The Segregation Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Segregation Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State

Rafiki

The Truth (I promise)
Reaction score
No BCS teams will be harmed in the making of this game.

At first I was pretty pissed. This is just a convenient way to deal with 2 BCS busters without risking embarrassment toward the BCS system as a whole.

But the more I think about it, TCU is pretty much BSU's closest thing to a rival. And TCU is undoubtedly a for-real team. Whoever wins this game will have a legitimate argument for starting next season ranked in the top 5.

My prediction is that TCU might win the turnover and the time of possession battle, but Boise State's big play capability will keep this game close and eventually win them the game.

TCU 24
BSU 31

You should never be pissed that your team can play that joke of a schedule and get such a prestigious bowl.

You should never be pissed that your team can play that joke of a schedule and get such a prestigious bowl.

:lol:

Maybe people should schedule BSU and keep them out. An undefeated season is an undefeated season, and the win against the PAC 10 champs doesn't hurt either. By January 4th BSU could have two victories against top 10 teams.

Anyway, I love the underdog role. The meltdown after the 2007 Fiesta Bowl on these boards was classic and I'll hopefully enjoy it again. Hate on, haters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe people should schedule BSU and keep them out. An undefeated season is an undefeated season, and the win against the PAC 10 champs doesn't hurt either. By January 4th BSU could have two victories against top 10 teams.

Anyway, I love the underdog role. The meltdown after the 2007 Fiesta Bowl on these boards was classic and I'll hopefully enjoy it again. Hate on, haters.

Ask the Hurricanes. I sincerely doubt they'll say no.

As for schedule strength, Boise's ranked 98th in the Sagarin rankings, Miami was 18th.

How many of the top 39 teams, according to the AP, did Boise play? 1.

How many did Miami play? 5

And the Sagarin rankings had the ACC as the 3rd toughest conference, the WAC as the 9th. Woo-hoo. Write home about going undefeated through that gauntlet.

Ask the Hurricanes. I sincerely doubt they'll say no.

As for schedule strength, Boise's ranked 98th in the Sagarin rankings, Miami was 18th.

How many of the top 39 teams, according to the AP, did Boise play? 1.

How many did Miami play? 5

And the Sagarin rankings had the ACC as the 3rd toughest conference, the WAC as the 9th. Woo-hoo. Write home about going undefeated through that gauntlet.

It's true that BSU plays in an inferior conference, they'd change if they could, but their domination of that conference over the last decade has been undeniable. They've gone undefeated in 4 of the last 6 seasons.

Before entering the FBS, they won the Division 1 National Championship (1980), and before that, they won the JUCO National Championship (1958). In 2007 they got their first BCS win, and they're ready to try for another and another until they get a shot at the national title. It's destiny, I tell you!

And they'll come to your house to play you. They know what is expected and they are trying to fulfill those expectations. People have a vested interest in NOT playing them.

Why do I always end up defending Boise states worthiness instead of actually talking about the game? It's becoming repetitive.

Coach Petersen will have the Broncos ready for TCU. Hopefully this year our kicker can kick the game winner.

LOL @ a Boise State fan trying to talk up the merits of its schedule.
And moving up conferences isn't going to happen; you'll never be in the superior Mountain West Conference as your school (which you, like most BSU fans, probably never attended) is a glorified truck driving school. Your schedule is weak. You have one good win this year; one.
You've been a BSU fan since about 2002 or so. Just admit it. You probably went to Idaho State or UI, heck, probably just went to CSI, and jumped on the bandwagon as BSU rose to prominence by beating up on WAC weaklings.

TCU wins this game by 20+

MWC tawps th wikki-wac *** cunfernce...lol tcu bai 40...lol

In the haste of you ranting about how people want to "dodge" BJC, you fail to list the key reason why nobody is putting them on their schedules.
Your AD wants 1:1 (home and home) only. No 2:1s, no 1 and dones, but home and homes.
Let's look at that. I've been to your "stadium"; it seats around 30K, and its in Boise, flippin Idaho. As a consequence, BJC can't offer a high enough guarantee, nor does it possess the clout to demand home and homes.
The revenue isn't there. BJC doesn't have the resources to be in a position to make demands for games. So, until your AD lets up on his ultimatum, your schedule will continue to be peppered with I-AA and MAC teams.
They aren't "dodging" BJC, the demands are just too high.
The one and done with VA Tech next season is a nice start, but you're going to need more of those until BJC's stadium gets about 20-30K more seats before BJC can start demanding "home and homes".

