"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question" | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question"

My brother is a die hard Cowboy fan, he could give a s***. He's more worried about the backlash it will bring when he's on the field.

As for anyone really bashing Miami...as you know from being here, people complain about ridiculous crap all the time. Don't know how it effects us. I don't hear anyone in the Dallas FO begging for an apology.

I'd be willing to bet most cowboy fans(at least the vocal ones) are bashing Miami. Does it matter? No but the point is most on here are bashing dez and defending Miami but if Dallas asked the question and Miami drafted him then most on here would be defending Dez. That's not a knock on Miami fans, I think it happens the same way w/ every fanbase.

I'd be willing to bet most cowboy fans(at least the vocal ones) are bashing Miami. Does it matter? No but the point is most on here are bashing dez and defending Miami but if Dallas asked the question and Miami drafted him then most on here would be defending Dez. That's not a knock on Miami fans, I think it happens the same way w/ every fanbase.

There comes a point where as a fan, I'd be more worried about this staying in the news. The longer this goes on, the worse for Bryant IMO. Ireland and co. have moved on.

Thank you for quoting me solo by the way. I hate when you group me with others....lol

The bottom line is if Dez was drafted by Maimi and you found out another team asked that question you guys would be going berzerk but b/c it was Miami asking the question and he is not a dolphin you think he is wrong.

Sure I think some would go ape poo but this is the internets .... that is pretty much implied for any teams fans.

Just with knowing that Dez has a record of lying alone should make this entire situation a NON ISSUE!!!!! At least till some one comes up with that magical tape that has the proof of what happened or even some creditable (hey we could dream) witness's outside of the two holding the conversation.

Sure I think some would go ape poo but this is the internets .... that is pretty much implied for any teams fans.

Just with knowing that Dez has a record of lying alone should make this entire situation a NON ISSUE!!!!! At least till some one comes up with that magical tape that has the proof of what happened or even some creditable (hey we could dream) witness's outside of the two holding the conversation.

Dez lied to the NCAA about being at Sander's house that hardly makes a record of lying. Im sure Ireland has told at least one lie.

Dez lied to the NCAA about being at Sander's house that hardly makes a record of lying. Im sure Ireland has told at least one lie.

And I'm sure that wasn't Dez's only lie. So?

But he has a record of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland has lied either.

Point was none of this is relevant without something in stone or as close to as possible since both parties cannot be believable enough. I just think Dez has less ground to stand on then Ireland at this point.

I thnk the Miami FO has more pride than to just leak audio (if any) to try and prove a point and say "We're right, you're wrong." They really don't care, now Dez is trying to roll with it and act like it's whatever because he obviously lied and feels like a massive poon after having to deal with his crazy beezer mom.

But he has a record of it, I wouldn't be surprised if Ireland has lied either.

Point was none of this is relevant without something in stone or as close to as possible since both parties cannot be believable enough. I just think Dez has less ground to stand on then Ireland at this point.

So u have Dez's lie that has been publicized. Neither one has shown to be any more believable than the other. The only thing I know is that Jeff Ireland apologized for askihng a certain question so I take him at his word. If Miami was so eager to clear this up then they would release the audio. Dez seems less than worried about it and neither do the dolphins so I see no need to crucify anybody.

The bottom line is if Dez was drafted by Maimi and you found out another team asked that question you guys would be going berzerk but b/c it was Miami asking the question and he is not a dolphin you think he is wrong.

Get lost. Why wont Bryant say in what context the question was asked? He claims it wasn't asked in the context that has been quoted in the media, so why doesn't he tell us exactly how the question was asked so he can make Ireland look like the devil everyone thinks he is? I don't give a dam what team he was drafted by. Bryant opened this can of worms so why doesn't he clear this whole thing up by saying what exactly happen? Bryant has no credibility in this whole matter. He is surrounded by shady associates and family members, he seems socially retarded, and he is a known liar.

I thnk the Miami FO has more pride than to just leak audio (if any) to try and prove a point and say "We're right, you're wrong." They really don't care, now Dez is trying to roll with it and act like it's whatever because he obviously lied and feels like a massive poon after having to deal with his crazy beezer mom.

I dont think its pride, they just wont do it. I dont see how u say Dez obviously lied. Dont know what he gains from this lie. He said he was asked the question and our FO apologized so obviously he was asked something

I dont think its pride, they just wont do it. I dont see how u say Dez obviously lied. Dont know what he gains from this lie. He said he was asked the question and our FO apologized so obviously he was asked something

The "..but but but he apologized" mantra is getting old, especially since we now understand the context. Yes, Jeff apologized for asking a direct question when told Dez's mom worked for a pimp after finding out that Dez was offended, or at least his handlers were. He apologized for using that word "prostitute" instead of either leaving it be based on Dez giving him the information he needed or following-up in a more indirect manner. He didn't pluck that question out of thin air. That's all there is to it!

