The official "Tua Haters" flip to "Tua Lovers" media edition tracker. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official "Tua Haters" flip to "Tua Lovers" media edition tracker.

You made this same point in the Colin Cowherd thread and I wrote a long post explaining why people are frustrated with CC and you didn’t respond, now you’re here making the same points again.

Sigh.

What exactly has any media type been wrong about at this point?

Oh, I don’t know. How about CC saying Jacoby Brisset is better than Tua?
I mean hey, if you want to hold receipts on the media and use it for locker room material, go right ahead. Who am I to tell anyone else how to be a fan. It’s just not my thing. Peoples opinions can change, especially when it’s deserved.

as I said before, I just hope all this newfound Dolphin optimism proves to be correct. That’s all I care about.

I am going to have to stand up a bit for the media here (don't throw the tomatoes at me yet). I have been a Herbert supporter and thought, before the draft, we should have picked him.

No, we shouldn’t have.

15-17.

We’ll see how this “promising“ season turns out for LAC, but I won’t be shocked if Herbert’s career turns out similarly to Philip Rivers and countless other empty stat guys.

For all his prototypical size and athleticism — he still isn’t the most accurate QB and gets rattled easily. I know a lot of people are in love with him, but he hasn’t convinced me of anything yet. Good player, for sure, but not the earth shattering talent the media and people like you suggest. Not to this point, anyway.

I still like Burrow and Tua better.

I mean hey, if you want to hold receipts on the media and use it for locker room material, go right ahead. Who am I to tell anyone else how to be a fan. It’s just not my thing. Peoples opinions can change, especially when it’s deserved.

as I said before, I just hope all this newfound Dolphin optimism proves to be correct. That’s all I care about.
You're just constantly moving the goalposts, eh?

First it's: "What has anyone in the media even said that's wrong about Tua?" Then when you're given a specific example of something someone in the media said that was blatantly wrong about Tua, you don't acknowledge it and admit your previous statement was wrong, but instead change the script to how it's weird for people to hold onto receipts. And for the record, no, I'm not holding onto receipts, I just have a memory.

You're just constantly moving the goalposts, eh?

First it's: "What has anyone in the media even said that's wrong about Tua?" Then when you're given a specific example of something someone in the media said that was blatantly wrong about Tua, you don't acknowledge it and admit your previous statement was wrong, but instead change the script to how it's weird for people to hold onto receipts. And for the record, no, I'm not holding onto receipts, I just have a memory.
If Colin Cowherd said that Jacoby Brissett was better than Tua, it was wrong (and dumb) of him to say that. I'm not going to hold it against him for my entire life. I don't care enough about him to do that.

Might want to slow down the chest thumping over Tua at this point, looking good in camp is great and we should all be pumped going into the season but let's play some actual games, see elite or close to elite level of play from Tua and win some games. This is what will dictate the national narrative and if we're sitting at 6-2 half way through the season with this offense humming then yes, have all the threads you like calling out everyone in the country that ever doubted Tua.

The people that are acting like they know or see something that everyone else doesn’t are the handful of Dolphin fans that see Tua as something other than average at this point. The media types are in the vast majority. They aren’t being arrogant, they are being objective.

When Tua earns a different level of cache, which I think he will, I would expect the media types’ takes to change accordingly.
Slowly changing his tune.
Tua many "sour" notes - LOL

Circumstances do not matter. A player is who he is until he isn’t. You can’t give any player credit for being better simply because they have chips stacked against them until they actually play better with better chips.
Rong - just blatantly Rong - LOL

So, in your opinion, a player, ANY player, should get credit for being better due to being in a bad situation before they actually play better due to being in a better situation?

This is what I mean by circumstances not mattering. Im not crowning Tua or anyone for that matter until they actually do it. It’s perfectly fine if people disagree with that way of seeing things.
Thats where you're missing the point... Tua was average with every other unit on offense going from bad to historically bad. There's a big difference between saying we dont know what Tua's ceiling truly is vs saying Tua sucks and cant throw beyond 2 yards. A bunch of definitive statements were made about Tua the last 2 years by the national media that clearly ignored the situation and claimed BUST! Im not going to waste my time with this, but clearly, this is not some homer **** going on, it happened and I fully understand what these fans are saying.

edit: As were discussing this, Tmother****ingbaum is up on ESPN saying the Fins would be better off trading for Jimmy ****ing G right after the Fins offense steamrolled on of the best Ds in the NFL today. You simply cant ignore that some **** is going on...

Thats where you're missing the point... Tua was average with every other unit on offense going from bad to historically bad. There's a big difference between saying we dont know what Tua's ceiling truly is vs saying Tua sucks and cant throw beyond 2 yards. A bunch of definitive statements were made about Tua the last 2 years by the national media that clearly ignored the situation and claimed BUST! Im not going to waste my time with this, but clearly, this is not some homer **** going on, it happened and I fully understand what these fans are saying.

edit: As were discussing this, Tmother****ingbaum is up on ESPN saying the Fins would be better off trading for Jimmy ****ing G right after the Fins offense steamrolled on of the best Ds in the NFL today. You simply cant ignore that some **** is going on...
Fair enough. I would rather stick needles in my eyes than watch anything on ESPN nowadays, so I guess I'm missing out on a lot of the Tua hating you guys are referring to.

And some might wonder why T-Bum no longer has an NFL front office job and is instead on ESPCNN.

Hint: Evaluations such as this are largely among the reasons why. Dude is quite bad at the gig. And he’s just as bad as ESPCNN analyst.

People can believe whatever they want about Chris Grier, but I don’t find it a coincidence that MIA’s drafts and free agency moves and overall team success on the field have gotten markedly better since T-Bum left the org.

And some might wonder why T-Bum no longer has an NFL front office job and is instead on ESPCNN.

Hint: Evaluations such as this are largely among the reasons why. Dude is quite bad at the gig. And he’s just as bad as ESPCNN analyst.

People can believe whatever they want about Chris Grier, but I don’t find it a coincidence that MIA’s drafts and free agency moves and overall team success on the field have gotten markedly better since T-Bum left the org.
Are you aware that when "younger" posters say "bad", it often means good. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom