The reason why Saban went back to college | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason why Saban went back to college

Hey, there is nothing wrong with this. This is what goes on in college football.

It's not like he's arranging to fix games with Georgia or anything...

Well I guess most every successful college coach is a scumbag.

If they receive million dollar gifts from booster while running the equivalent of a sweatshop, then they certainly are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they receive million dollar gifts from booster while running the equivalent of a sweatshop, then they certainly are

I go back and forth on this.... on one hand it seems unfair that the schools profit so much while the players get nothing...

On the other hand, college is ultimatley about getting an education and football should be treated like the extra curricular activity it is... besides a lot of players are on scholarships... college isnt cheap you know.. thats a pretty big incentive in itself...Im still paying my student loans almost 15 years later.

Boosters are paying for Lil Nicky's $3.1 million home...

http://deadspin.com/alabama-boosters-are-paying-for-nick-sabans-house-1651260528

Meanwhile, college players can't make a dime off their own likeness. What a scumbag.

2bddc03902d1e353345eaf1496acae5b-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I go back and forth on this.... on one hand it seems unfair that the schools profit so much while the players get nothing...

On the other hand, college is ultimatley about getting an education and football should be treated like the extra curricular activity it is... besides a lot of players are on scholarships... college isnt cheap you know.. thats a pretty big incentive in itself...Im still paying my student loans almost 15 years later.

I've gone back and forth on it myself, and I agree an education is invaluable and a form of "payment" that the students receive, but when there is such an egregious gap in payment between the labor and the administration, it verges on exploitation, especially when you consider the longterm health consequences for the players.

It is absurd to me that the NCAA essentially tramples upon the personal freedom of the players to profit off their own image and likeness - while the NCAA, schools and coaches pocket millions from the star power of their players. I can't think of anywhere else where an adult is incapable of capitalizing off their own image and likeness.

Going to college for free is not the equivalent of running a sweat shop. Whats the difference if he gets money from boosters. I mean if he makes a million dollars or big money period while his athletes make only college tuition wouldn't it still be same scenario. Personally I don't think college athletes should get paid .

The eight year butt hurt....Jeeze...

Going to college for free is not the equivalent of running a sweat shop. Whats the difference if he gets money from boosters. I mean if he makes a million dollars or big money period while his athletes make only college tuition wouldn't it still be same scenario. Personally I don't think college athletes should get paid .

He should pay for his own damn house out of his own damn pocket.

And I've never advocated for the schools paying te players directly, but the players should absolutely be given the opportunity to profit from their own image and likeness without repercussions, whether it be signing autographs or receiving a cut of jersey sales. That is a free market principle. The players have an asset, their fame, in which they can profit from in a variety of completely legal ways and they should be given the ability to do so.

You also have to look at how much money the football program makes because of Saban,a lot of that money goes back into
the academic part.There are a lot of scholarships and buildings being built because of football money.

And I've never advocated for the schools paying te players directly, but the players should absolutely be given the opportunity to profit from their own image and likeness without repercussions, whether it be signing autographs or receiving a cut of jersey sales. That is a free market principle. The players have an asset, their fame, in which they can profit from in a variety of completely legal ways and they should be given the ability to do so.

The part you don't get is...he didn't ask for it to be paid...His employer thought he did his job so freaking good ,they gave him a bonus.....how does that make him a scumbag?

Hey... I read Al Golden got a tent and a porta potty for the job he has done....another scumbag.

In reality the boosters paying for his house has no ill effect on anyone. I have a solution. The NFL should allow anyone 18 and over to enter the draft.

Back
Top Bottom