"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ose-to-bryant-says-dolphins-leak-is-bullsh-t/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-denies-telling-dolphins-his-dad-was-a-pimp/

To act like this is closed is silly. I don't know who is telling the truth but if that was the context of the question why would Ireland apologize?

Because that is the politically correct pussification of America that we now live in. When people are punished and/or judged by their comments instead of another's history/background/actions. Someone may have hurt the poor *******s' feelings with a legitmate concern about his lineage and people act as if they are offended it somehow makes them a better person. Nobody really cares except for Bryant. If he doesn't like it he has his whore of a mother to blame. Isn't she the reason he is a son of a prostitute?

At least that's how I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because that is the politically correct pussification of America that we now live in. When people are punished and/or judged by their comments instead of another's history/background/actions. Someone may have hurt the poor *******s' feelings with a legitmate concern about his lineage and people act as if they are offended it somehow makes them a better person. Nobody really cares except for Bryant. If he doesn't like it he has his whore of a mother to blame. Isn't she the reason he is a son of a prostitute?

So true....:up:

Why doesn't the Dolphin front office just release what took place during the interview?
It is obvious the front office just wanted to let the whole thing drop and didn't want to get into a battle of words. They saw it offended him(after the Yahoo story) so Ireland called Dez up and apologized that his question offended him. That is where the Dolphins wanted it to end and they didn't want to make it a big story. Frankly, Dez probably wanted the same thing to happen.

However, days pass and the media just won't shut up about it. People keep insulting the front office and people are publicly crying for Ireland to be fired. The team obviously still wanted to let it drop, but let the truth leak out to put it out there. If there is no leak today, people are still treating Ireland like Hitler and calling for his termination. Now that people and the media know the truth, things have died down considerably. Dez is panicking now that the truth is out and trying to cover it up.

The Dolphins originally didn't want to drag's name through the mud, but the media gave them no choice so that is why they leaked the truth and not make an official statement. The Dolphins look like they took the high road with the apology by Ireland and the statements by Ross. Still though, they didn't want Ireland's reputation to be tarnished because of the bull that was being spread so they did want the truth out in the open.

As Ross said yesterday, imo this matter is closed. The only person this hurts from this point on is the liar Dez.

It is obvious the front office just wanted to let the whole thing drop and didn't want to get into a battle of words. They saw it offended him(after the Yahoo story) so Ireland called Dez up and apologized that his question offended him. That is where the Dolphins wanted it to end and they didn't want to make it a big story. Frankly, Dez probably wanted the same thing to happen.

However, days pass and the media just won't shut up about it. People keep insulting the front office and people are publicly crying for Ireland to be fired. The team obviously still wanted to let it drop, but let the truth leak out to put it out there. If there is no leak today, people are still treating Ireland like Hitler and calling for his termination. Now that people and the media know the truth, things have died down considerably. Dez is panicking now that the truth is out and trying to cover it up.

The Dolphins originally didn't want to drag's name through the mud, but the media gave them no choice so that is why they leaked the truth and not make an official statement. The Dolphins look like they took the high road with the apology by Ireland and the statements by Ross. Still though, they didn't want Ireland's reputation to be tarnished because of the bull that was being spread so they did want the truth out in the open.

As Ross said yesterday, imo this matter is closed. The only person this hurts from this point on is the liar Dez.

Amen.

My Position Statement:
At this point it's time to move forward. Like with any difference of opinion, you can't please everyone. So there will continue to be naysayers who attribute the worst to Ireland, and that's their prerogative. However, the majority seem to believe and accept the non-Bryant account of what transpired in their meeting.

I'd think though that for anyone who's taken a logic class or has a Sherlock Holmes type logical deductive orientation, Ireland's follow-up question, although probably il-advised is more plausible than someone who's been interviewing and vetting players since 01 just pulling this question out of thin air. IMO, many including myself would almost as a reflex reaction, ask the very same question. I've heard from several reports that Bryant's background was common knowledge in most front offices. As a matter of fact, Doug Gottlieb, ESPN basketball analyst who played for OK St, called the Mike and Mike show to defend Ireland at the time he was taking most of the incoming fire by declaring that he's plugged in and Bryant is a mess surrounded by questionable people.

Granted there are no absolute premises that can be used to logically build a definite conclusion of what happened - either way. But short of that, using logic 101, IMO, it's not difficult to determine a "high likelihood" of what happened considering on one side: a GM who's interviewed hundreds if not thousands of players, including Quincy Carter, and who had just vetted Brandon Marshall versus on the other side, a 20 year old who grew up amidst lies and lawlessness, has advisors who have gotten him suspended, lied to the NCAA and is also being investigated by them for receiving "gifts." Compound that by his inability to conceive, comprehend or interpret the importance of getting to practices on time and not lying to the NCAA, spurred on by a headline-hungry glorified internet blogger who in his zeal to throw Ireland under the bus, also thought nothing of tarring Bryant and his mother publicly and forever.

