The Pach's TOP 110 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Pach's TOP 110

Best tackle Delpit made all year was the hit on a scrambling Trevor Lawrence to force a fumble in the title game to put the final nail in Clemson’s coffin.

Other than that he was atrocious. I mean bad. All year. But he was fighting through an ankle injury.

If you can’t make one on one tackles in space, you can’t start in the NFL at safety. Not on a legitimate defense anyway. Doesn’t matter what else you do well.

1 Chase Young* / DE / Ohio St.

2 Tua Tagovailoa* / QB / Alabama

3 Andrew Thomas* / OT / Georgia

4 Jedrick Wills* / OT / Alabama

5 Jerry Jeudy* / WR / Alabama

6 Ceedee Lamb* / WR / Oklahoma

7 Jeffrey Okudah* / CB / Ohio St.

8 Isaiah Simmons* / LB / Clemson

9 Derrick Brown / DT / Auburn

10 Kenneth Murray* / LB / Oklahoma

11 Justin Jefferson* / WR / LSU

12 Denzel Mims / WR / Baylor

13 Patrick Queen* / LB / LSU

14 Josh Uche* / LB / Michigan

15 Mekhi Becton* / OT / Louisville

16 Javon Kinlaw / DT / S.Carolina

17 Jordan Love* / QB / Utah St.

18 Joe Burrow / QB / LSU

19 C.J. Henderson* / CB / Florida

20 Laviska Shenault* / WR / Colorado

21 DeAndre Swift* / RB / Georgia

22 Jonathan Taylor* / RB / Wisconsin

23 Noah Igbinoghene* / CB / Auburn

24 Tristan Wirfs* / OT / Iowa

25 Lloyd Cushenberry* / C / LSU

26 J.K. Dobbins* / RB / Ohio St.

27 Cesar Ruiz* / C / Michigan

28 Matt Hennessy* / C / Temple

29 Kristian Fulton / CB / LSU

30 Jaylon Johnson* / CB / Utah

My POV aligns with your rankings more than any others I’ve seen online.

Totally agree on the top 2, and where you have Burrow.

A lot lower on Trevon Diggs than most I've seen.

Very interesting.

Kinda blows the Alabama homer excuse many like to use against him out of the water, doesn’t it?

@Pachyderm_Wave may not be right all the time, like everyone else, but he’s clearly objective in his analysis. IMO he’s just as nitpicky and hard on Bama players as anyone else. Probably even more so.

They talking like Terrell Lewis will still be on the board in round 3 due to medical and spotty production. I might have to take a chance on that at 70.

his tools and arm length is stupid and he carries more weight than his frame suggest.

a scheme driven pass rush I could see him adding to it

Hell it was hard to put Diggs as high as I did. Other CB’s like Amik Robertson that silver fin mentioned were viable options for me there. But ended up just inside my top 125 and out of top 110.

Ultimately had to go with the length and upside of Diggs when projecting to the NFL. Diggs has the tools to be spectacular - he just has to want it. He got punked by LSU for 60 minutes and never competed.

Everytime he had a chance to make a routine tackle or break up a routine pass that would’ve changed the course of the game, he wilted. Every. Single. Time.

Missed most of 2018 with a foot injury.

They talking like Terrell Lewis will still be on the board in round 3 due to medical and spotty production. I might have to take a chance on that at 70.

his tools and arm length is stupid and he carries more weight than his frame suggest.

a scheme driven pass rush I could see him adding to it

Best pass rusher in the draft behind Chase Young if you’re projecting to the NFL. That long arm he uses to stand up an offensive tackle is too much to deal with - along with the athleticism and burst.

Again, it just comes down to wanting it. And staying healthy. I think his best football is ahead of him when you get right down to it.

Chaisson gets close to more sacks but the QB escapes because of his short arms. If Lewis gets close, somebody is going down.

I wouldn't touch Diggs in the first. I really like Gladney and Jaylon Johnson in the back half of the round.

Best pass rusher in the draft behind Chase Young if you’re project ting to the NFL. That long arm he uses to stand up an offensive tackle is too much to deal with - along with the athleticism and burst.

Again, it just comes down to wanting it. And staying healthy. I think his best football is ahead of him when you get right down to it.

Chaisson gets close to more sacks but the QB escapes because of his short arms. If Lewis gets close, somebody is going down.

did a lot of dropping at the senior bowl and showed he could carry coverage on backs etc. Id have liked to see him pass rush more. His stop start redirect is pretty stupid too.

I’m with you on the upside but it does kinda feel like he doesn’t want it enough. Content

I’m also higher on ruggs. Anyone that gives me a extra 2 yards over expected return relative to coverage vs route concept is rare. I expect 6 he gives me 8 etc

and he’s tough for his size.

for me Denver has to turn that pick in.

did a lot of dropping at the senior bowl and showed he could carry coverage on backs etc. Id have liked to see him pass rush more. His stop start redirect is pretty stupid too.

I’m with you on the upside but it does kinda feel like he doesn’t want it enough. Content

Saban’s clueless DC had Lewis dropping into coverage standing back there covering grass all season instead of rushing the passer like he should‘ve been. Especially against LSU.

Willekes might be my fav. value pick of the edge rushers.

It's imperative to find the edge guys with juice. Guys who consistently get the QB almost always have something in common - high end athleticism. I don't think there's a better correlation at any position.

I’m also higher on ruggs. Anyone that gives me a extra 2 yards over expected return relative to coverage vs route concept is rare. I expect 6 he gives me 8 etc

Great fit with Lock as well

Both Baun and Lewis got no help at tbe senior bowl for their draft stock with their usage. If I was eithers agent I’d be pissed.

although maybe that helped hide bauns frame some.

pass rush translates to higher draft stock and picks

Overrated. About the 4th best receiver on Bama’s roster last year. I don’t like him in the 1st round, certainly not top 15 - but some do. I think they’ll be a little disappointed with that one.

Back
Top Bottom