The Ronnie Brown Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ronnie Brown Thread

But to the rest of the team, this is a new direction. KC sucked the first year of this offense. This is a unique situation. As soon a Carr signed, Miami became handcuffed. I really want Green to stay in KC so I'm probably in the majority on this board. Had there been three QB's worth a top 10, this would be a little less complicated. KC does have the leverage here, they actually have three QBs under contract. Rejecting a sixth round pick is worth knocking an AFC team out of contention.

BTW, I like the Dolphins.

Miami is not handcuffed in the Green situation because Green wants to come to Miami. It is probably his best chance to succeed again in the NFL.

What Green has done is handcuff the Chief's hands by agreeing to only restructure his contract with the Dolphins. The Chiefs will have to release him because Peterson has no chance to justify a $9.149 million cap charge to salvage a second day pick in 2008 if there is no agreement before the draft.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/619001.html

The other point of the offense being so hard to pick up the first year then the Dolphins shouldn't worry about when Green gets to camp and shouldn't give up any draft pick compensation. The first year is lost anyway.

Now that we have all the BS out of the way there is no reason to trade more than a sixth round pick before the draft and no compensation after the draft. We can afford to let Peterson fume on his salary cap because none of the QB options this year for the Dolphins are that great or worth more than a late second day pick. Unless of course the Dolphins luck out and do draft Quinn or draft a second round option.

I wouldnt mind at all.....None of them are gamechangers anyway. Chris cant seperate from defenders and Ronnie is overated

how do you know hes overated? I thought from time to time he could run harder,but we won't know about being overated till he has a good oline.

Off Topic abit, just curious:

Maybe they can run Ronnie at FB and Ricky at RB for some plays?

Off Topic abit, just curious:

Maybe they can run Ronnie at FB and Ricky at RB for some plays?

There are a few plays where we did that last year but with Chambers as the deep back and Ronnie as the upback. Of course we didn't hand off to Chambers, just to Ronnie for goaline situations and what not, but yes, that will happen this year. Ronnie and Ricky on the field at the same time is a SCARY thought.

its not about being content with his performance,,,its about how a man can improve his game and gets paid millions of dollars to do such,,,he is not,,he's soft, overweight and not doing anything about it....thats pathetic

Many people are upset that Ronnie can't walk on water because he got a 20 million dollar signing bonus. It's not his fault he got picked 2nd in a weak draft! When healthy and getting the reps Ronnie has been a very good running back. If you want to complain about Jason Allen that's understandable. Ronnie's a bargain compared to him. Even with a very suspect secondary,hHe can't even get on the field! How could you call Ronnie soft? Have you measured his bodyfat with a caliper or something? Have you tugged on his abdomen? Ronnie's a rock! The "soft" comment is pathetic.
clear.gif

ronnie brown is really starting to aggrevate me,,the man plays professional football while NOT being in optimum condition,,,,many sources have said that he does'nt like the weight room and we all know he's got a soft body and carrying extra weight especially in the rear,,he needs to dedicate himself to his craft then maybe his fat arse would'nt get caught from behind all the time.

i have been one of ronnie's biggest supporters and truly believe he has the skill set unmatched by any other player in the league,but ive said on many ocassions he will only be great when he dedicates his body to his craft,,,which i guess he has'nt figured out,,,,,if this is true then he has lost a lot of repect in my eyes and deserves to fail..by the way he's not a kid anymore the guy is 26 years old,,,no excuses

Well I dont know what they expected Ronnie to come in at, but he looked leaner than last season, and more light on his feet.

Well I dont know what they expected Ronnie to come in at, but he looked leaner than last season, and more light on his feet.
finally a credible source,,,thanks ozz,my rant comes from the fact that I KNOW for a fact that ronnie could be in better shape if he wanted to and i also know for a fact that he does'nt spend a lot of time in the wieght room.lets hope the the man is doing something about getting better.

This is ridiculous.

Ronnie has a sponsorship with eas, a fitness company (I doubt they are going to market someone who is not in shape). I doubt ronnie has a weight problem. I imagine it's quite possible he came in too bulked up, but he looks no different now then he did when he was at the NFL combine (around the time he was reported to have about 6% body fat). This is people making a big deal out of nothing.

Additionally, Ronnie has always had a large butt. I believe it is something that scouts look for in runningbacks and offfensive linemen. A "bubble butt" is viewed as a positive because it is viewed as an indicator of good balance and lower body strength.

I was about to say the same thing. I kind of doubt that EAS would be giving Ronnie a big endorsement contract along with workout warrior athletes like Larry Fitzgerald and Vernon Davis if he was out of shape a lot, flabby and overweight. He just did an EAS golf tournament or something a few weeks ago. I'm sure they expect Ronnie to show up in good shape.

