The real villain responsible for the debacle in Miami is the National Football League | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The real villain responsible for the debacle in Miami is the National Football League

A reminder guys. Attack the post all you want however attacking the poster is not permitted.

Carry on.

Thanks for that ...I agree...No harm in questioning the almighty NFL and I feel that at the root of all Miami fans angist is a League that allows dominance while doing nothing to correct it. IMO I would have no issues with the divisions realigning yearly. Lets see Pitt,NE,Den & the Colts go at it so they earn those crowns. I would not feel cheated even a little bit about a division Championship over the Texans,Jags or the Browns if it means even one game in the playoffs. The poster is not far off...the frustration you feel every season is a function of the NFL at large and they do NOTHING to fix the lack of competition or boring predictable outcomes. I see many responses to this thread that I would understand if we were on top...but as bottom dwellers how do you embrace that? Ill never get use to losing...

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day I believe the playoffs should be seeded by overall conference record instead of by division winners.

For instance a 7-9 team should never make the postseason.

Oh and NFL rivalries aren't what they used to be.

Good teams make new rivals all the time while old rivalries get stale over time.

was it in the post I quoted? is that why you edited my post?

yes

The alignment is screwy not doubt but i do miss having the Colts in our division.
Our all time record against them is 47-26 although we did missed the Peyton years that would have most likely been loses.

Prior to the 2002 season the league realigned divisions after expanding to 32 teams due to the creation of the Houston Texans.

Joining the expansion team in the newly crowned AFC South were the Indianapolis Colts, who belonged to the AFC East, along with the Tennessee Titans and Jacksonville Jaguars, who were members of the AFC Central.

Needless to say this was an unfair alignment from the very beginning, but unfortunately for the Dolphins it would also become a travesty on so many levels.

First off, which city is furthest South, Miami or Jacksonville?

Secondly, which region of the country is Indianapolis located?

Lastly, why is it that mostly all the other divisions make sense geographically? The only exception being the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East.

Simply put this was the screw job of the century that doomed this former great franchise for decades to come.

Of course we all know how this story ends after being stuck in the Patriots division for so long.

And to think, it all could have been avoided.

Concur 432%.

I'm pretty sure Miami wanted to stay with their rivals. Miami is still east.

If you were changing it to pure geography, you would likely have Baltimore in the east to go with NE, NYJ, and Buf.

Indy would go to the north with Cleveland, Cincy, and Pitt.

Miami would go to south with Houston, Jax and Tenn.

The problem with all that is that quality of teams goes in cycles over the long term (except for a few, e.g., hapless Miami). Someone else could get strong. Let's say Miami went to the south and then Jax and/or Tenn got strong while the eastern teams go in a tailspin.

Playing in a tough division toughens you up to compete with anybody if you have success.

I'm sure the accountants would prefer Miami to realign with natural geographic confines. Looking at colleges, both the SEC and MAC enjoy bitter rivalries' and packed stadiums. The owner pockets runneth over with cash from tickets, concessions, parking fees, etc.

The Pats, Bills, and the Jet enjoy playing in front of packed stadiums and collect revenue like crazy.

The Dolphins can't sell out their stadium period. Much like the ACC when they added FSU, having a team so far away from center of the conference just doesn't help pack stadiums and build natural rivalries.

We'd be bad in the AFC South, too.

We just wouldn't be as bad.

Which team is farthest east in the country?:rolleyes2:
sssss.jpg

That would not have made us draft better nor would we have hired better FO's. It would have been the same routine, just a different division.

I've said it before on here, I wish we were in the AFC South . We are the most southern located team after all. plus we'd win more . don't you folks wanna see more wins for Miami? jfc

Back
Top Bottom