The REAL Los Angeles baseball team thread, Go Dodgers! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The REAL Los Angeles baseball team thread, Go Dodgers!

Kemp, Loney and Martin will be the team going forward, barring any trades. The beauty is that they are all homegrown talent as well. Add Billingsley, Broxton, the likely arrival of Clayton Kershaw soon and the pitching staff should have some nice arms to build around too when the older guys like Schmidt, Lowe and Wolf go bye bye. Although, I think Lowe can probably still pitch at this level for another few years.

If LaRoche is able to figure it out soon, he owuld be yet, another talent that we can sit at third and just reep the benefits of for years.

I really like what Ned Colletti and Logan White (Scouting Director) have done. They were able to mix some nice, quality veterans in with promising young talent. Rebuilding, while reloading is very hard to do, and they seem to be very close to perfecting it.

The best part is that my beloved Dodgers are going back to the Dodger fundamentals. Pitching, smart baserunning and relying on the farm. For far too long we got wrapped up in the spending game/free agency.

It still happens on occasion (Pierre) but the fact that in a year or two, virtually all position players will be filled by Dodger minor league talent is a tribute to the change back in philosophy.

1b: James Loney
2b: Tony Abreu
SS: Rafael Furcal
3b: Andy LaRoche
C: Russell Martin
RF: Matt Kemp
LF: Andre Ethier
CF: Juan Pierre

By my count, that is six spots filled by Dodger minor leaguers (Ethier came from the A's). That is uncanny.

Kemp, Loney and Martin will be the team going forward, barring any trades. The beauty is that they are all homegrown talent as well. Add Billingsley, Broxton, the likely arrival of Clayton Kershaw soon and the pitching staff should have some nice arms to build around too when the older guys like Schmidt, Lowe and Wolf go bye bye. Although, I think Lowe can probably still pitch at this level for another few years.

If LaRoche is able to figure it out soon, he owuld be yet, another talent that we can sit at third and just reep the benefits of for years.

I really like what Ned Colletti and Logan White (Scouting Director) have done. They were able to mix some nice, quality veterans in with promising young talent. Rebuilding, while reloading is very hard to do, and they seem to be very close to perfecting it.

The best part is that my beloved Dodgers are going back to the Dodger fundamentals. Pitching, smart baserunning and relying on the farm. For far too long we got wrapped up in the spending game/free agency.

It still happens on occasion (Pierre) but the fact that in a year or two, virtually all position players will be filled by Dodger minor league talent is a tribute to the change back in philosophy.

1b: James Loney
2b: Tony Abreu
SS: Rafael Furcal
3b: Andy LaRoche
C: Russell Martin
RF: Matt Kemp
LF: Andre Ethier
CF: Juan Pierre

By my count, that is six spots filled by Dodger minor leaguers (Ethier came from the A's). That is uncanny.

That's nothing. The D-backs sport that on any given night this season. Though Orlando Hudson and Eric Byrnes are really starters, they are the only two "Regular" starters that arent home-grown Tucson triple A players

That being said, I grew up near Albuqurque, and watched many of your Dodger's of past years (Cey, Lopes, Garvey etc etc etc..) go through there. I have also witnessed the new face of the D-backs come through Tucson.

That's nothing. The D-backs sport that on any given night this season. Though Orlando Hudson and Eric Byrnes are really starters, they are the only two "Regular" starters that arent home-grown Tucson triple A players

That being said, I grew up near Albuqurque, and watched many of your Dodger's of past years (Cey, Lopes, Garvey etc etc etc..) go through there. I have also witnessed the new face of the D-backs come through Tucson.

D-Backs have a ton of young talent too. They will probably be a force for coming years as well. Heck, they are hanging in there this year with the youngsters. I imagine they will fall off a bit in the second half, but next year and beyond, they will probably be right in the mix.

D-Backs have a ton of young talent too. They will probably be a force for coming years as well. Heck, they are hanging in there this year with the youngsters. I imagine they will fall off a bit in the second half, but next year and beyond, they will probably be right in the mix.

Agreed completly. They are playing above themselves to this point, and two of our starting pitchers (Livon Hernandez and Randy Johnson) are older than god himself, but aside from that we are 2 players deep at every spot. 2 young players that is.

One more thing, and not trying to spam the Dodger forum. This years D-back salary is third lowest in the league.....:wink: 52 mil..while the Dodgers are at 154 I believe. Of course that is largely taken up by 4 or 5 players...but. it is what it is...

Sorry there's REAL baseball teams in LA???

Wow Meg. Not sure if that was a shot at

A) Dodgers
B) Angels or
C) Diamonbacks..

Each way its not a good shot. The Dodgers and and D-backs are competing at the highest levels in the National League. The Angels are coming back strong. Both the D-backs and Angels have won a World Series in this decade and the Dodgers are a threat at going each and every single year....:wink:

Wow Meg. Not sure if that was a shot at

A) Dodgers
B) Angels or
C) Diamonbacks..

Each way its not a good shot. The Dodgers and and D-backs are competing at the highest levels in the National League. The Angels are coming back strong. Both the D-backs and Angels have won a World Series in this decade and the Dodgers are a threat at going each and every single year....:wink:
I'm just pulling chains.:lol:

Agreed completly. They are playing above themselves to this point, and two of our starting pitchers (Livon Hernandez and Randy Johnson) are older than god himself, but aside from that we are 2 players deep at every spot. 2 young players that is.

