"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question"

I can't believe anyone can be so gullible, such an inept handicapper, to accept this version. I've never been in an interview session, nor witnessed one, where 5 consecutive sentences on such an emotional and atypical topic are covered so blandly and rapid fire, none of the sentences more than 10 words.

That's not how the real world works.

It's like someone read Hemingway's tips on short sentences and decided to pry themselves from a predicament. :lol:

The most hilarious is the sentence attributed to Dez, "I'm not proud of this, my dad was a pimp."

Yep, that's classic Dez Bryant speak, apologetic and with perfect grammar.

Here's a tape of an actual Dez Bryant interview, complete with all the stumbling "you know" and "um" that he's known for, with a rambling defensive attitude. Try to listen to something like this and imagine Dez Bryant answering important questions with the absurdly brief replies attributed to him in the leaked Dolphin version.

Best of luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0HafE7SR8

You have the right to not believe it. That's fine. No one is going to get hurt if that's how you feel. The only thing is I'm almost 100% sure that's what happened. My version of the story was leak to the media. What's your version of what happened? Ireland just walk in the room, and just ask him if his mom was a prostitute for no apparent reason. Righttt.. I'm the gullible one.

You have the right to not believe it. That's fine. No one is going to get hurt if that's how you feel. The only thing is I'm almost 100% sure that's what happened. My version of the story was leak to the media. What's your version of what happened? Ireland just walk in the room, and just ask him if his mom was a prostitute for no apparent reason. Righttt.. I'm the gullible one.

well one way to know for sure play the damn audio

Who cares how it happened... It needs to be dropped. It was a question... That is all if that is the most difficult thing that Dez deals with while he is in the NFL... Great... BUT I have a feeling he will make more headlines due to his private life rather then on the field... And after it is all said and done... Ireland will still be in the league and he will not...

If anyone believes that nonsense the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale. If that was indeed the line of questioning there would have been no need for an apology. Period.
you are 100% right..he should not have given him an apology

This whole thing is the press using their usual M.O of making a big thing out of a non-issue and not letting the fact that they have no facts or real information about the situation at all. Dez didn't file any complaints, Dez won't talk about it, ireland won't talk about it... these are the two people involved and they are done with it SHUT THE F UP ALREADY ABOUT IT PRESS. The worst is its our own f'n press.... the same press that is utterly useless in gaining any new information... our writers just quote other people twitters and news wire articles...

Last edited by a moderator:
Who do you trust, Bryant the proven liar? Or Ireland who up until this point was known for his class. Bryant is panicking and just trying to save face.

http://www.finheaven.com/headlines/44-headlines/270-turth-on-ireland-question

I don't know who to trust but to act like an NFL front office man(in a FO that works under the biggest liar in football) couldn't lie is a bit silly. My biggest question is if that is how the converstaion went down then why did Ireland apologize?

Imagine if Dez was drafted by Miami and this question came from the Jets- would Dez be considered thre "known liar" then?

I think Ireland was wrong and he admitted it, I'm not killing ireland. he made a mistake, it happens.

Dez learned a lesson the hard way here. As you can see he wants this all behind him as of now. A lesson you ask, yep a lesson in not having you're posse leak stuff about you're private life to the media.

Sure Ireland and the Dolphins got a black eye from this. Come 4 months from now, most will ether have forgiven or forgotten about what Ireland asked.

As for Dez unless he goes out and sets the NFL on fire. Most all will remember every great play or miscue. Was that his mother is a crack dealer. The kid did himself more damage, even if his mother never pulled a trick in her life.

I don't know who to trust but to act like an NFL front office man(in a FO that works under the biggest liar in football) couldn't lie is a bit silly. My biggest question is if that is how the converstaion went down then why did Ireland apologize?

Imagine if Dez was drafted by Miami and this question came from the Jets- would Dez be considered thre "known liar" then?

I think Ireland was wrong and he admitted it, I'm not killing ireland. he made a mistake, it happens.

You sound like a goofy lawyer with "the apology means Ireland is guilty" crap . All it means is Ireland found out that the question offended Bryant and he wanted to make amends. The apology does not prove in any way in what context the question was asked. All Bryant will say is that the question wasn't asked in the context that has been in the media. If that is the case why doesn't he just explain exactly how the question came up then? Maybe he wont tell us because it will make him look bad if he pimp story is really the truth. Come on Dez. If you were so offended, tell the world how the subject came up. Did Ireland ask "How are you Dez? Is your mother a whore?" I highly doubt it.

this was a case of blogger/citizen journalism (yahoo and pro footballtalk) taking a matter and blowing it up for a few extra hits, without checking with more than one source...

You sound like a goofy lawyer with "the apology means Ireland is guilty" crap . All it means is Ireland found out that the question offended Bryant and he wanted to make amends. The apology does not prove in any way in what context the question was asked. All Bryant will say is that the question wasn't asked in the context that has been in the media. If that is the case why doesn't he just explain exactly how the question came up then? Maybe he wont tell us because it will make him look bad if he pimp story is really the truth. Come on Dez. If you were so offended, tell the world how the subject came up. Did Ireland ask "How are you Dez? Is your mother a whore?" I highly doubt it.

The bottom line is if Dez was drafted by Maimi and you found out another team asked that question you guys would be going berzerk but b/c it was Miami asking the question and he is not a dolphin you think he is wrong.

The bottom line is if Dez was drafted by Maimi and you found out another team asked that question you guys would be going berzerk but b/c it was Miami asking the question and he is not a dolphin you think he is wrong.

Not me, I don't care what they ask. If the NFL cares so much, put some guidelines in and be done with it.

I also don't see any Cowboys, or Cowboy fans going bezerk. Just the Bryant family. So that is also a silly argument.

Not me, I don't care what they ask. If the NFL cares so much, put some guidelines in and be done with it.

I also don't see any Cowboys, or Cowboy fans going bezerk. Just the Bryant family. So that is also a silly argument.

I don't post on any cowboy boards but i feel confident in saying that Cowboy fans are defending Dez and bashing Miami.

I don't post on any cowboy boards but i feel confident in saying that Cowboy fans are defending Dez and bashing Miami.

My brother is a die hard Cowboy fan, he could give a s***. He's more worried about the backlash it will bring when he's on the field.

As for anyone really bashing Miami...as you know from being here, people complain about ridiculous crap all the time. Don't know how it effects us. I don't hear anyone in the Dallas FO begging for an apology.

Back
Top Bottom