The Reason The Next Week Is A Milestone For Ryan Tannehill | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Reason The Next Week Is A Milestone For Ryan Tannehill

We don’t need the best player. We need consistent production and points. Especially when some of the things around said QB start to crumble.

We got consistent production and points whenever the OL was anywhere near average. I'd love to see what happens when we have an OL that produces like a OL that played in front of Prescott, Carr, Wentz, Mariota, Matt Ryan, Goff, Bortles, Keenum, Roethlisberger, among others in recent years.

Last edited:
There’s always next year. For the Fins aaaaaaaand RT.

I think you can tell who is worth debating with and who is not worth debating with by just looking at how they respond to actual arguments made in good faith with supporting facts and opinions.

For instance, when you firmly rebut someone's post and their response is to latch on to a throwaway observation you made and say "Bingo!! you agree with me!" you can pretty much determine that they are either unwilling or unable to engage in a DEBATE. That is, a back and forth discussion between multiple parties in which each side attempts to persuade the other -- and the audience -- that their point of view holds the most merit.

Those who are unwilling to engage in a debate after making incendiary comments are trolls. Those who are unable to engage are ignorant.

I choose, as always, to let the moderation team make that determination.

Arm talent includes 'arm strength' and:

1. Ability to throw with the appropriate velocity for a situation
2. Ability to throw with the appropriate trajectory for a situation
3. Ability to throw from a variety of platforms, including:
a. Off their back foot
b. Off balance
c. On the move to the right
d. On the move to the left
e. Without fully stepping into the throw
4. Ability to throw with a variety of throwing motions
a. Natural
b. Side arm
c. Big wide up
d. Small wind up
5. Accuracy
6. Quick release

Josh Allen has the strongest arm of the top QBs drafted. He does not have the best arm talent.

To use a baseball analogy, the best pitcher is not always the hardest thrower. What good is throwing 105 mph fastball if you cannot hit the strike zone or alter speeds, location, ball movement, etc?

I was going in the same direction as you. Greg Maddox and Tom Glavine were great HOF pitchers that probably couldnt break a pane of glass with their hardest pitch. MLB is littered with pitchers that could throw consistently in upper 90s but couldnt spot pitches. The Red Sox had a kid that eventually ended up in San Diego that threw in upper 90s consistantly after converting from shortstop - Frankie Rodriguez - terrible pitcher in mlb. Tried him as a starter, then closer and eventually out of baseball...

Back
Top Bottom