Those EAS supplements probably expand muscle fibers a lot ... that's why they call it "pumped up". Ronnie might have put on about 5 lbs. of MUSCLE MASS. He might be about 238 or so. Who knows? If his speed and quickness is BETTER or the same, who cares? You want as much power as you can get while maintaining your speed and quickness.

If his speed and quickness go down, then he should lower his calorie intake a bit and get down to about 228 or so. I'm sure Ronnie could do it easily in a few weeks. It's all about adjusting your meal plan and your workout schedule a bit ... gotta cut down on the bad fats and bad carbs and all that. Zach actually lost a little too much weight last year and he had to add more calories to his meal plan.

Calvin Johnson is 6'5" and weighs 60 lbs. more than Ted Ginn (5'11" 180 lbs.) and he runs the 40 just as fast as Ted (4.35). Calvin has a very elite size to speed ratio. That's one big reason why he might go #1 in the draft. When Ronnie was drafted he sometimes ran 40s in the 4.3 - 4.4 range ... averaging out at around 4.4 - 4.43. At 232 lbs., that's a good size to speed ratio. Reggie Bush ran a 4.32 but he only weighs 200 lbs.

http://www.eas.com/teameas/ronniebrown/

Wow, seriously guys. Ronnie is fine and he is all about fitness. You wont be saying anything about him come training camp. Its april, im out of shape for football and am a little overweight. Ill work hard come june by hitting the weight room and running 4-5 times a week and i will be in great shape for the start of doubles in august.

Nope, Nicky pulled the trigger on Daunte, more was not a full-fledged GM with this franchise until after Nick was gone (did you forget we gave Saban total control?).....and apparently Mueller's familiarity with Daunte has led him to trying to aquire Green. Regardless, Cameron and O'Shea still don't have any familiarity with him whatsoever.

Mueller's not going to come out and directly say "we don't want Daunte." Brotha, is you crazy? Mueller's a shrewd business man, that's just bad business to come out and say you don't want somebody, you kill your bargaining position. Look at Carl Peterson for the Chiefs. Green refused his pay cut, but Carl's still talking like Green could start for them if they wanted and that they don't have to trade him.

So we paid Mueller for nothing last year from what you say, none of us on this board know how much Mueller had to do with the trade but I'm sure randy was not just twiddling his thumbs all year just because Saban had final say. Also once again there has been nothing substantial except for speculation that we are getting rid of Daunte if we aquire Green of which I hope we do it as a free agent so we don't get stuck with his salary also. If Green is in Miami I guarantee it wont be be beyond one season. of which I will be quite grateful. I was also not saying he should come out now and he he did not want Daunte but I'm sure he would have mentioned that he had nothing to do with the trade. Hopefully peterson messes this up for us because there are better options than paying Green good money taking his huge contract(even renegotiated he will not give away money we will just take a bigger cap hit later). I am so tired of taking all these major risks to have a starting Qb, lets draft a guy and use Cleo if necessary. I hate Cleo but why do we have him if he cannot play. if Daunte recovers then fine put the guys out there and the best man wins. Screw aquiring a 37 year old quarterbacks huge salary that has tons of questions of how good he will be.
Since Green has not played there is no way that anyone can say we know he will do well since he was sucking it up last time we saw him play. If he cant recover froma concussion in three months who knows if he can ever recover.
I'm pretty sure he had recoverd from the hit unless Herm Edwards is just an idiot along with the doctors from KC but hell our coach and doctors let Daunte do the same thing so who really knows.

finally a credible source,,,thanks ozz,my rant comes from the fact that I KNOW for a fact that ronnie could be in better shape if he wanted to and i also know for a fact that he does'nt spend a lot of time in the wieght room.lets hope the the man is doing something about getting better.

Your rant comes from nothing. No sources and twisting words such as 'target weight' and 'leaner' and 'light on his feet' into things they aren't. It's an overreaction and hatred based on misinformation. Fact the guy is an EAS spokes person. They aren't about to allow 'flabby' guys there. Fact Ronnie Brown's body fat is 6%

(source: http://www.easnederland.nl/pro_zone/ronniebrown.asp)

Every article last off season was also about Ronnie working out even harder.

And check the EAS site. He talks this month about the training he goes through the muscle mass increases he has been doing.

Wow really, I thought he was ripped when I saw him last year. Hell he gained weight, but like all muscle. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought last year when he came to training camp the guy was huge, like all muscle.

you are right he was , i dunno what all these guys here talkin about

Back
Top Bottom