The reason why Saban went back to college | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason why Saban went back to college

Dennis Miller once quipped Alabama is Darwin's waiting room. Moving on...

Guess that's why Huntsville, Alabama has a higher per capita PhD population than anywhere in the rest of the United states.

Moving on...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

So much for college football being "amateur" athletics....it is all about money and greed, and how to put one over that these college athletes supposedly still attend class. When college coaches make ten times what their college president makes, something is out of whack.

Cool, you can quote articles. I'm telling you right now that there are places in Alabama that are smarter than anywhere else in the country.

But you go ahead and make fun of an entire populace because you can't appropriately control your dislike of a college football coach.

Guess that's why Huntsville, Alabama has a higher per capita PhD population than anywhere in the rest of the United states.

Moving on...

You have to realize those who stereotype other groups of people based on their own perceived bias are exhibiting the exact flaws they stereotype a particular group to be. These people would rather remain ignorant because it helps 'em feel better. I say just let 'em be.

Furthermore, this is something boosters chose to do with their money. It's not like in the NFL where billionaire owners hold municipalities hostage to pay for the construction to build new stadiums.

Any NFL fans, employees, or executives pointing fingers at anything that goes on in college athletics is equivalent to Bernie Madoff pointing fingers at Kwame Kilpatrick.

Moving on...

Well that has to do with the NASA propulsion laboratories and the University of Alabama at Huntsville branch campus. I think the argument here is that the education system for native people within Alabama is lacking compared to other US states, which cannot be argued, that part of the county has always been lower verses the standard, it is what it is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/04/wallethub-education-rankings_n_5648067.html

48th, 49th and 50th are Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi respectively.

Saban is an al time great coach and would have succeeded in the NFL had he spent more time in the league but how is it legal for boosters to pay for his house?

How would it not be legal? A coach's compensation package is determined by the University ,and a University foundation of booster money is allowed to be a source of compensation for coaches, and administered by a Board of Directors. A lot of people are obviously not well versed on college athletics, they just like to pipe up and criticize at every opportunity even though they have no knowledge or interest.

This isn't new or uncommon throughout college athletics. It's not even news. It's only news because it's Saban and ESPN knows anything with Saban's name in it will get traffic. People like the OP know they can then bring that to Finheaven and get the fanbase riled up about Saban again.

The part you don't get is...he didn't ask for it to be paid...His employer thought he did his job so freaking good ,they gave him a bonus.....how does that make him a scumbag?

I think taking that much money does not make him a scumbag, being asked if he is going back to college, then flat out lying like that, with his, there is no way he is leaving Miami, that makes him a scumbag...as well as having little to no balls.

Wow, let us not start attacking Alabama, I have been to Alabama, great bunch of people down there. Amazingly enough In Boston where there are so many so called great universities, and I found far more intelligent conversation in Alabama, then I did in Boston, so...

Saban acted like a douche the way he left Miami, but the guy is still a great College coach, even though he might have the integrity of his buddy Belichick, and might not be able to hack it in the NFL, but he can coach College.

How would it not be legal? A coach's compensation package is determined by the University ,and a University foundation of booster money is allowed to be a source of compensation for coaches, and administered by a Board of Directors. A lot of people are obviously not well versed on college athletics, they just like to pipe up and criticize at every opportunity even though they have no knowledge or interest.

This isn't new or uncommon throughout college athletics. It's not even news. It's only news because it's Saban and ESPN knows anything with Saban's name in it will get traffic. People like the OP know they can then bring that to Finheaven and get the fanbase riled up about Saban again.

Exactly a coach is an employee not a player. Up to the college how and who they want to pay for things, it isn't any different than a Dean of the College.

I think taking that much money does not make him a scumbag, being asked if he is going back to college, then flat out lying like that, with his, there is no way he is leaving Miami, that makes him a scumbag...as well as having little to no balls.

Well everyone seemed quite happy when we hired our own scumbag named Bill Parcells. Our own owner flat out lied that he tried to hire Jim Harbaugh. As for balls not sure how you can judge that.

Back
Top Bottom