The official "Tua Haters" flip to "Tua Lovers" media edition tracker. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official "Tua Haters" flip to "Tua Lovers" media edition tracker.

Actually, those guys did get credit. People always assumed they would get better. Even now with Trevor Lawrence, he gets the benefit of the doubt. Tua was and is clearly treated differently.

And I don't agree the critics are being objective. They are looking at selected facts and ignoring situations.
Why do you think Tua is treated differently?

Sooo... this is to point out that you've cleverly noticed that people were lukewarm about Tua before, and they're warming up to him as he improves? Genius
Crazy, right? They would still hate on the same people if they weren’t warming up to Tua. There’s no winning.

Why do you think Tua is treated differently?
Partly b/c people are poor evaluators. They think that arm strength and size matters more than accuracy and anticipation. Then there's the tendency to give the QB too much credit or blame. For example, it was pretty obvious that Miami ran a quick throw offense b/c their pass pro was historically bad. But instead of going with the obvious they say it was about a lack of arm strength to justify their earlier assumption. It was obviously fictional b/c anybody who'd watched Tua in college knew he was very good at throwing long. But that didn't stop the narrative. People would say it's different b/c it was college (now you're hearing some of the same people use the "but it's practice" narrative). There are differences between college and pros, but if a person can throw long it doesn't matter the level.

And for the record, I could care less about the media opinions or the the people on this board that make inaccurate criticisms about Tua. I'm not one who will keep track. I just believe they lack an understanding of football. For the most part I ignore them. And near as I can tell (since I don't really keep track), I thought most of them were idiots long before I ever heard of Tua.

Not only the media. This very forum has a contingency of tua haters. I have been on both sides and flip flopped numerous times depending on the game. Right now i am loving me some Tua unless he regresses. It does seem like the media has an agenda, but dolphin fans just want to win so we are very irrational when we start taking L,s. We are fanatics after all and if he plays like crap , well you already know the pitch forks are coming out

I'm sorry but I just don't get it.

People hate on the previous Tua haters for hating on Tua based on his actual performance, coaching, and surrounding talent, then they hate on the same haters for not hating on him anymore based on his projected performance, coaching, and new surrounding talent?

Seems so petty to me.

What exactly has any media type been wrong about at this point? Is it possible that Tua has been average so far, and this year he might actually be better?

Can't we just be happy that the narrative is changing about Tua and the team in general?
You made this same point in the Colin Cowherd thread and I wrote a long post explaining why people are frustrated with CC and you didn’t respond, now you’re here making the same points again.

Sigh.

What exactly has any media type been wrong about at this point?

Oh, I don’t know. How about CC saying Jacoby Brisset is better than Tua?

He's going to have to make a big leap or he's a good six-foot QB who played on a great college team.

I feel like he can make some noise, not sure he's elite to make a real run.

People hate on the previous Tua haters for hating on Tua based on his actual performance, coaching, and surrounding talent, then they hate on the same haters for not hating on him anymore based on his projected performance, coaching, and new surrounding talent?

Seems so petty to me.

What exactly has any media type been wrong about at this point? Is it possible that Tua has been average so far, and this year he might actually be better?

Can't we just be happy that the narrative is changing about Tua and the team in general?
lol of course. I guess we should ignore the amount of insults the 'realists' threw out. The condescending arrogance has been abundant. Excuse us for wanting to point that **** out.

The people that are acting like they know or see something that everyone else doesn’t are the handful of Dolphin fans that see Tua as something other than average at this point. The media types are in the vast majority. They aren’t being arrogant, they are being objective.

When Tua earns a different level of cache, which I think he will, I would expect the media types’ takes to change accordingly.
Isn't that what this thread is all about?

So, because “circumstances“, you should get credit for being a better player without actually playing better? I’m not saying a player isn’t held back because “circumstances“. I’m saying no player should be seen as being a better player until they actually play better with better circumstances.

Has Tua done that yet? When he does, he’ll deserve all the credit in the world.

that first part of your post describes Mac Jones 2021 perfectly

Seems so petty to me.

Well it's one thing for some media that aren't high on Tua. But there's quite a bit who think Tua would never be good or is limited or constantly just feel they see all what Tua is. Yet ignorant of his serious injury, worst o line, no rbs, back up wrs or just waddle and back ups. It's one thing to feel that's all there is for Tua if he played last two seasons was an o line that actually looked like an nfl o line. a coach that was just decent for tua, fairly good rbs and good wr group. Then I get it as far as thinking that's as good as Tua is and will be. Some were making conclusions into the future and ignoring everything out. I mean look how many that didn't think Tua had a decent arm, some felt his was below average or limited. Just so much crap. Oh tua is not athletic I've seen some say, yet he's quite quick and has a knack of making defenders look silly from being juked out in the open field. Not a lot of qbs other than the obvious athletic ones, have that agility. We finally actually get to see what Tua can do with a team finally around him. Something that's important for most young qbs

Fixed this for you... People are just keeping tabs thats all... And dont worry, alot of these guys will stop ignoring coaching and surrounding talent and say its the only reason Tua has any kind of success if he has a great year... You shouldnt let that stuff bother you... It doesnt look like its going away any time soon anyway.
Which is interesting because they don't say talent around is the only reason Burrow and Herbert have been successful. Both are great qbs, but we can't deny both guys came into Teams that had quite the wr talent and pretty darn good rbs. Yes Burrow didn't have a good o line, but I also noticed Burrow would hold onto the ball a bit too. But Chase Higgins and Boyd that trio is just about better than every wr group in the league plus the tightend and mixon is a very good back. Herbert came in as a rookie with Allen and Mike Williams and good rbs. Tua rookie season had a horrible o line, **** rbs and parker who missed of the year and basically no 4 wrs as the starters ha while not even fully healed from his hip injury plus an unsupportive coach

Last edited:
My opinion is that the media took advantage of the self inflicted drama of our team (Flores BS, Herbert ballin his first season, Tua injury (he couldn't throw with much velocity his first 2 seasons while the hip healed), inserting Tua to replace Fitz, etc.) in order to get ratings/clicks. Sadly, in todays world, its more about controversy in order to get followers than true reality.

Now the pendulum is swinging the other direction. We have a new coach, Tua has weapons, Tua's hip is better and he has velocity on his throws. And Flores is at this very moment serving doughnuts and coffee to Mike Tomlin in Pittsburg, while secretly planning to take over the Steelers. Remember he stated he was called by God to coach.

We will have a much improved year and the media will be bi-polar moment to moment to moment with very little reality or consistency.

True fans will support the team passionately while accepting that it takes time for new coach, new scheme, and new players to gel.

We will make the playoffs.

This is literally the dumbest sh*t I’ve ever read lol
So, in your opinion, a player, ANY player, should get credit for being better due to being in a bad situation before they actually play better due to being in a better situation?

This is what I mean by circumstances not mattering. Im not crowning Tua or anyone for that matter until they actually do it. It’s perfectly fine if people disagree with that way of seeing things.

Back
Top Bottom