And I gotta say, I know you're hard-wired this way, but your stubbornly giving the benefit of the doubt to a 20 year old kid who was without his mommy for 18 months while she was in clink, who lived in at least 7 trailers while in high school and had attitude problems then according to his HS coach, and who's being advised by Sanders and Wells with a shady background himself, who almost screwed up Crabtree's career while not too long ago, vehemently asserting Randy Starks guilt (case dismissed) in the SoBe incident from the get go only confirms to some of us that if it's anything Fins you'll eagerly jump right in judgmentally and likewise if anything or anyone against the Fins, you'll dig in and defend beyond reason.

But if that's what yanks your crank as "fan", I guess it's kewl.
119nqdw-1.jpg

The "..but but but he apologized" mantra is getting old, especially since we now understand the context. Yes, Jeff apologized for asking a direct question when told Dez's mom worked for a pimp after finding out that Dez was offended, or at least his handlers were. He apologized for using that word "prostitute" instead of either leaving it be based on Dez giving him the information he needed or following-up in a more indirect manner. He didn't pluck that question out of thin air. That's all there is to it!

And I gotta say, I know you're hard-wired this way, but your stubbornly giving the benefit of the doubt to a 20 year old kid who was without his mommy for 18 months while she was in clink, who lived in at least 7 trailers while in high school and had attitude problems then according to his HS coach, and who's being advised by Sanders and Wells with a shady background himself, who almost screwed up Crabtree's career while not too long ago, vehemently asserting Randy Starks guilt (case dismissed) in the SoBe incident from the get go only confirms to some of us that if it's anything Fins you'll eagerly jump right in judgmentally and likewise if anything or anyone against the Fins, you'll dig in and defend beyond reason.

But if that's what yanks your crank as "fan", I guess it's kewl.
119nqdw-1.jpg

Thats the context u choose to believe but believing is far from knowing. I admit I dont know what the context was and really could care less because there is no reason at all to ask if his mom was a prostittute. Jeff did not specify that he was sorry because Dez was offended his exact words were

My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm considering drafting," Ireland said in a statement. "Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions. Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him."

He said himself he used poor judgement not well if he is offended I apologize.

Neither article cites one shred of evidence proving either case. You choose to believe that some unname source said such and such thats fine. If they feel the context merited the question then there was no need to apologize. Unless we release the audio none of us will ever know. I do know he apologized so to apologize is to admit u did something wrong.
I see no advantage for Dez to put this out there and just lie when he knows that the dolphins probably have a tape of the interview. I dont even see the motivation for Dez to just put this out since he will probably be much happier playing in Dallas than Miami since he is from Texas.

As for he Starks case u quite overstate what I said. I just wanna see this lawsuit against the cops for haraassing starks that so many though should happen because the cops were being racist for pulling over Starks in an overcrowded vehicle. The charges were not dropped but reduced to a minor traffic violation. If Starks did nothing wrong why is h paying a fine at all, so of course Starks was in wrong Cops pulled him over. Starks has no major record and after looking at things they did not pursue the battery charge. I stated all along that I did not feel that Starks intended to bump the officer but I did feel he was wrong for piling so many people into a friggin semi and trying to drive with it. Failure to use do care was the charge he agreed to plead no contest to. Traffic charges get reduced all the time , does not mean I was wrong . It means this is the direction the went. If Starks had other traffic incidents or problems Im sure this would not have been reduced.

Personally I could care less about your opinion of me or your perception because thats your right to feel but it does not make it right.

but but but ... what if Ireland was lying about the apology? hmmmm ... the plot thickens

Thats the context u choose to believe but believing is far from knowing. I admit I dont know what the context was and really could care less because there is no reason at all to ask if his mom was a prostittute. Jeff did not specify that he was sorry because Dez was offended his exact words were

My job is to find out as much information as possible about a player that I'm considering drafting," Ireland said in a statement. "Sometimes that leads to asking in-depth questions. Having said that, I talked to Dez Bryant and told him I used poor judgment in one of the questions I asked him. I certainly meant no disrespect and apologized to him."

He said himself he used poor judgement not well he he is offended I apologize.

what the hell do you expect him to say? He used what in retrospect turned out to be "poor judgment" only because he underestimated how offended someone who readily told him his dad was a pimp and that his mom worked for his dad would become after asking an obvious follow-up question. It's like agreeing with someone who's telling all the reason's that their GF is a beyotch but takes offense because it's only okay for him to say it. You apologize because despite the cues, you inadvertently crossed someone else's subjective line. And that's all there is to it.

Back
Top Bottom