the only knock on Ronnie Brown....... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the only knock on Ronnie Brown.......

I've also watched most of the Auburn games the last few years. Brown has good vision. He finds the hole and hits it hard. He does tend to just bowl people over instead putting a move on them though.

Ive also seen caddy sit in the backfield WAY to many times trying to Juke 3 different guys and then get tackled for a loss.

I personally like Browns style better. I rarely saw him get tackled for a loss. He takes the handoff and runs for the hole, if someone is there they get run over for a 3 yrd gain.

I keep hearing the same knocks on him. He is not elusive, not good vision, age and the second back in a two back offensive scheme. We honestly won't know until he gets in pads and proves himself on Sundays. Numerous backs were overhyped and never panned out and others were picked up late and flourished. I honestly think it a crap shoot.

knight6jb said:
Curtis Martin- Very good vision, similar to Caddy.
Terrell Davis- Overrated, product of Denver's oline and them opening up cutback lanes
Eddie George- not great vision, stand up runner
Stephen Davis- overall back, good vision, good size, good vision
Tiki Barber- above average vision and agility, IMHO not as good as Caddy's, also a great receiver, close to a total package minus power
Corey Dillon- again total package, above average vision, good power, size and game speed
Fred Taylor- very similar to caddy IMO, a little bigger but similar
Robert Edwards- blah
Ahman Green- average vision at best, close to Ronnie Brown, plus has a beefy oline
Edgerrin James- again simliar to caddy, better receiver
Ricky Williams-phenom had it all except a brain
Jamal Lewis- not great vision, not bad vision, more power then agility
Shaun Alexander- unique running style IMO, power, receiver,above average vision
LaDainian Tomlinson- best there is in the nfl today
Deuce McAllister- again similar to Brown, not great vision, not bad vision. I do feel his vision is better then Brown's though.
Michael Bennett- track star
Travis Henry- poor man's caddy
Clinton Portis- product of a beefed up online in denver, good RB, great vision??(who knows at this point for sure), time will tell
Willis McGahee- great vision, good runner, duribilty only question

As for you paragraph about Brown, I disagree with alot of it. Brown is and will be good, but he is not all that you say.

That paragraph was not written by me. It was written by SI, and was the first of many that came up when I googled Ronnie Brown, but I posted it because I happen to agree with all of it.

btw, they also had one on Caddy that was similar, giving him pretty high grades, like Brown, and Benson.

As for your comparisons above, those were all drafted within the last ten years, and Caddy may have good vision, but every one of them listed have good vision, and have had success at the NFL level. BUT he can only wish his vision is half as good as quite a few of them. If he could be 3/4 of a Curtis Martin, whomever takes him should be quite pleased. He is a poor mans Martin, who to me, is the best in the NFL, until he either retires, or finally starts to decline. LT is surely right there with him, but there is no denying that Martin has done it over and over and over.

I could go on down that list, but I think I made my point, that Caddy vision might be real good, but in the last 10 years, there are some future HOF's in there, so the best in 10 is quite a stretch IMO.

Oh yeah, let me say that I'm not trying to pick on you by any means. For a fairly youngin, your knowledgeable, with plenty of potential to be even more so....

Just havin fun!!

I'm not sure how tangible aspects of a players game can be comparably translated into NFL qualities before they've even played one game.

Caddy has good vision but I don't think he's anything so special. I'd much prefer Ronnie who has a lot of versatility elements to him.

I don't completely agree with the comparisons to Deuce McAllister. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to take Brown at #2 if I thought he was McAllister cloned. McAllister was my favorite major college steal at RB of the last 10 years or so. He was nicked as a senior and slipped absurdly low. At Mississippi he reminded me of a faster, slightly less versatile Marcus Allen.

McAllister is much sleeker than Ronnie Brown, and much more patient and instinctive. As someone else posted, Brown plows into the hole and runs someone over to get 3 yards. He is a downhill plant-and-go terror with great size, speed, hands and blocking willingness. That's just not my type of NFL back, especially in this era of 250 LBs who can run. I love instincts and the ability to get cheap yards.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but barring injuries I can't fathom Ronnie Brown having a superior NFL career to Cadillac.

Phishstix said:
me too buddy, caddy imo is going to be a difference maker. benson and brown will be solid backs, but caddy is going to be special, hence he is 2 on my big board. a trade down w/ the bucs and caddy at 5 is my hope.
:yeahthat:

Awsi Dooger said:
I don't completely agree with the comparisons to Deuce McAllister. I wouldn't hesitate for one second to take Brown at #2 if I thought he was McAllister cloned. McAllister was my favorite major college steal at RB of the last 10 years or so. He was nicked as a senior and slipped absurdly low. At Mississippi he reminded me of a faster, slightly less versatile Marcus Allen.

McAllister is much sleeker than Ronnie Brown, and much more patient and instinctive. As someone else posted, Brown plows into the hole and runs someone over to get 3 yards. He is a downhill plant-and-go terror with great size, speed, hands and blocking willingness. That's just not my type of NFL back, especially in this era of 250 LBs who can run. I love instincts and the ability to get cheap yards.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but barring injuries I can't fathom Ronnie Brown having a superior NFL career to Cadillac.

Brown is tremendously patient. He slides down the line, and sets up his blocks perfectly. He is always looking for lanes, so he can use his speed to gain yards in bulk. That's one of the main reasons he has more longer runs than the other two.

knight6jb said:
Gordon is hard to describe, he is a big back with good speed. I would say more of a power back though. 6'1 230lbs and runs below a 4.4 (or supposidly did). catches well and blocks well....... sound familiar, RONNIE BROWN?? you would want a smaller more agile back to go as a combo with Gordon....CADDY!

Actually Gordon's style can best be described as a slashing style IMO.

Back
Top Bottom