"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question" | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question"

When people tell a story, they sometimes exaggerate or embellish a little to make it more interesting. This can be done through statements of fabrication, amplification or even omission. For example, I could say that I was once a boxer a many people would find this interesting (or at least more interesting than the fact that I trained for a year and fought once in a gym with about 10 people watching). It might not be a lie, but it's not necessarily the best way to communicate the exact situation. Dez was having a conversation about the tough questions he received while being interviewed. He probably said something like "One person asked if my mom was a prostitute." It might not be a lie, but it's not necessarily the best way to communicate the exact situation.

I don't blame Dez, most of us do it. I'm not saying he's a liar, but he doesn't want to explain it any more than he has. There has only been one report explaining any context in which the question was asked. Dez didn't supply it.

what the hell do you expect him to say? He used what in retrospect turned out to be "poor judgment" only because he underestimated how offended someone who readily told him his dad was a pimp and that his mom worked for his dad would become after asking an obvious follow-up question. It's like agreeing with someone who's telling all the reason's that their GF is a beyotch but takes offense because it's only okay for him to say it. You apologize because despite the cues, you inadvertently crossed someone else's subjective line. And that's all there is to it.

In your opinion thats it, just doesnt fly right with me. Once again its unprofessional to even go there. Dez never said his mom was a prostitute so the analagy is not the same. Also we have no clue what was actually said since we have had no proof either way

LMAO. sometimes, I forget, how funny you can be. :lol:

seriously that would shut everyone up to a great degree. We all know they tape the interview so they can study the interview. All this work they do and they dont have an interview tape, yea right lol

Other than the occasional moral crusader this is a dead issue. Realeasing the tape at this point is like ripping the scab off a wound. It's pointless. Even if it proved things went down the way Ireland says they did, people like Silver and dlockz arn't getting off their soapbox until they have a new injustice to cry about.

Other than the occasional moral crusader this is a dead issue. Realeasing the tape at this point is like ripping the scab off a wound. It's pointless. Even if it proved things went down the way Ireland says they did, people like Silver and dlockz arn't getting off their soapbox until they have a new injustice to cry about.

Yea because wanting some kind of standard in an interview is such a high point of view. People are crusading all over this issue but yet because I am vocal Im on a soapbox. Releasing the audio would confirm we did the so called right thing or not. That takes all opinion out of the matter and makes it all facts but of course noone is ever interested in facts. Now we can try to make Dez the worst possible person even if we just spent millions on a great player that has much worse real issues than Dez has ever shown.

Yea because wanting some kind of standard in an interview is such a high point of view. People are crusading all over this issue but yet because I am vocal Im on a soapbox. Releasing the audio would confirm we did the so called right thing or not. That takes all opinion out of the matter and makes it all facts but of course noone is ever interested in facts. Now we can try to make Dez the worst possible person even if we just spent millions on a great player that has much worse real issues than Dez has ever shown.

To some extent you're right in that "no one is interested in facts." The douche Silver, after getting Toby Gerhart's account of being asked whether as a white running back, he feels "entitled," never bothered to pursue this possible racial stereotyping if not discrimination that well could have cost Toby millions by bouncing him out of the first round. IMO, this is pretty egregious in general, and especially if asked of him by someone of color. Yet Silver chose to mine a yellow journalistic vein for sensationalist, and maybe even worse, don't-tip-the-apple cart, politically correct type motivations.

I would think that a racially biased interview question has more wide-ranging social implications than a possibly intemperate follow-up one that was likely known around FOs anyway. Personally, I'd like to know who asked Gerhart that question, whether it violated an existing league ethical violations, and whether this was a stereotypic perception across the league which served to move him into the 2nd round, wouldn't you?

30ib5eg-1.jpg

One thing you must acknowledge is that these pre-draft interviews are done with the understanding that they are CONFIDENTIAL, at least on the part of of the teams. Whether the individual prospective players reveal those questions asked is on them!

Therefore there is a perfectly good reason the entire interview has NOT been released to provide CONTEXT!

Please acknowledge that Goodell got involved after Wells ran his mouth to the media. Goodell would have been all over the Dolphin organization for releasing FOUR LINES of that interview had he not GIVEN THEM HIS APPROVAL to release that info.

Name just ONE team that has ever released a transcript or tape of a team pre-draft interview!:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom