The Rivalry is Back. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rivalry is Back.

First I want to start by saying hell of a game. Wish we could have pulled it out at the end there but wasn’t in the stars I guess.

Couple thoughts on the game.

1. Missed opportunities - both teams had them. From the fins perspective a lot of missed opportunities ending drives with Picks to include what was likely a pick 6. Bill had Gabe Davis drop some key balls to include a TD and then Milano missed opportunity with the pick 6.

2. Weather - I knew thought the weather would affect the Fins as much as it did as well. But I think that was Bills game plan because this offense was different. But will get more into that below.

3. Game plan. It was clear the Bills wanted to control the clock. Keep the battered defense off the field against Tua, Waddle and Hill it was clear that was what the Bills wanted to do. I personally didn’t like it, to me it is something that McD does makes an offense change to the weather. Did it in NE and that pissed Daboll off. I wonder if that has to do with Dorsey melting down in the box too. Will be something for me to watch going forward.

4. Rivalry is back and I am here for it.

5. I have to give props to your defense. For how long they were on the field against the Bills offense. They made just enough plays that they needed too. Respect that Defense.

6. Tua - played very well given the limited opportunities. Continue growing in this offense. Your name should be mentioned with the top young QBs in the AFC. Needs to continue to prove it to really shut the doubters up but I was impressed today (TBH I have always thought you can win with Tua my question has been can you win championships). But beating the AFC betting favorites for the SH starts to answer that question.

7. Was pretty happy with the CB play. One mental mistake by Johnson letting Waddle get behind him.

8. I expected a high scoring game. Instead I got a low scoring game. But the missed opportunities on both sides, and the grinding game the Bills played helped cause that.

All and all good game. Look forward to the rest of the season. Feel free to talk that crap I will be here for a bit until I move on until later in the week.

Hope everyone is fine on both teams once they get some fluids into them. And Jesus we need to get healthy quick with Baltimore and Chiefs.
Blown coverage. Never happens. 🙄

While I appreciate your humility, I still won't be satisfied based on your pregame arrogance... BUT, I will agree with you that the rivalry had some life to it again, and Josh Allen is definitely the standard to beat at QB in the NFL.

We’ll agree I am all good with losing in regular season at times and winning in the playoffs like during the Marino Kelly Rivalry years.

I would think any fan would be that way.
Just have to poke, don't you. Dan and Jim both never won a SB. Who cares. Marino will always be remembered as the better QB. That will never be disputed

Maybe, or maybe the Dolphin's defense prevented everything deep and allowed short passes underneath.
That could be too. But there is History with McD forcing a specific gameplan on Offense for weather. It is pretty well known.

I hope Dorsey was just frustrated with his first loss at OC and the missed opportunities they had. And it isn’t the case of being forced into an offensive game plan he didn’t want like Daboll

First I want to start by saying hell of a game. Wish we could have pulled it out at the end there but wasn’t in the stars I guess.

Couple thoughts on the game.

1. Missed opportunities - both teams had them. From the fins perspective a lot of missed opportunities ending drives with Picks to include what was likely a pick 6. Bill had Gabe Davis drop some key balls to include a TD and then Milano missed opportunity with the pick 6.

2. Weather - I knew thought the weather would affect the Fins as much as it did as well. But I think that was Bills game plan because this offense was different. But will get more into that below.

3. Game plan. It was clear the Bills wanted to control the clock. Keep the battered defense off the field against Tua, Waddle and Hill it was clear that was what the Bills wanted to do. I personally didn’t like it, to me it is something that McD does makes an offense change to the weather. Did it in NE and that pissed Daboll off. I wonder if that has to do with Dorsey melting down in the box too. Will be something for me to watch going forward.

4. Rivalry is back and I am here for it.

5. I have to give props to your defense. For how long they were on the field against the Bills offense. They made just enough plays that they needed too. Respect that Defense.

6. Tua - played very well given the limited opportunities. Continue growing in this offense. Your name should be mentioned with the top young QBs in the AFC. Needs to continue to prove it to really shut the doubters up but I was impressed today (TBH I have always thought you can win with Tua my question has been can you win championships). But beating the AFC betting favorites for the SH starts to answer that question.

7. Was pretty happy with the CB play. One mental mistake by Johnson letting Waddle get behind him.

8. I expected a high scoring game. Instead I got a low scoring game. But the missed opportunities on both sides, and the grinding game the Bills played helped cause that.

All and all good game. Look forward to the rest of the season. Feel free to talk that crap I will be here for a bit until I move on until later in the week.

Hope everyone is fine on both teams once they get some fluids into them. And Jesus we need to get healthy quick with Baltimore and Chiefs.
no trash talking from me. You guys have a very good team....we were at home on a short week for you guys and look how hard it was for us to win.....having said that, we have a different team with an offense that can score at any time and I'm happy about that. Very good chance we play each other 3 times this year.

Blown coverage. Never happens. 🙄

While I appreciate your humility, I still won't be satisfied based on your pregame arrogance... BUT, I will agree with you that the rivalry had some life to it again, and Josh Allen is definitely the standard to beat at QB in the NFL.
Not blown coverage. It was a mistake from the player. He was caught stepping forward and flat footed.

He was in the proper position. Made a misstep. And come second game that pregame arrogance will likely be back. I know I have a good football team I watch.

Sad Makeup GIF by Albert Heijn

Just have to poke, don't you. Dan and Jim both never won a SB. Who cares. Marino will always be better remembered as the better QB. That will never be disputed
Did I ever say he wasn’t. Marino was the better QB. Kelly was better on those wins.

No different here. I think you will agree Allen is a better QB but Tua won the game

great game.

Buffalo - Miami feels natural.

New England is back where they belong.

Were both of Mac Jones Int’s a thing of beauty today?

Edit: I didn’t know he added a third pick at the time of this post.

Last edited:
I'm not about to anoint the Dolphins as the team to beat in the AFC. But, that's a big win against what I believe is the best team in the conference.

Looking at the stats, you would definitely think Buffalo won. Allen had 42 completions for 400 yards. But it came down to three plays. The 45-yard throw to Waddle on third and forever, the goal-line stand, and the forced fumble early that Miami turned into points.

The Dolphins running game is a work in progress. I love the win, but really wanted to see the team run out the clock late from the goal-line. Giving Buffalo and Allen another chance wasn't good for my heart rate!

How big was it for Miami? Every team in the AFC East lost as did KC. Again, Miami is a work in progress. I still think Buffalo is the team to beat, but nice to finally get a win against the Bills.

Classy response, by the way.
Right before that play, I told my wife it was time for the "****-It" play. She asked what is that. I said "****-it and throw it deep."

Back
Top Bottom