The Reason The Next Week Is A Milestone For Ryan Tannehill | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Reason The Next Week Is A Milestone For Ryan Tannehill

Actually, there really aren't. Referencing a poll conducted a few months ago where really nothing else has changed, about one in 12 really dislike Tannehill.

The problem is that those who feel this way tend to be OCD regarding their sentiments. You know, that old adage about the empty drum making the most noise? These hollow drummers may be few in number but they're obsessive and loud in their posting style. I know, it is kind of misleading, but don't be misled by the whining of the relative few.

Either way, as the saying goes: "tough ****!" Tannehill will be our starter and they will either root for him or else reveal their true colors as faux fans.
We are just realists. You can still be a fan and think we need to upgrade Kiko Alonso. It’s no different at QB. It doesn’t mean we don’t cheer for Kiko or the team.

Tannehill = 2018 Comeback Player of the year and AFC Pro Bowl quarterback. The Comeback award could go to Andrew Luck, but his status and shoulder are still in question. The Pro Bowl has a few astricks. The three veteran qb's that are clearly ahead of Tannehill (Brady, RIvers and Rothlisberger) are at an age that they avoid playing in the Pro Bowl if selected. The rest of the AFC qb's are young or not clearly superior to Tannehill. BIlls, Jets, Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Jags, Titans, Colts, Texans, Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs don't have a quarterback that Tannehill can't equal or out perform in 2018.

If he picks up where he left off, we should be golden.

We are just realists. You can still be a fan and think we need to upgrade Kiko Alonso. It’s no different at QB. It doesn’t mean we don’t cheer for Kiko or the team.

LOL. Realists.....LOL.... Everyone would agree that Brady is better than Tannehill. Fine, make it happen. While you're at it, get the rest of the Patriots, the coaching staff and all their facilities. Because, the only way to be sure that the results would be the same is to replicate the whole organization. Otherwise, you (the realist) are massively speculating.

Everyone would love to have the best player at QB, but:

1. At what cost?
2. You can't be sure they would be an upgrade.

Those are the two points you leave out of your discussions.

I think your weak in some areas also,
Mainly posting something credible.
Not just useless diatribe.

If you dont like what I post then go somewhere else. You're starting to sound like a whiney forum baby.

If you dont like what I post then go somewhere else. You're starting to sound like a whiney forum baby.

So I guess the answer is yes, there IS somewhere else off topic you'd like to steer the thread.

Tell you what: You and a few others can start your own "I don't like Tannehill as the QB" thread. And I'll stay out of it. Promise.

Why do you think Tenn, TB, SD, Miami (after restructuring Tannehill), Oakland, Balt, NE, GB, Seattle, Indy, Pitt, Cincy, KC, Dal, Chicago, Detroit, LA, Philly, NO, etc. weren't options for Cousins? Why was the discussion restricted to Minn, Cleveland, Denver, Buffalo, Arizona, NYJ, Jax, and maybe one or two others?

I can't recall a more ignorant couple of sentences that those two.

Do people actually just makes things up or are some just purposely delusional. I have to agree that those couple of sentences could be the silliest thing I've read in a long time......and that is saying something!!

I am not trying to get anyone riled up and i am just gonna sit back and read other people's "great points". I will post when the season starts . whatever. The last thing i want to do is rile everyone up. Have a great day everyone

I am not trying to get anyone riled up and i am just gonna sit back and read other people's "great points". I will post when the season starts . whatever. The last thing i want to do is rile everyone up. Have a great day everyone

I suggest you not post nonsense when the season starts. You posted this:

The O line has no respect for the guy . He constantly gets hurt during crucial moments in games .

Members of the OL were consoling him when he got hurt.

List the times Tannehill got hurt during crucial moments in games. It was "constantly" so that should be easy.

I suggest you not post nonsense when the season starts. You posted this:

Members of the OL were consoling him when he got hurt.

List the times Tannehill got hurt during crucial moments in games. It was "constantly" so that should be easy.

That "Coming Home" Tannehilll vid was better since i got sent to youtube. Made a fin fan feel pumped for the season.

LOL. Realists.....LOL.... Everyone would agree that Brady is better than Tannehill. Fine, make it happen. While you're at it, get the rest of the Patriots, the coaching staff and all their facilities. Because, the only way to be sure that the results would be the same is to replicate the whole organization. Otherwise, you (the realist) are massively speculating.

Everyone would love to have the best player at QB, but:

1. At what cost?
2. You can't be sure they would be an upgrade.

Those are the two points you leave out of your discussions.
Not saying get Brady. Merely saying changing who the QB is can change wins and losses. No different than a baseball team trading for a starting pitcher to plug in every five days or a basketball team drafting a starting point guard.

We don’t need the best player. We need consistent production and points. Especially when some of the things around said QB start to crumble.

Again 2018 is RT year again. I have no issue with it. I hope he does well and in fact so well that we tear up his contract and give him a bigger one. I hope he gets us a top ten scoring offense and has 2-3 fourth quarter drives to win games. I hope he stays healthy and wins 10-11 games and we go to the playoffs. And host a game.

None of this changes my firm belief that we would have won more games with even a moderate upgrade by way of someone different in his 77 career starts. He’s a question mark entering 2018.

And I disagree you need to exactly replicate coaches, facilities and team situations. If so then no free agent would ever be signed in the history of sports.

Some players are just good because they are good. Because of their talent and ability. Does Chris Paul need his coaches and facilities and playbook from a previous spot to succeed in the next? No he’s just good and makes it happen. Exact stats of course would not be. But success, or failure, can translate.

Last edited:
Merely saying changing who the QB is can change wins and losses.
Nobody is really disagreeing with that. The problem is that throughout the years we’ve had posters (not saying it was you) that claimed Matt Moore, Robert Griffin III, Derek Carr, Brock Osweiler, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, Brett Hundley (yes!), Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Jameis Winston, Johnny Manziel, AJ McArron and I don’t even remember all the other names, would be upgrades to Ryan Tannehill. And that’s just not true.

I don’t even believe Russel Wilson or Andrew Luck would be upgrades either, for totally different reasons though. And now let’s get another round going :)

Back
Top Bottom