Why can BYU get someone like Florida State in a one and one? The stadium seats over 60K and a high guarantee can be offered.

I get so tired of the BJC "persecuted" act, and I laugh at the idea of Boise beating TCU.
Really? Boise St....the same team that got gashed by Ryan Mathews and Fresno State?
the same team that nearly lost to Tulsa?
the same team that struggled for 3.5 quarters with UC-Davis, an FCS team?
the same team that struggled mightily with LA Tech?

Hah.

No BCS teams will be harmed in the making of this game.

At first I was pretty pissed. This is just a convenient way to deal with 2 BCS busters without risking embarrassment toward the BCS system as a whole.

But the more I think about it, TCU is pretty much BSU's closest thing to a rival. And TCU is undoubtedly a for-real team. Whoever wins this game will have a legitimate argument for starting next season ranked in the top 5.

My prediction is that TCU might win the turnover and the time of possession battle, but Boise State's big play capability will keep this game close and eventually win them the game.

TCU 24
BSU 31

You know to be honest i was extremely pissed too. First thing that popped into my head was exactly what you said. This game saves any BCS embarrasment. BCS is a piece of Crap. They know these two teams could compete with anyone. My condolences.:(

LOL @ a Boise State fan trying to talk up the merits of its schedule.
And moving up conferences isn't going to happen; you'll never be in the superior Mountain West Conference as your school (which you, like most BSU fans, probably never attended) is a glorified truck driving school. Your schedule is weak. You have one good win this year; one.
You've been a BSU fan since about 2002 or so. Just admit it. You probably went to Idaho State or UI, heck, probably just went to CSI, and jumped on the bandwagon as BSU rose to prominence by beating up on WAC weaklings.

TCU wins this game by 20+

I've been a BSU fan since 1998. My brother is an alumnus, but since I don't live there I am not.

The Mountain West has 1! win against BSU and that was TCU last year. The last two meetings between BYU were both BSU victories, and BSU blew out Utah in 2005. But yeah, they're REAL superior.

In fact, the Mountain West will need Boise State to get an AQ in 2012.

Like I said, hate on. I'm guessing you're a BYU fan by that loser in your avatar. My condolences on getting exposed by a lackluster FSU this year.

In the haste of you ranting about how people want to "dodge" BJC, you fail to list the key reason why nobody is putting them on their schedules.
Your AD wants 1:1 (home and home) only. No 2:1s, no 1 and dones, but home and homes.
Let's look at that. I've been to your "stadium"; it seats around 30K, and its in Boise, flippin Idaho. As a consequence, BJC can't offer a high enough guarantee, nor does it possess the clout to demand home and homes.
The revenue isn't there. BJC doesn't have the resources to be in a position to make demands for games. So, until your AD lets up on his ultimatum, your schedule will continue to be peppered with I-AA and MAC teams.
The one and done with VA Tech next season is a nice start, but you're going to need more of those until BJC's stadium gets about 20-30K more seats before BJC can start demanding "home and homes".

Why can BYU get someone like Florida State in a one and one? The stadium seats over 60K and a high guarantee can be offered.

I get so tired of the BJC "persecuted" act, and I laugh at the idea of Boise beating TCU.
Really? Boise St....the same team that got gashed by Ryan Mathews and Fresno State?

Hah.

No, you're wrong. The AD will do a 1 and done at any BCS schools home turf in 2011. ESPN is even trying to help get this done. 10 schools have been asked so far, and all have turned BSU down. They don't want to risk a loss.

I look forward to this game and hope you'll be eating some crow. Then again, if TCU loses I doubt you'll show up in this thread again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hah.

Actually you better do research before you post things you think you know.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-boise110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Back
Top Bottom