***The Official Protrade Thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official Protrade Thread***

Can someone explain to me better what a short is.
A short is essentially someone who is pacing worse then their price indicates they should. Essentially youre betting that he will continue to lose money bringing his price down to match his pace. Its the inverse of a buy.

For example, Esteban Loazia has earned 0.00 out of his $60+ price. Being that his team has played about 100 games he should have earned whatever amount 100/162 is. That should be about 30+ cents per game he should have earned putting his price about 37-38 dollars (where it should be). Because hes been hurt hes earned 0. That means there should be about 37-38 dollars to short per share. Conversely, Luis Vizcaino was over his price of $51 a few days ago, people became aware of this and bought him up and he shot up to $67 or so before falling a bit when everyone sold him. Knowing everyone would sell him I sold him a few hours before everyone else (right whn he reached $66.50) and when he dropped to $63 or so I made a few extra dollars then re-bought him. Shorting and reshorting or buying and rebuying are two very popular methods that will help you make money if you do them right. Otherwise you'll lose money.

More examples of shorts: Richie Sexson, Kendry Morales, Rich Aurilla, Kyle Farnsworth, Mike Mussina, Matt Cain, Dave Roberts, Brandon McCarthy, pat Burrell, Nick Johnson, Matt Murton, jake Westbrook, Dontrelle Willis....potentially David Ortiz and travis Hafner.

why arent jon lester or kason gabbard there?
They were recent callups. Thurs is usually IPO day but because NFL are coming out tomarrow i think its weds this week. If someone you want on there isnt there yet just make a post and in the title put: IPO: player x here and then state your case.

Billy Butler is one player getting IPO'ed today. The IPO's are between 2-3 PT always so like 5-6 EST. Anyway what im getting at is IPO fluctuate really quick so buy them qhuick and sell then within 20 minutes. You can usually make some quick PT $ if you play the algorithm right. Good luck.
:beer1:

so short was what i thought it was. i bought them on Randy Jonson and Bartolo Cplon and made back in the +'s!

so short was what i thought it was. i bought them on Randy Jonson and Bartolo Cplon and made back in the +'s!
basically a safe quick short is anyone heading to the DL (colon) or contemplating retirement (Big Unit)

thanks for the tip! so this is good if lets say we find out brady is out for the season, if his stock is high and we short him we would make a lot of money, right?

thanks for the tip! so this is good if lets say we find out brady is out for the season, if his stock is high and we short him we would make a lot of money, right?
Say Brady is at $20 but priced at 100. He gets hurt and its only week 6 and they say hes done for the year. That means there should be $80 to short him. Get on the gravy train right away in an instance like that.

But if it week 16 and hes earned 140 and hes still priced at 100 make sure you buy not short.

so now that randy johnson isnt making anything its good to short him? and would the same thing apply to vick tommorrow cause he might not even play?

what is an IPO
Initial Public Offering. Just like in real life when a stock first hits the market they set an expectation of where said stock should be priced at based on financial history and 1st quarter earnings etc well they do the same thing with players. Prospects/recent call ups/bench players work a little different as Potrade usually goes by their "pace" this season....be careful with someones pace though, if you ever did fantasy sports you know how quickly their pace can change.

so now that randy johnson isnt making anything its good to short him? and would the same thing apply to vick tommorrow cause he might not even play?
No. Typically after news like that hits on protrade a stock drops 15-20% then shows a sharp rebound. Get in on Bartolo Colon. He's earned less then $18 out of almost 80and now theyre saying he may be done as an angel. This should fall in to the $50's at mimimum, hopefully into the $20's where it belongs.

Johnson will probably drop more either tonight or tomarrow but in the time i wrote this post he went up $3.

Back
Top Bottom