The Ronnie Brown Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ronnie Brown Thread

i hate to say this but the outside world has a low opinion of ricky and ronnie and ronnie has not impressed anyone in the media . the reason i say this is on a talk show about a month ago they were talking about rbs morencey , benson and roonie and they all said benson ands morency both have impressed them more then ronnie. now if ronnie is in shape and he runs well this year and gets good numbers then his critics will back down . on the other hand if runnie gets less then 500 yards then he is no doubt a bust and for the money that we paide him he should be a pro bowler without question.

ronnie is a good person and i like him but i too have been somewhat concerned about him. if it were up to me i would get another runningback just as insurance plus it would help our guys practice better knowing they have alittle heat on theam and in my opinion all our guys need some pressure to play better.:cooldude:

i hate to say this but the outside world has a low opinion of ricky and ronnie and ronnie has not impressed anyone in the media . the reason i say this is on a talk show about a month ago they were talking about rbs morencey , benson and roonie and they all said benson ands morency both have impressed them more then ronnie. now if ronnie is in shape and he runs well this year and gets good numbers then his critics will back down . on the other hand if runnie gets less then 500 yards then he is no doubt a bust and for the money that we paide him he should be a pro bowler without question.

ronnie is a good person and i like him but i too have been somewhat concerned about him. if it were up to me i would get another runningback just as insurance plus it would help our guys practice better knowing they have alittle heat on theam and in my opinion all our guys need some pressure to play better.:cooldude:

If Benson impressed them more than Ronnie then 1) they haven't seen Ronnie run, 2) they don't know what they are talking about or 3) both.

Ronnie will have another great season to top off the last one.. I am thinking 1500+ 8-10 rushing TD?

Ronnie has had a little bad luck with some injuries ... like the broken hand where he missed 3 1/2 games in 2006 ... that could happen to anybody ... not a darn thing you can do about it. It's just an unlucky break. Clinton Portis with the Redskins broke his hand too and missed almost the whole season last year. T.O. had a broken finger. A lineman can wear a cast and still play but you can't do that with a running back because of the fumble risk. Plus, Ronnie is used as a receiver and all that.

Ronnie was also sharing carries with Ricky in 2005, and he hasn't had an OC who gives him enough carries in either year. He got 13-14 carries a game in 2005 and 17 carries a game in 2006 ... while LT and Larry Johnson are getting 23 or so carries a game. Larry Johnson often ran over 30 times a game. Those extra carries are what get him the big per season yardage totals.

Bottom line, you don't really get noticed much by the sports media until you become a Top 5 or Top 10 back in the NFL. They usually measure it by yards rushing per game and yards rushing per season instead of yards per carry. If Ronnie didn't have the broken hand and he got 23+ carries a game last year, @ 4.3 ypc he would probably have had 1,400 yards for the season. THAT is what the sports media looks at.

Once Ronnie gets enough carries and he gets lucky with injuries like LT and Larry Johnson did last year, he'll start racking up the big yards and the media will start to notice him more. One thing everyone overlooks is that backs like LT and Johnson have had very good O-lines. LT will tell you that they made a big difference the last few years. 2 or 3 of them went to the Pro Bowl last year. They just spent a bunch of money to keep one of them ... Kris Dielman. He could have gotten more money as an FA, but he apparently just wanted to block for LT and stay in San Diego. We need guys like Dielman. 2 or 3 elite O-linemen like the Chargers have. Aggressive, smart, disciplined kind of guys who don't make many mistakes.

ronnie brown is really starting to aggrevate me,,the man plays professional football while NOT being in optimum condition,,,,many sources have said that he does'nt like the weight room and we all know he's got a soft body and carrying extra weight especially in the rear,,he needs to dedicate himself to his craft then maybe his fat arse would'nt get caught from behind all the time.

i have been one of ronnie's biggest supporters and truly believe he has the skill set unmatched by any other player in the league,but ive said on many ocassions he will only be great when he dedicates his body to his craft,,,which i guess he has'nt figured out,,,,,if this is true then he has lost a lot of repect in my eyes and deserves to fail..by the way he's not a kid anymore the guy is 26 years old,,,no excuses
:crazy: You clearly need to learn more about him before posting. How anyone can complain about Ronnie Brown is beyond me. The guys a class act and runs as hard as just about any RB in the NFL. Sure he dances a little and misses some holes, but he will improve. For people to go off in rants like this is lunacy.

Wow really, I thought he was ripped when I saw him last year. Hell he gained weight, but like all muscle. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought last year when he came to training camp the guy was huge, like all muscle.

He was. I love when fans speculate about something they know nothing about. They hear a rumor somewhere and spin it to make their point. Most intelligent posters see thru that crap anyway.

the reason i say this is on a talk show about a month ago they were talking about rbs morencey , benson and roonie and they all said benson ands morency both have impressed them more then ronnie. now if ronnie is in shape and he runs well this year and gets good numbers then his critics will back down . on the other hand if runnie gets less then 500 yards then he is no doubt a bust and for the money that we paide him he should be a pro bowler without question.

First of all, what talk show did you hear this on? Secondly, Benson has hardly impressed anyone to this point and Morency....are you serious? Morency? He's barely on anyone's radar. Ronnie has gained 900+ and 1000+ in two seasons.....why would you even think he would all of a sudden get less than 500 (assuming he's healthy and gets the carries)? Im not sure I understand your post all that much.

First of all, what talk show did you hear this on? Secondly, Benson has hardly impressed anyone to this point and Morency....are you serious? Morency? He's barely on anyone's radar. Ronnie has gained 900+ and 1000+ in two seasons.....why would you even think he would all of a sudden get less than 500 (assuming he's healthy and gets the carries)? Im not sure I understand your post all that much.

people seem to forget we hardly ran the ball at all last season and he missed 3 or 4 games because he was injured and still had over 1k yards and had 4.2 YPC,

Ronnie said that himself, that he is not much for lifting weights! Imagine if he was. He'd be a Lb!

you mean hes 6% body fat 225 without lifting weights?, holy freaking crap.

finally a credible source,,,thanks ozz,my rant comes from the fact that I KNOW for a fact that ronnie could be in better shape if he wanted to and i also know for a fact that he does'nt spend a lot of time in the wieght room.lets hope the the man is doing something about getting better.

Well, I believe I herd Ronnie say that he was never into lifting, but he wont get away with NOT lifting in the NFL. I think he is more into conditioning which is a great thing for a Rb to do. Stamina for the 4th quarter ...

you mean hes 6% body fat 225 without lifting weights?, holy freaking crap.

I deleted that post because it sounded wrong but yes, he said he never was into lifting when he was in college.

I deleted that post because it sounded wrong but yes, he said he never was into lifting when he was in college.

well he came into training camp ripped last season, so i would imagine he lifted weights even though he doesn;t enjoy it.

I can't believe there are four pages to a thread busting on Ronnie Brown.

He is a young stud running back. He hasn't had the greatest offensive line over the past couple of years and that's it in a nutshell. One guys says he looked heavy and everyone jumps on the bandwagon? The guy is a rock and is anything but "soft." With Cam running the show I think he's in for a huge year. Hoping for Levi Brown in the first round for piece of the o-line puzzle and Ronnie will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom