The Ronnie Brown Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ronnie Brown Thread

DoctorFeelgood

The one that makes ya feel alright
Reaction score
Misc Dolphins News

Sorry if this is a dupe, I didn't see it posted.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-spmarvez22apr22,0,7672766.column

Points I thought were interesting were this:

The reason for Dolphins coach Cam Cameron's Thursday firing of running backs coach Bobby Williams remains unclear. But a source said Ronnie Brown didn't help Williams' cause by being overweight at last weekend's minicamp and fumbling during one of the sessions.

and this:

Wide receiver Chris Chambers was yanked from the first-team offense at one point during minicamp because Cameron was unhappy with his per-formance. That was an eye-opener for Chambers, who should be better utilized by Cameron. The Dolphins already are trying to find mismatches by calling plays with Chambers in the slot, which is something former offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey didn't do last season.

We have made many bad decisions before so why not add one more that we will need to cut. Also Mueller is just as familiar with Culpepper as Green and had something to do with us aquiring Daunte. Im pretty sure If Randy had not wanted Daunte he would have said something by now.

Nope, Nicky pulled the trigger on Daunte, more was not a full-fledged GM with this franchise until after Nick was gone (did you forget we gave Saban total control?).....and apparently Mueller's familiarity with Daunte has led him to trying to aquire Green. Regardless, Cameron and O'Shea still don't have any familiarity with him whatsoever.

Mueller's not going to come out and directly say "we don't want Daunte." Brotha, is you crazy? Mueller's a shrewd business man, that's just bad business to come out and say you don't want somebody, you kill your bargaining position. Look at Carl Peterson for the Chiefs. Green refused his pay cut, but Carl's still talking like Green could start for them if they wanted and that they don't have to trade him.

Thank you for taking the time out to explain the nuances of Green and the system he ran. When an FO goes out and tries to aquire a guy like Trent Green it speaks volumes of what they think of C-Pep, health or not. They're two vastly different QB's so apparently there is something concrete to the "system" element of the debate.

But I'm curious.......... The Chiefs' projected cap for 2007 is $104 million. With a cap of $109 million, how do you guys plan on signing your all rookies and giving LJ his extension while sustaining Green's $7.2 million salary? Actually his cap hit is $9.148 million.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/619001.html

The Chiefs are really not in any position. Again, this is where Mueller, at the worst, can afford to wait it out in my opinion. In the end, Peterson will have to cave in because it's inevitable he's going to be a Dolphin (by way of trade or release) and you better get something while you can - even if it's a 7th.
There are more factors at play here. Shields just retired so scratch that amount. I've followed Peterson since he's been in KC. If Green doesnt restructure in KC (he has been working out with the team), CP will release him at the last possible moment. What is getting lost in the debate is all the camp time Miami will have have w/o a QB. It will seriously cost you guys the season. Basically, this offense works like a machine. All parts have to work in unison as it is all timing. Its not plug and play. KC had the longest workouts in the NFL. Cam knows this and doesnt want to bomb in his first season. If Green shows up in June, it will a lost season. It seems crazy to drop a 3rd, but is an entire season worth it? Thats what this is coming down to.

I'm really not concerned w/ Ronnie . . . he proved last year that he shows up to Training Camp in phenomenal shape . . . I expect the same this season. If Cam feels like we need another guy at RB coach . . . then so be it . . . anyone who coached LT can make any decision for Ronnie to be more like LT lol.

I'm really not concerned w/ Ronnie . . . he proved last year that he shows up to Training Camp in phenomenal shape . . . I expect the same this season. If Cam feels like we need another guy at RB coach . . . then so be it . . . anyone who coached LT can make any decision for Ronnie to be more like LT lol.

Does anyone know how much Ronnie weighed?

Maybe that will sharpen CC's concentration a bit. Being paid as much as he is, he shouldn't miss anything that touches his fingers.

There are more factors at play here. Shields just retired so scratch that amount. I've followed Peterson since he's been in KC. If Green doesnt restructure in KC (he has been working out with the team), CP will release him at the last possible moment. What is getting lost in the debate is all the camp time Miami will have have w/o a QB. It will seriously cost you guys the season. Basically, this offense works like a machine. All parts have to work in unison as it is all timing. Its not plug and play. KC had the longest workouts in the NFL. Cam knows this and doesnt want to bomb in his first season. If Green shows up in June, it will a lost season. It seems crazy to drop a 3rd, but is an entire season worth it? Thats what this is coming down to.

My point is, you guys can't afford to release him at the last possible moment...... I mean who are we talking about here, Bill Belichek?

Will Shield's cap hit is only 2 million. You guys signed Boone, Edwards, Harris, and McIntosh adding in Gonzo's new contract. You have 6 draft picks with Carl Peterson's desire to aquire more. Not to mention LJ's inevitable extension demands. Green's 9.128 million cap charge is most definately not something an intelligent GM would hold onto.

Peterson wants his picks, but he's in no position to be demanding and outraegeous 2nd and 7th. He high-balled us, as expected, and we low-balled him as expected........... Green coming in at TC wouldn't be as bad as you're making it out to be, his prior experience will give him a foundation to make up time.

ronnie brown is really starting to aggrevate me,,the man plays professional football while NOT being in optimum condition,,,,many sources have said that he does'nt like the weight room and we all know he's got a soft body and carrying extra weight especially in the rear,,he needs to dedicate himself to his craft then maybe his fat arse would'nt get caught from behind all the time.

i have been one of ronnie's biggest supporters and truly believe he has the skill set unmatched by any other player in the league,but ive said on many ocassions he will only be great when he dedicates his body to his craft,,,which i guess he has'nt figured out,,,,,if this is true then he has lost a lot of repect in my eyes and deserves to fail..by the way he's not a kid anymore the guy is 26 years old,,,no excuses

Ronnie will be fine, it's April.

Moving Chris out of the first team was probably just to get him in the slot. If you read into it, it says they are looking for mismatches on Chambers.

ronnie brown is really starting to aggrevate me,,the man plays professional football while NOT being in optimum condition,,,,many sources have said that he does'nt like the weight room and we all know he's got a soft body and carrying extra weight especially in the rear,,he needs to dedicate himself to his craft then maybe his fat arse would'nt get caught from behind all the time.

i have been one of ronnie's biggest supporters and truly believe he has the skill set unmatched by any other player in the league,but ive said on many ocassions he will only be great when he dedicates his body to his craft,,,which i guess he has'nt figured out,,,,,if this is true then he has lost a lot of repect in my eyes and deserves to fail..by the way he's not a kid anymore the guy is 26 years old,,,no excuses

I agree...He doesnt look lean...He has a big butt and will slowly look like a fat pig on the field. He is already slower than he was in college.

I dont like the way this guy is handling his weight this early in his career

Wow really, I thought he was ripped when I saw him last year. Hell he gained weight, but like all muscle. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought last year when he came to training camp the guy was huge, like all muscle.

Why would Cam fire the running back coach because Ronnie was chubby and fumbled once? Is the running back coach resposible for feeding Ronnie and weighing him? I think the fact the guy came to the Dolphins from LSU with Saban but didn't leave with Saban would be more of a factor. I like the fact he got on Chambers. Chambers is making far too much money to be lollygagging in practice. If he's a slacker, wack him.

Don't take no crap Cam! You inherited a 6-10 team that hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years! Bada Bing!

Back
Top Bottom