anything else? I thought she was running two events or something?

I thought she was going to be in two events, but I can't find anything.

The media will never let her forget this. Crap how many others won medals at all?

PeekaBoo Street said it right.. Grow up Bodie. He should have won two golds and he came up empty handed. No one seems to thing he failed.

Holy $^&$&*&

Canada lost in women's curling to Japan:shakeno:

Canada lost in men's curling to Italy:shakeno:

Canada lost in hockey to Switzerland:boohoo:

What would have been the odds of these 3 upsets 1,000-1??

wpgfishfan said:
Holy $^&$&*&

Canada lost in women's curling to Japan:shakeno:

Canada lost in men's curling to Italy:shakeno:

Canada lost in hockey to Switzerland:boohoo:

What would have been the odds of these 3 upsets 1,000-1??

Frankly I think the odds were pretty high, at least for the curling teams.
They've been mediocre all week long. I think Gushue's team has a decent chance to make the semis against winless NZ but I don't see them doing much damage after that after having seen him blown up by Finland and Italy cconsecutively. As for Kleibrink, losing against Japan is unexcusable and it looks as if she won't even make it into the playoffs.
I could go on for hours about the hockey team but I'll just say this: Tomorrow's game against Finland will be telling. They have to find an identity or else they'll struggle against the traditional contenders.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/to...g/news?slug=ap-ski-jimlitke&prov=ap&type=lgns

Bode Miller being an ******* again...

All of his best moves take place off the course.
And Saturday was no exception. Instead of falling off the wagon late at night in one of the local saloons or discotheques, this time Miller slid off the Kandahar Banchetta course in bright sunlight little more than a minute into his super-G run.

Zooming through a section of the course known as "Aqua Minerale," or "Mineral Water" -- feel free to insert your own joke here -- he veered off his line, then straight into a gate and finally outside the blue lines marking the course. A lesser skier would have been knocked to his knees, but Miller somehow maintained his balance, an even more impressive feat considering he had only one ski underneath him at the time.

He then proceeded to slither down the hill with his body leaning at a 45-degree angle over his right leg, using the left one to wrestle the other ski back from somewhere behind him and onto terra firma once again.
And no sooner had Miller completed that nifty maneuver than he came up with an even better one.

He disappeared.

The closest Miller came, in fact, to making an appearance at the bottom of the hill was when the huge video screen plopped down in the snow there flashed his bib number.

"No. 23," it read. "Did Not Finish."

A cynic might suggest that "Did Not Start" might have been just as appropriate, since Miller came here favored to win a medal of some color in all five Alpine disciplines, and hasn't really shown up in the three run so far.

And speaking of short, this was the coach's answer to how he felt about Miller being spotted in one bar around midnight on the eve of the downhill and in another bar, with a shot of tequila in one hand and a beer in the other, the night that U.S. teammate Ted Ligety won the gold in the combined:

"It's not something I'm going to get into. Bode's a big boy," McNichol said. "He's an adult."

Amazing... This guy has done nothing but tank the Olympics from day one (talking about hating his celebrity and I'm using that word loosely). He has failed on purpose it seems, yet this is one of the first real negative press releases against him.

womens usa curling vs italy on right now msnbc - jamie johnson is hotter than her twin sister cassie - discuss... :dday:

d-day said:
womens usa curling vs italy on right now msnbc - jamie johnson is hotter than her twin sister cassie - discuss... :dday:

Not even sure this will spoil anything for you but the USA wins 11-3:wink:

Shani Davis became the first black athlete to claim an individual gold medal in Winter Olympic history Saturday, winning the 1,000-meter speedskating race and justifying his decision to focus on himself first, his team second.
Davis became the first black athlete to claim an individual gold medal in Winter Olympic history Saturday, winning the 1,000-meter speedskating race and justifying his decision to focus on himself first, his team second.

Joey Cheek made it a 1-2 American finish, adding a silver to his victory in the 500.

"I'm one of a kind," Davis said, fully aware of how much he stands out in the mostly white sport. "I'm a different type of person. I have a different charisma. A lot of people don't understand me." That much was clear from the racially charged messages to his personal Web site - "people saying they hoped I would fall, break my leg, using the n-word," he said. Even the great Eric Heiden had some choice words for America's newest gold medalist, regarding his decision to skip the team
pursuit.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/5339956

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
[URL="http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5342218_18_2.jpg"]http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5342218_18_2.jpg[/URL]

Shani Davis became the first black athlete to claim an individual gold medal in Winter Olympic history Saturday, winning the 1,000-meter speedskating race and justifying his decision to focus on himself first, his team second.
Davis became the first black athlete to claim an individual gold medal in Winter Olympic history Saturday, winning the 1,000-meter speedskating race and justifying his decision to focus on himself first, his team second.

