The reason why Saban went back to college | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason why Saban went back to college

It is what it is all of his garbage from his era is gone so now it's over.

And here I thought it was because he knew he couldn't cut it in the most rarefied air in football both on the field and as a defacto pro-level talent evaluator GM. And that while he could bully Davie office personnel, driving some of the females to tears, that shizzle wouldn't fly with grown men of independent means. (at least not those named "Manny Wright.") Go know :idk:

2udz49h-1.jpg

Saban is driven by money. He is a great coach, but his value system is a cess pool IMHO.

Um because he found out he couldn't get away with bullying grown men -. In truth - his wife is wearing the pants in that family and me thinks she shut down the NFL dream

We would all take these goodies if someone offered them to us.

My opinion of Lil Nicky is that Nick left because he effed up the Brees/Culpepper decision and knew he would never dig himself out of that hole. He left Miami with his tail between his legs. I think he quickly learned that recruiting talent is a lot easier than drafting talent. Also who the hell would rather live in Tuscaloosa than Miami? I'll tell you who...a couple of rubes that consider chili dogs and lil debbie cakes fine cuisine. His daughter's behavior screams white trash yokels from West Virginia. Like others have said earlier Saban cannot function without the intimidation factor. He can yell and threaten 18 year old kids but it takes a different type of leader to lead a group of men to success. This is why I rate guys like Jimmy and Pete Carroll much higher than Saban. Lastly he and his agent Jimmy Sexton are true snakes in the grass trying to squeeze out every nickel from whatever organization Nick currently works for.

Having said all that there is no doubt that he is one hell of a college football coach. Might be the best I've ever seen

Um because he found out he couldn't get away with bullying grown men -. In truth - his wife is wearing the pants in that family and me thinks she shut down the NFL dream

Completely agreed.

Both Nick & Terry are from the same small town in WV and could not deal w/ life in Miami... They were at best medium sized fish in a big pond.

Even with a $3 million dollar home, he's still living in the ****hole that is Alabama.

No its because he couldn't coach in the NFL! He sucks ! And if he was a good coach in NFL he probably could make more than whats in the story!

I sill stand behind something went on between our former owner and Saban. He had one winning season and one losing season that's hardly in over his head.
In the end he will go down as one of the greatest college coaches of all time and I doubt he will have any regrets on going back to college. Its hard at either level to coach. The best NFl coach might not be a very good college coach and visa versa. I wish it had worked out here and hopefully soon we will find a coach that will lead us to the promised land.

The 2006 team was a fairly competitive 6-10 team they were not getting constantly blown out and lost 4 really close games. The big issue I think that hurt him that season was letting daunte Culpepper rush back. Everyone knew that he was going to miss some games and that's why we signed Joey Harrington. we should have started off the season with Joey Harrington and ease Culpepper back in. Starting off 1-6 was a disaster. if we had gotten Brees who knows how it might have been different. Two qb's coming off injury and we chose the wrong damn one. Our 2006 draft was garbage also and that didn't help. Another mistake that Saban made was hampering his OC by basically making him run the same exact offense as his departing OC Scott Linhan. Mularkey has been a good oc at various times so let him run his own damn offense. He definitely made some mistakes here but was far from over his head.

Back
Top Bottom