The Rivalry is Back. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rivalry is Back.

I'm not about to anoint the Dolphins as the team to beat in the AFC. But, that's a big win against what I believe is the best team in the conference.

Looking at the stats, you would definitely think Buffalo won. Allen had 42 completions for 400 yards. But it came down to three plays. The 45-yard throw to Waddle on third and forever, the goal-line stand, and the forced fumble early that Miami turned into points.

The Dolphins running game is a work in progress. I love the win, but really wanted to see the team run out the clock late from the goal-line. Giving Buffalo and Allen another chance wasn't good for my heart rate!

How big was it for Miami? Every team in the AFC East lost as did KC. Again, Miami is a work in progress. I still think Buffalo is the team to beat, but nice to finally get a win against the Bills.

Classy response, by the way.

Bills we’re in scoring position FOUR times where they came away with 0 points.

- Field goal / spike issue before half
- Goal line stand
- Missed field goal in 3rd
- 0’s on clock in field goal range at end of game

that’s the story of the game

Looking at the stats, you would definitely think Buffalo won. Allen had 42 completions for 400 yards.
Honestly outside of the first quarter, his passing stats weren't amazing. 63 passes for 400 yards isn't amazing. I put that on our secondary. They had a lot to handle and they did their job

First I want to start by saying hell of a game. Wish we could have pulled it out at the end there but wasn’t in the stars I guess.

Couple thoughts on the game.

1. Missed opportunities - both teams had them. From the fins perspective a lot of missed opportunities ending drives with Picks to include what was likely a pick 6. Bill had Gabe Davis drop some key balls to include a TD and then Milano missed opportunity with the pick 6.

2. Weather - I knew thought the weather would affect the Fins as much as it did as well. But I think that was Bills game plan because this offense was different. But will get more into that below.

3. Game plan. It was clear the Bills wanted to control the clock. Keep the battered defense off the field against Tua, Waddle and Hill it was clear that was what the Bills wanted to do. I personally didn’t like it, to me it is something that McD does makes an offense change to the weather. Did it in NE and that pissed Daboll off. I wonder if that has to do with Dorsey melting down in the box too. Will be something for me to watch going forward.

4. Rivalry is back and I am here for it.

5. I have to give props to your defense. For how long they were on the field against the Bills offense. They made just enough plays that they needed too. Respect that Defense.

6. Tua - played very well given the limited opportunities. Continue growing in this offense. Your name should be mentioned with the top young QBs in the AFC. Needs to continue to prove it to really shut the doubters up but I was impressed today (TBH I have always thought you can win with Tua my question has been can you win championships). But beating the AFC betting favorites for the SH starts to answer that question.

7. Was pretty happy with the CB play. One mental mistake by Johnson letting Waddle get behind him.

8. I expected a high scoring game. Instead I got a low scoring game. But the missed opportunities on both sides, and the grinding game the Bills played helped cause that.

All and all good game. Look forward to the rest of the season. Feel free to talk that crap I will be here for a bit until I move on until later in the week.

Hope everyone is fine on both teams once they get some fluids into them. And Jesus we need to get healthy quick with Baltimore and Chiefs.
Your team is the one we strive to beat, that's a compliment. I love the rivalry, so tired of the Pats winning for the last decade. I have the feeling we'll be going at it for a long time and building our teams to beat one another. Let's enjoy the ride.

Your team is the one we strive to beat, that's a compliment. I love the rivalry, so tired of the Pats winning for the last decade. I have the feeling we'll be going at it for a long time and building our teams to beat one another. Let's enjoy the ride.
Will do. As long as in the playoffs it ends like the Kelly and Marino days did. LMAO 🤣

Otherwise I may have a heart attack.

Will do. As long as in the playoffs it ends like the Kelly and Marino days did. LMAO 🤣

Otherwise I may have a heart attack.
0-4 will never change for you guys, so stop with the Kelly over Marino digs. We beat you in the WC when you had Flutie, so we don't need to hear it.

3. Game plan. It was clear the Bills wanted to control the clock. Keep the battered defense off the field against Tua, Waddle and Hill it was clear that was what the Bills wanted to do. I personally didn’t like it, to me it is something that McD does makes an offense change to the weather. Did it in NE and that pissed Daboll off. I wonder if that has to do with Dorsey melting down in the box too. Will be something for me to watch going forward.
Maybe, or maybe the Dolphin's defense prevented everything deep and allowed short passes underneath.

Back
Top Bottom