One more thing, and not trying to spam the Dodger forum. This years D-back salary is third lowest in the league.....:wink: 52 mil..while the Dodgers are at 154 I believe. Of course that is largely taken up by 4 or 5 players...but. it is what it is...

154 million? I don't think it is that much, but I could be wrong. Not that it matters anyway. L.A. draws close to 4 million in fans every year and play in the second largest media market. They can pay tons of salary out and not have it make a dent. Furthermore, Luis Gonzales, Jeff Kent (hopefully) and Randy Wolf come off the books at the end of the year. That is about 24 million right there to be replaced by league minimum guys Tony Abreu, Matt Kemp and probably Clayton Kershaw in the rotation.

Edit: According to this site, we are at 108 million. This doesn't take into account any salaries they may be paying via trades (Odalis Perez on the Royals etc.) Even so, it can't be close to 50 million in salary being paid to players no longer on the team.

http://www.sportscity.com/MLB/Los-Angeles-Dodgers-Salaries

Another W tonight, Betimit with a dinger, and 4 RBI. Hes got 9 in 130 ABs, if he could get that average up, he would be getting real playing time, and probably be an All-star. I mean thats a 45-50 HR pace...

Takashi with save number 23, Seanez with the W, going to 5-1 out of the pen...The bullpen threw 6, 1 hit 1 BB scoreless innings...

Nice to see the win coming on a night off for Martin too, this season when he has sat we haven't done too well...

I was looking over our hitting numbers, since I was curious to see if the change in hitting coaches has made a difference...

I didn't go through and figure out averages, just hits per game...

Right now, on the season we are hitting 9.2 hits a game. Before Murray got fired, and Mueller took over, we had been averaging 8.7 hits a game...

In the last 16 games, since the change took place, we have been averaging 11.25 hit per game. Thats 2.55 more hits per game, I think thats pretty significant...

154 million? I don't think it is that much, but I could be wrong. Not that it matters anyway. L.A. draws close to 4 million in fans every year and play in the second largest media market. They can pay tons of salary out and not have it make a dent. Furthermore, Luis Gonzales, Jeff Kent (hopefully) and Randy Wolf come off the books at the end of the year. That is about 24 million right there to be replaced by league minimum guys Tony Abreu, Matt Kemp and probably Clayton Kershaw in the rotation.

Edit: According to this site, we are at 108 million. This doesn't take into account any salaries they may be paying via trades (Odalis Perez on the Royals etc.) Even so, it can't be close to 50 million in salary being paid to players no longer on the team.

http://www.sportscity.com/MLB/Los-Angeles-Dodgers-Salaries

I agree with all of this.
I got the 154 from the D-backs announcer, maybe you have heard of him- Mark Grace? Anyways, they were talking about how the Dodgers stacked the lineup this year to make a seriouis run for the pennant, which is far from what the Org usually does.
As I have stated, I have followed the Dodgers for quite sometime, and the NY Yankees they are not (Financially spaeking of course).

That said, when we won the pennant, we spent tons of Money to get Kurt Shilling and Randy Johnson, without whom we would never have come close.

Even though you guys absolutely own the D-backs in head to head, I have nothing but love, admiration and respect for the Dodgers.:wink:

I was looking over our hitting numbers, since I was curious to see if the change in hitting coaches has made a difference...

I didn't go through and figure out averages, just hits per game...

Right now, on the season we are hitting 9.2 hits a game. Before Murray got fired, and Mueller took over, we had been averaging 8.7 hits a game...

In the last 16 games, since the change took place, we have been averaging 11.25 hit per game. Thats 2.55 more hits per game, I think thats pretty significant...

Our runs per game are up slightly as well. Not a huge improvement, but the team in general just seems to be better prepared.

Another W tonight, Betimit with a dinger, and 4 RBI. Hes got 9 in 130 ABs, if he could get that average up, he would be getting real playing time, and probably be an All-star. I mean thats a 45-50 HR pace...

Takashi with save number 23, Seanez with the W, going to 5-1 out of the pen...The bullpen threw 6, 1 hit 1 BB scoreless innings...

Nice to see the win coming on a night off for Martin too, this season when he has sat we haven't done too well...

If we could just play the Braves all the time, Wilson Betemit would SHATTER Bonds single season homerun record. He really does like making his former team pay doesn't he? :lol: The youngsters came through again as Matt Kemp had the winning RBI and Andre Ethier came through with the tying RBI earlier in the game. The only issue is that the bullpen was used an awful lot tonight. Six innings, but they looked great. Plus, Houlton did most of it and he is a fresh arm, so maybe it doesn't hurt us too much.

I have a feeling that Henrdickson will be on a short leash today though so be prepared to see the likes of Brett Bombko early and often today. (ugh).

Bullseye, did you hear the story on Mike Lieberthal yesterday? Seeing how Martin plays virtually everyday, when his teammates found out he was starting yesterday, they filled his locker area with balloons and congrats signs. :lol:

Yeah, I got to see the game on TBS :D

Well, Wolf is on the DL...I just hope the injuries don't make the front office feel forced to make a undesirable deal...As we have talked about earlier, I really hope they don't make a desperation move, and trade Kemp for Buehrle...

Back
Top Bottom