So AFAIC, I'm more or less done with this topic despite blowhards like the sheister lawyer Florio and the scumbag Silver trying to stoke a continuing fire. It's over, done, and according to our savvy, billionaire owner, under a lot of pressure to knuckle under coming from the media knuckleheads, there was "no harm, no foul." So let the finfan contrarians continue to rail against Ireland. Although vocal, they're a small minority, and as said, you just can't please or convince everyone - so convincing the majority will have to suffice.

yeah the correct way to ask the question was, so what kind of work does your mom do, it was more of a surprised comment than a question in my opinion, it is one of those comments that you say whats on your mind without thinking about it. i could see now for next year that all these interviews will be recorded by orders of godell, so in case there is any controversy go to the tapes.

I would have love to have seen if it was ozzy newsome doing the interview, if it would have changed everything.

Marcellous Wiley himself had said, that he has had a lot more personal questions then that asked to him when he got interview

still say he admitted guilt of asking an illadvised question and thats all I know. Personally Im not on the fire Jeff Ireland bandwagon I am on the NFL clean up your damn interviews wagon though.

We just signed the calibur of a person in what we got with Brandon Marshall and you're this worked up over something Ireland said that every little kid has said to another kid on the playground.

Jeff: What does your father do for a living?

Dez: I'm not proud of this, my dad was a pimp.

Jeff: And what does your mother do?

Dez: She worked for my father.

Jeff: So is she a prostitute ?

I can't believe anyone can be so gullible, such an inept handicapper, to accept this version. I've never been in an interview session, nor witnessed one, where 5 consecutive sentences on such an emotional and atypical topic are covered so blandly and rapid fire, none of the sentences more than 10 words.

That's not how the real world works.

It's like someone read Hemingway's tips on short sentences and decided to pry themselves from a predicament. :lol:

The most hilarious is the sentence attributed to Dez, "I'm not proud of this, my dad was a pimp."

Yep, that's classic Dez Bryant speak, apologetic and with perfect grammar.

Here's a tape of an actual Dez Bryant interview, complete with all the stumbling "you know" and "um" that he's known for, with a rambling defensive attitude. Try to listen to something like this and imagine Dez Bryant answering important questions with the absurdly brief replies attributed to him in the leaked Dolphin version.

Best of luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0HafE7SR8

I can't believe anyone can be so gullible, such an inept handicapper, to accept this version. I've never been in an interview session, nor witnessed one, where 5 consecutive sentences on such an emotional and atypical topic are covered so blandly and rapid fire, none of the sentences more than 10 words.

That's not how the real world works.

It's like someone read Hemingway's tips on short sentences and decided to pry themselves from a predicament. :lol:

The most hilarious is the sentence attributed to Dez, "I'm not proud of this, my dad was a pimp."

Yep, that's classic Dez Bryant speak, apologetic and with perfect grammar.

Here's a tape of an actual Dez Bryant interview, complete with all the stumbling "you know" and "um" that he's known for, with a rambling defensive attitude. Try to listen to something like this and imagine Dez Bryant answering important questions with the absurdly brief gentlemanly replies attributed to him in the leaked Dolphin version.

Best of luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0HafE7SR8
jeez...now you want the wrighter to insert the ums and the das in the article..he got the information from someone in the room,,he's not going to quote dez verbatim..

Amen brother.

That you will never get because the interview was likely not recorded.

I find this unlikely for some reason. I would think that if an organization were considering offering a young man the amount of money that these players are making that they would want to review the interviews several times before coming to a conclusion. I'm not talking about video, rather an audio recording.

The Dolphins probably just want this to all disappear which is why they aren't releasing it.

We just signed the calibur of a person in what we got with Brandon Marshall and you're this worked up over something Ireland said that every little kid has said to another kid on the playground.

I dont know about u but I would like the professionalism of our FO to at least be slightly more than some damn kid off a playground. You can do what u want on he playground when it comes to interviewing for a livlihood there are certain ethical rules that u follow. Im not worked up at all I disagree that Bryant did anything wrong and think the question should have never been asked. Im pretty sure there is actual truth on video that could clear this whole mess up but of course we will never see it. As far as Im concerned its bascially over. Ireland misstepped and the NFL should look at its interviewing process. Really not a big deal. The question in itself is stupid and irrelevant.

I find this unlikely for some reason. I would think that if an organization were considering offering a young man the amount of money that these players are making that they would want to review the interviews several times before coming to a conclusion. I'm not talking about video, rather an audio recording.

The Dolphins probably just want this to all disappear which is why they aren't releasing it.

The lack of producing the audio really makes me feel that they interview would confirm what has been claimed by Dez. Dont tell me they spend all this money and dont review an interview with a possible first round pick. I mean they spent all this money on investigatin a background and they would not tape the inteverview. That smells like pure BS.

However, days pass and the media just won't shut up about it. People keep insulting the front office and people are publicly crying for Ireland to be fired.

Well now it all makes sense. The front office personell are the victims in all of this. I now have to agree with the guy who questioned if this is all part of a Jerry Jones smear campaign against Ireland and Tuna.

Back
Top Bottom