The Patriots Plan: Who Do They Eliminate? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Patriots Plan: Who Do They Eliminate?

If I was BB I would be thinking of blitzing through the middle where our guards and center aren't the best, and play slightly deeper coverage forcing us to go on longer drivers. Wait for a mistake, whether it is a fumble, false start or whatever that puts us in a difficult position, and get us off the field. So I guess the thing I would be planning on taking away is the big play potential.

If I was BB I would be thinking of blitzing through the middle where our guards and center aren't the best, and play slightly deeper coverage forcing us to go on longer drivers. Wait for a mistake, whether it is a fumble, false start or whatever that puts us in a difficult position, and get us off the field. So I guess the thing I would be planning on taking away is the big play potential.
If you blitz up the middle the. You give up the middle so you think he is confident his guys can tackle Albert, Grant, And kenny over and over again and not miss one tackle because one missed tackle and it is to the house with those guys.

If I’m the Patriots I give Tannehill his little checkdowns all day. Take out Stills. Don’t let Amendola get his revenge game. Dolphins suck on third down so I am shutting down the run, putting them in third and long and winning by their lack of red zone scoring. The Patriots need to run on us, take the pressure off Brady. Soften them up, go with Gronk and just out score them. This will be a coaching chess game for Belichick. Just have to see if he still has the guys who can get it done against ours that can overcome what they throw at them.

My biggest concerns:
1. Matchups vs our LB's and TJ. The Pats love the short quick passing game and we can likely be had by it.
2. The DE's being gassed when it counts, we are use to a 5 man end rotation and this week it could be 3 or 3 and a ham and egger.
3. Blitzes up the middle, our tackles should lock down the edge rushers of NE but the interior of our line is the weakness and the Pats love sending LB's up the middle.
4. Slow start sluggish offense due to not matching emotion and physicality early on. The Patriots are going to be keyed up as **** for this game, if we come out flat we will dig an insurmountable hole.

I think the offense needs to win this one for us. We were able to slice that defense to pieces at home last year with inaccurate Jay Cutler, no reason why we shouldn't do it again. I believe Gase is saving **** for this one. I'm hoping this is a true "change of the guard" type game but although the site will fall apart and "everybody will suck" playing a competitive game win or lose is a big step. History shows us we are in a bad ****ing spot this Sunday.

In past years it was pretty easy to figure out what Belichick would do defensively. Take away Landry in the passing game and load up the box on obvious running downs to stop the run...pretty much stopped the Dolphins offense cold.

Three games into this season and Tannehill/Gase have spread the ball around like a thin slice of butter on toast and it's been just as smooth. Gase often has Wilson and Grant in the game at the time so you can't key on just one of those guys on offense, plus you still have Kenny Stills who can also get behind the defense. I saw some encouraging signs from Gesicki last week and I'm sure Amendola wants to show the Pats what they're missing.

My guess is the Pats will load up the box again, like Oakland last week, and take their chances on Miami not being as efficient as they were against Oakland. Also, not allowing the Dolphins to run the ball and use up clock (like Detroit did to them) will give Brady more time on the field to do his thing and get in a rhythm.

Wow this turned into a love/hate Tannehill thread real quick.
As for the pats's defense, they were missing 3 starters against the Lions so lets not get our guard down.
Pats are down but not out. But as someone pointed earlier, we don't have Landry anymore to go to every time and we're doing a good job of spreading the football around.
We have several guys now that can and have made big plays this year so pick your poison.
We have a chance to win this game.

If you blitz up the middle the. You give up the middle so you think he is confident his guys can tackle Albert, Grant, And kenny over and over again and not miss one tackle because one missed tackle and it is to the house with those guys.
Obviously BB knows a bit more about D than me, but yes that is what I would by doing.

Wow this turned into a love/hate Tannehill thread real quick.
As for the pats's defense, they were missing 3 starters against the Lions so lets not get our guard down.
Pats are down but not out. But as someone pointed earlier, we don't have Landry anymore to go to every time and we're doing a good job of spreading the football around.
We have several guys now that can and have made big plays this year so pick your poison.
We have a chance to win this game.
We also lost 2 starters on defense and Derby on offense.

So, the Bellichek model for his D is to find your most valauble offensive weapon and take it away, and let the "lesser" players beat you.
Who do you think BB sees as that player for us, and what do you think he does to eliminate him?

I think BB will try to take away Drake and the running game in general. If he can, that will make us one dimensional. Tannehill has proven in the past to make coordinators pay for doing that, but I think that'll be his strategy and probably his best bet. If I would see 8 in the box or press coverage, I would air it out deep on every drive. Make them pay for overplaying their hand. If they try to take away the deep ball, I would run it down their throats.

I think the refs beat us. We will sack Brady and a penalty will be called. Their defense will run into our receivers and pass interference will be called on us. I can see it now.

I've only watched the Lions/Pats game as I hate watching the Pats. So take this for what its worth (pretty much nothing), I think their biggest fear will be Drake. His speed will kill their slow LB'ers. If he can get into space, he should be able to pick up big chunks of yardage.

Baker showed some serious speed, hopefully if he gets put on Gronk he will be able to stay with him.

This could be a crossroads type game, beat them in their home and it'll take some of the fear factor from them. Sometimes it feels like teams play them scared - especially at Foxborough. If we lose, it could start the momentum for another big season after an early wobble. I can't remember the last time I was so nervous about a game this early in the week.

They need to be able to run on the Pats. The LIONS did it, and the Lions haven't been able to run on anyone for years. If they are able to take away Drake and Gore, the game becomes one-dimensional.

And I don't think a one-dimensional Miami team beats the Pats in their house.

Back
Top Bottom