Joey Cheek made it a 1-2 American finish, adding a silver to his victory in the 500.

"I'm one of a kind," Davis said, fully aware of how much he stands out in the mostly white sport. "I'm a different type of person. I have a different charisma. A lot of people don't understand me." That much was clear from the racially charged messages to his personal Web site - "people saying they hoped I would fall, break my leg, using the n-word," he said. Even the great Eric Heiden had some choice words for America's newest gold medalist, regarding his decision to skip the team
pursuit.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/5339956

Their has to be more to the story as to why he skipped out skating in the relay. If the US has him they win gold instead of nothing

Canada just lost to Finland and has not scored in 120 minutes...

Pat Quinn is showing his RAMPANT inflexibily. Not changing the lines at ALL!

They are not skating at all. The defense looks slow. They look disinterested.

I know it is only the pre-lims and they already have a spot in the playoff locked up but if they don't wake the hell up they will get bounced HARD in the first round of the medal round.

unifiedtheory said:
Canada just lost to Finland and has not scored in 120 minutes...

Pat Quinn is showing his RAMPANT inflexibily. Not changing the lines at ALL!

They are not skating at all. The defense looks slow. They look disinterested.

I know it is only the pre-lims and they already have a spot in the playoff locked up but if they don't wake the hell up they will get bounced HARD in the first round of the medal round.

Quinn is an idiot and how do you leave Staal off the team. I guess we already had our goal scorers.

What the heck has happened to Sakic. Is he not a premier player anymore

The only line doing anything is Nash, Bertuzzi and Thornton

U.S. Men Advance, Thanks to Latvia's Loss

The United States grabbed the final place in men's Olympic hockey - without even playing. Kazakhstan's 5-2 victory in Group B over Latvia on Tuesday snuffed out Latvia's slim chance of reaching the quarterfinals, and ushered in the Americans.

The Latvians needed to beat Kazakhstan by a whopping margin - they had a 16-goal difference to make up on the U.S. team - and then hope the Americans lost in their late game Tuesday against Russia.

Switzerland, the surprise of the tournament, rallied for a 3-3 tie with Italy to clinch second place in Group A behind Finland.

Though the eight teams are set for Wednesday's quarterfinals, the order of finish in the groups - setting the crossover matchups - won't be determined until the end of group games Tuesday. Canada and the Czechs have the other places in Group A.

In Group B, it's Slovakia, Russia, Sweden and the United States.

The only certain matchup is Finland vs. United States.

In late games in Group A: Finland played Germany and Canada faced the Czech Republic. In Group B, Sweden was up against Slovakia and the United States faced Russia.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=ne-main-9-l4&flok=FF-APO-2090&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20060221%2F0925522752.htm&sc=2090

Davis vs. Hedrick: A Tonya-Nancy throwdown at the Olympic oval

Shani Davis got the best of Chad Hedrick, though it wasn't good enough for gold. Then they both took the Olympics' hottest rivalry to a whole new level.
These guys really don't like each other.

That much they could shake on.

While Italy's Enrico Fabris was becoming an Olympic hero in his home country, upsetting the Davis-Hedrick showdown with a victory Tuesday in the 1,500 meters, the most compelling storyline was the two American favorites who settled for silver and bronze.

Davis, the runner-up, and Hedrick, a disappointing third, were forced to spend an uncomfortable half-hour in a brightly lit room that might as well have been the scene of an interrogation.
Finally, the truth came out.

Davis was still mad that Hedrick didn't shake his hand after Davis' victory Saturday in the 1,000. This time, Hedrick did shake hands and offer his congratulations, but that clearly was too late to soothe Davis' feelings.
"I'll be honest with you," said Davis, the first black athlete ever to win an individual gold medal in the Winter Olympics. "Sure, Chad and I are fighting for the same thing. But it would have been kind of nice after I won the 1,000 if he would have been a good teammate and shook my hand."

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/torino2006/speed_skating/news?slug=ap-spe-mens1500&prov=ap&type=lgns

wpgfishfan said:
Well we are only 9 days away and the Olympics, World Cup and Dolphins football are the only 3 sporting events that bring out the passion in me

Sports Illustrated has Canada winning 4 gold medals and 21 overall.

The 21 sounds good but I'm hoping for more than 4 gold

Cindy Klassen from Winnipeg (YEAH) has a great chance to pick up more than 1 gold and they have her at 0

We won our 5th GOLD today and Cindy Klassen picked up her 4th medal at these games:canada:

Back
Top Bottom