The Segregation Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Segregation Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State

TCU is going to win by about 17. Their defense is too strong for Boise's offense, and I really haven't been impressed with Boise that much this year, to be honest.

I've been a BSU fan since 1998. My brother is an alumnus, but since I don't live there I am not.
So you're a bandwagoner. I get it. 1998; the year Boise started getting good. Just like about 3/4s of the other bandwagon jumpers who fill Bronco Stadium on Saturdays. Had dUI been in Boise's position, you'd probably have silver and gold colors instead of orange and blue ones in your signature.
The Mountain West has 1! win against BSU and that was TCU last year. The last two meetings between BYU were both BSU victories, and BSU blew out Utah in 2005. But yeah, they're REAL superior.
BYU was down both years BSU beat them, including the year they needed a missed FG on the Smurfturf to win. Utah was a mediocre team. Last year, Boise played TCU, a good team, and lost.

In fact, the Mountain West will need Boise State to get an AQ in 2012.
It would take more than just Boise St. to get AQ status. They'd likely have to go to 12.
Like I said, hate on. I'm guessing you're a BYU fan by that loser in your avatar. My condolences on getting exposed by a lackluster FSU this year.
Boise's an inferior team. Where's your hero Zabransky now anyway? Picking potatoes back in Oregon?
FSU may have won, but that's going to look like a close game compared to what TCU will do to Boise in Phoenix.

When Boise St. was fighting it out in the Big Sky with Montana, Eastern Washington, and the like, BYU was contending for national championships, and winning one.

Actually you better do research before you post things you think you know.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-boise110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

From what I've heard/read, Boise has been turned down by those programs because they're asking for way too much in return. I'd like, no scratch that...LOVE to see UF replace friggin FAU with BSU in 2011, but if they don't lower their asking price to somewhere around the level of USF's, Jeremy Foley won't touch them.

So you're a bandwagoner. I get it. 1998; the year Boise started getting good. Just like about 3/4s of the other bandwagon jumpers who fill Bronco Stadium on Saturdays. Had dUI been in Boise's position, you'd probably have silver and gold colors instead of orange and blue ones in your signature.

BYU was down both years BSU beat them, including the year they needed a missed FG on the Smurfturf to win. Utah was a mediocre team. Last year, Boise played TCU, a good team, and lost.

It would take more than just Boise St. to get AQ status. They'd likely have to go to 12.

Boise's an inferior team. Where's your hero Zabransky now anyway? Picking potatoes back in Oregon?
FSU may have won, but that's going to look like a close game compared to what TCU will do to Boise in Phoenix.

When Boise St. was fighting it out in the Big Sky with Montana, Eastern Washington, and the like, BYU was contending for national championships, and winning one.

Bandwagoner? Dude that was the first year I actually started following college football and they barely had a winning record. Boise represents me, so I represent them. I didn't switch from another team.

And I love all the excuses about being on "down years" when Boise State beats you. It's good to rationalize things when the result doesn't match the bravado.

Against the MWC, Boise State has beaten: (Utah in 98, 99, 06; Wyoming in 02, 06, 07; BYU in 03, 04; and TCU in 03. The only victory for your conference was last year against TCU in a bowl game, that we could have won.

To be honest, I think you're just jealous. BYU and Boise State has a series coming up, and we'll see who is the better team then. Hopefully it won't be on a "down year." :lol:

Maybe your attitude will change if we win more of those games, but I doubt it.

From what I've heard/read, Boise has been turned down by those programs because they're asking for way too much in return. I'd like, no scratch that...LOVE to see UF replace friggin FAU with BSU in 2011, but if they don't lower their asking price to somewhere around the level of USF's, Jeremy Foley won't touch them.

As far as I know but not confirmed by me, ESPN is looking to put up some of the money as long as it gets the game going.

