"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question"

I don't think he apologized because he was told to (as indicated by the inappropriate analogy in the other thread). I think, like most people, he realized that it was not the best way to ask the question to get the answers which he sought. In that respect, I have the same issue with either account of that portion of the interview.

Well if they took to tryed and true interview standards we would not be at this point now lol. I just wanna know how they ascertain that Dez just volunteered that his dad was a pimp

Ireland asked him, " What did your father do for a living?" and Dez answered that his father was a pimp.

Ireland asked him, " What did your father do for a living?" and Dez answered that his father was a pimp.

we have heard he asked that but have no true verification. Show the damn video and we all will know

we have heard he asked that but have no true verification. Show the damn video and we all will know
That you will never get because the interview was likely not recorded. All we can go by is what people say happened. I tend to believe the Dolphins story over Bryant's version for the simple fact that Bryant is a proven liar.

So wait, the out of thin air theory that was posted a few days ago on a couple of websites including here, is supposed to be what actually happened?? As opposed to the other sites just picking up on it?? Not sure I buy it....

He apologized for not phrasing question better and there should be no reason to ask if someone's mother is a P. He did not provide context since he did not want to disclose Dez's father was a pimp to the media which would have gotten him in trouble too. Dez is denying the story since he wants to put doubt to that fact about his father that was leaked to press. Seems clear to me given what is known now.

Right, everything from Dez' accounts to the alleged "leaked" accounts of the conversation are all hearsay.

Unfortunately, in the court of public opinion, hearsay is like forensic evidence and sensationalization takes precedence over logic.

Dez's account of what Ireland said is not hearsay, there is no truth of the matter asserted. Unnamed sources who were not in the room saying what Ireland said he and Dez said is indeed hearsay. If Ireland goes on the record himself, it is not hearsay.

Dez's account of what Ireland said is not hearsay, there is no truth of the matter asserted. Unnamed sources who were not in the room saying what Ireland said he and Dez said is indeed hearsay. If Ireland goes on the record himself, it is not hearsay.
You're right. I stand corrected. Bryant's account is not hearsay. However, Dez Bryant's account does not contradict the other account and, in fact, offers no explanation to the context of the conversation. Therefore, any assumption we may make about the conversation and the context in which the statements were made are equally as unsubstantiated as the anonymous source's account as told by the reporter. I would even say that hearsay is slightly more credible than some conjured conversation.

Unnamed sources who were not in the room

I didn't get that from the story. Is that the case? My impression was that there were others in the room and this account came for one of them.

Bryant's account is not hearsay. However, Dez Bryant's account does not contradict the other account...

Contradiction-
Bryant called the "context" information provided on an off-the-record basis by the Dolphins "a lie."​

Bryant on Ireland's saying that he had called his father a pimp-
[FONT=georgia, sans-serif]"I did not say that... this guy is lying."[/FONT]

Contradiction-
Bryant called the "context" information provided on an off-the-record basis by the Dolphins "a lie."​

Bryant on Ireland's saying that he had called his father a pimp-
[FONT=georgia, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Link? I don't understand why he would tell this reporter one thing then refuse to restate or even confirm it in person.

Today, when he was directly asked to offer a context in which the question was asked, he refused. He expressed a desire to move on and also expressed that it doesn't bother him anymore.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5151918

Link? I don't understand why he would tell this reporter one thing then refuse to restate or even confirm it in person.

Today, when he was directly asked to offer a context in which the question was asked, he refused. He expressed a desire to move on and also expressed that it doesn't bother him anymore.

Link twitter. com/RealMikeSilver/status/13141051194 (cant post links yet so remove space between "." and "com")

I would imagine Dez refused because he is sick of every news station in America talking about his mother like she was a whore.

Why doesn't the Dolphin front office just release what took place during the interview?

Why doesn't the Dolphin front office just release what took place during the interview?

Why doesn't Dez Bryant tell us the context of how and why the question was asked? Why do you think Stephen Ross has decided not to take any action against Ireland if his side of the story wasn't the truth or wasn't verified? You see how much heat the organization has been getting over this. If Ireland had done something egregious, Ross would have reprimanded Ireland and would have told the public about it. Instead, he basically came out and backed Ireland, in a round about way, saying that he looked into it and decided not to take any discipinary action against Ireland. He said the case was closed.

Maybe the front office doesn't want to embarrass Bryant any further. If they release a tape that verifies what they are saying, than it shows that Dez is a liar on top of the embarrassing details of his childhood upbringing.

Back
Top Bottom