The player who has grown on you the most (Draft) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The player who has grown on you the most (Draft)

Dolphinator530

Club Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, who is the player that has really grown on you throughout the process leading up to the draft and why. Doesn’t have to be a big name let see how deep it runs and see if someone calls a diamond in the rough.

Mine…

James Cook - seems to fit the zone running scheme with one cut and hit the hole. Decent route runner and can catch pretty well. UGA RBs are decent blockers but I feel like his burst is going to be his wow factor. Not a lot of wear on the treads due to UGA being loaded at RB. Could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Kind of gives me a Kamara vibe

I second that.
Like the title says, who is the player that has really grown on you throughout the process leading up to the draft and why. Doesn’t have to be a big name let see how deep it runs and see if someone calls a diamond in the rough.

Mine…

James Cook - seems to fit the zone running scheme with one cut and hit the hole. Decent route runner and can catch pretty well. UGA RBs are decent blockers but I feel like his burst is going to be his wow factor. Not a lot of wear on the treads due to UGA being loaded at RB. Could be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Kind of gives me a Kamara vibe
I second that. Cook looks like a perfect fit. Might be a “reach” at 50. Will he be there though when we pick at 101?

I was high on him before, but I was really impressed with Alec Pierce's combine. 6'2,/6'3 wr who seems to run good routes and has good hands. Before the combine I was thinking he might be on the board innthe 4th or 5th round, but I think his stock is really on the rise now.

Mine…

I understand he was a sailor in his past life - LOL

Lindenbaum - I like his:
Position - Center
Size - King Size - LOL
Appearance - He doesn't appear to be too fat, like some OL-men are. - LOL
Esteem - Seems to be widely regarded as an early draft pick - where there's smoke, there is fire - I hope - LOL

Since starting to look at the receiver unit I would say Chistian Watson and Jahan Dotson.

Loved that both Breece and Kenneth Walker posted 4.4’s..

I’ll be tuning into Kenneth walkers Pro day to see if those hands check out, if they do he’s the #1 back imo and would like to figure out a way to get him.

Since starting to look at the receiver unit I would say Chistian Watson and Jahan Dotson.

Loved that both Breece and Kenneth Walker posted 4.4’s..

I’ll be tuning into Kenneth walkers Pro day to see if those hands check out, if they do he’s the #1 back imo and would like to figure out a way to get him.
If we add OL in FA, Dotson at 29 and Walker in the 2nd would be a dream

There are a lot of players I like on the OL and at WR in this draft.
BUT - the one player I want the most is LB Dean.
I think he is going to be really really good in the right system and I think we are a perfect fit for him.

1) Georgia - DT - Wyatt. Very quick for a big man, especially as a DT, who are notoriously plodding types.

2) NDST - WR - Christian Watson. Didn't think he'd test as well as he did. But he's proven his athleticism in doing so.

3) UTSA - CB - Tariq Woolen. Never thought he'd blow the doors off the combine. He gives me visions of an elite secondary, when combined with Howard, Byron Jones, Holland and the others in Miami's sub packages.

4) Iowa State - RB - Breese Hall. Was a favorite of mine, before. Now even more so.

5) Oklahoma - DE/LB - Nik Bonitto. This kid is going to surprise a lot of people. A very versatile player with speed to burn. A hybrid candidate. A player who has the potential to get double digit sacks consistently. Love him!!

Last edited:
Love this post.

Lucas and Johnson on the offensive line. Both showed well at the combine and seemingly would be good fits.

Watson at wide receiver. His explosion measurements are really exciting.

Davis at NT. Obviously, he will be drafted way before Miami picks.

Chenal is much more athletic at linebacker than I thought.

Despite not having great combines, I still like Burks and Lloyd.

WR Christian Watson

There’s a lot of players I like a lot and I could go on and on but…this guys tape combined with his size/athleticism and then backed up by his combine #’s just jump out as 1 of my favs for the draft.

Back
Top Bottom