The official "Tua Haters" flip to "Tua Lovers" media edition tracker. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official "Tua Haters" flip to "Tua Lovers" media edition tracker.

MrChadRico

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Rules of this thread.

Find a media member who has previously bashed on Tua (post video of said bashing) that has recently flip flopped their sh*tty hot take and is now on the Tua bandwagon. (Post video of the flip flop)

With Tua showing prime form in camp so far we have officially seen one former "Tua Hater" Flip to a "Tua Lover" in the media.

The first inductee in this soon to be growing segment of the media is none other than Colin Cowherd

The Hate....

The Love...

I am going to have to stand up a bit for the media here (don't throw the tomatoes at me yet). I have been a Herbert supporter and thought, before the draft, we should have picked him. I saw him play when I was out in Oregon and I continue to be an avid Ducks fan. I have plenty of posts to support this.

I think most of us thought there was a strong possibility the Fins busted on their QB pick based upon the first two years of his performance. There are many things that go into the lack of confidence (Yes you Flores, the way you mistreated him by your QB rotation and desire to bring Watson in and creating a media storm) Tua displayed year one and two. Me included. But, the media is seeing as well as me, myself and I, why we drafted him. If what we are seeing and hearing about his performance in camp into the regular season games, we can stop the discussion of draft pick accumulation for another QB. The media will also stop it negative media speculation.

I am going to have to stand up a bit for the media here (don't throw the tomatoes at me yet). I have been a Herbert supporter and thought, before the draft, we should have picked him. I saw him play when I was out in Oregon and I continue to be an avid Ducks fan. I have plenty of posts to support this.

I think most of us thought there was a strong possibility the Fins busted on their QB pick based upon the first two years of his performance. There are many things that go into the lack of confidence (Yes you Flores, the way you mistreated him by your QB rotation and desire to bring Watson in and creating a media storm) Tua displayed year one and two. Me included. But, the media is seeing as well as me, myself and I, why we drafted him. If what we are seeing and hearing about his performance in camp into the regular season games, we can stop the discussion of draft pick accumulation for another QB. The media will also stop it negative media speculation.
You got the thread all wrong... You dont need to out yourself, you need to out others...

Now make a video acknowledging you were wrong and upload it.

Hey, I didn't write the rules lol

Hands Rubbing GIF by Aluron CMC Warta Zawiercie

This should be good.

I'm sorry but I just don't get it.

People hate on the previous Tua haters for hating on Tua based on his actual performance, coaching, and surrounding talent, then they hate on the same haters for not hating on him anymore based on his projected performance, coaching, and new surrounding talent?

Seems so petty to me.

What exactly has any media type been wrong about at this point? Is it possible that Tua has been average so far, and this year he might actually be better?

Can't we just be happy that the narrative is changing about Tua and the team in general?

People hate on the previous Tua haters for hating on Tua based on his actual performance while ignoring coaching, and surrounding talent,
Fixed this for you... People are just keeping tabs thats all... And dont worry, alot of these guys will stop ignoring coaching and surrounding talent and say its the only reason Tua has any kind of success if he has a great year... You shouldnt let that stuff bother you... It doesnt look like its going away any time soon anyway.

Fixed this for you... People are just keeping tabs thats all... And dont worry, alot of these guys will stop ignoring coaching and surrounding talent and say its the only reason Tua has any kind of success if he has a great year... You shouldnt let that stuff bother you... It doesnt look like its going away any time soon anyway.
Keeping tabs on people has become exhausting to me, it doesn't help anything. I'm taking on the Jackie Moon philosophy.

1660175914873.png

I have a lot of free time and I can't imagine having enough free time where'd I track this. Goodness.

People hate on the previous Tua haters for hating on Tua based on his actual performance, coaching, and surrounding talent, then they hate on the same haters for not hating on him anymore based on his projected performance, coaching, and new surrounding talent?

Seems so petty to me.

What exactly has any media type been wrong about at this point? Is it possible that Tua has been average so far, and this year he might actually be better?

Can't we just be happy that the narrative is changing about Tua and the team in general?
I think it's the arrogance of acting like they know or see something everyone else doesn't.

Player evaluation, especially young players, is really about projection and not necessarily immediate production (something everyone can see).

It's not necessarily wrong to say "Tua has been average so far", but it doesn't tell the whole story or provide much insight, especially when you've seen flashes of what made him such a strong prospect (accuracy, pocket presence, etc), despite the circus that was around him. If you were a GM/scout and only evaluated players based on past production, without any context, you wouldn't be very useful.

It just comes off as foolish, especially when you advocate for dumping the player in favor of replacing them with another unproven player.

Seems so petty to me.

stripes lighten GIF

Back
Top Bottom