Interesting NCAA Rankings

Total Defense: TCU 1, BSU 13
Total Offense: TCU 4, BSU 8
Scoring Offense: TCU 4, BSU 1
Passing Efficiency: TCU 3, BSU 2
Turnover Ratio: TCU 46, BSU 8
Redzone Offense: TCU 39T, BSU 39T

And I love all the excuses about being on "down years" when Boise State beats you. It's good to rationalize things when the result doesn't match the bravado.
They were down years. BYU was 4-8 in 2003 and 5-6 in 2004. Boise was 13-1 in 2003, and 11-1 in 2004. You're right; 2 similar teams in those years. Must be BJC logic.
To be honest, I think you're just jealous. BYU and Boise State has a series coming up, and we'll see who is the better team then. Hopefully it won't be on a "down year." :lol:
What exactly would I be jealous over? The piddly 30K stadium with blue turf? The multiple WAC titles? The lack of a NC?
I don't know what will happen in the future; Bronco is building up a good program, though, with values instilled in the boys as well.
Maybe your attitude will change if we win more of those games, but I doubt it.
If we caught BJC on a 4-8 season when we were 13-1 and clubbed you like baby seals, I wonder if you'd have the same bravado.

If we caught BJC on a 4-8 season when we were 13-1 and clubbed you like baby seals, I wonder if you'd have the same bravado.

It's possible, but probably not while we're in the WAC. Maybe you should lobby your AD to ensure that BSU has a losing season by letting them in the MWC. :chuckle:

Oh but I forgot. They're inferior! BSU must remain unbeaten in 80% of their WAC seasons just to show them how much they suck.

It's possible, but probably not while we're in the WAC. Maybe you should lobby your AD to ensure that BSU has a losing season by letting them in the MWC. :chuckle:

Oh but I forgot. They're inferior! BSU must remain unbeaten in 80% of their WAC seasons just to show them how much they suck.
Beating up on the Idahos, San Jose States, Utah States, and New Mexico States of the world doesn't exactly scream greatness, does it?

An undefeated MWC team will always finish ahead of an undefeated WAC team.

Beating up on the Idahos, San Jose States, Utah States, and New Mexico States of the world doesn't exactly scream greatness, does it?

An undefeated MWC team will always finish ahead of an undefeated WAC team.

Undefeated teams, no matter what conference they're in, get respect. Remember Ball State last year? They were undefeated until the championship game.

I can't remember the last time a Sun Belt or MAC team went undefeated a whole year, including conference championships. I think domination of a conference says a lot about a program. In BSU's case, it says, "we deserve a better conference."

BCS talking heads agree, Boise fans agree, but some MWC fans say "no way."

Do you really think adding BSU would make the mountain west conference weaker, since they're "inferior"?

It's pointless to add Boise at this point, because on their own, they alone aren't going to get the MWC to AQ status.The only way the MWC gets AQ status is if it goes to 12; with Boise, Fresno, and maybe Houston or Nevada, and a CCG.

It's pointless to add Boise at this point, because on their own, they alone aren't going to get the MWC to AQ status.The only way the MWC gets AQ status is if it goes to 12; with Boise, Fresno, and maybe Houston or Nevada, and a CCG.

This is true and echoed a lot in MWC forums and BSU forums. But regardless, BSU would add credibility to the MWC because of BCS rankings and wins. They aren't perceived as inferior to the MWC teams by anyone except maybe MWC fans.

I know we hear this every year and almost nothing ever comes of it, but what if either team in the Segregation Bowl wins in dominating fashion and the title game is an ugly struggle? We all know how much the AP loves the BCS.

You should never be pissed that your team can play that joke of a schedule and get such a prestigious bowl.

Didnt they already defeat a team this year that won one of the so called major conferences and is playing in another BCS game?

If any conferences are a joke its the Big 11, where SSSSLLLLOOOWWWness is key, the Pac-10 where they cant even spell defense, or the ACC who's best teams prove they cant even touch mediocre teams from the SEC. The ACC is more or less JV-SEC.

Back
Top Bottom