The Segregation Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Segregation Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State

First, I doubt Boise would be so willing to go to Miami as you claim. I'm sure that would be a last option for them, asssuming we had an opening in our schedule.

Secondly, no one is saying that Boise isn't good. They are good. Good enough to be competitive in a BCS conference, I'm sure. But the facts are the facts in regards to their schedule. They simply don't deserve to be where they are. If football had an RPI, Boise would be near the bottom.

actually your right but the thing about college basketball that a conference champs from a sucky conf. can still have a shot to prove its self.. which is what makes college bball so exciting. IF college basketball had a BCS type system we would of never seen great underdog teams like the George Masons, Butlers, Southern Illinois, Davidsons. Im sure there are plenty of other teams im missing.

I like to compare Boise St. to a Gonzaga in college basketball. Kinda of a crappy conference but they could compete with any one. Sucks for College football that we have a BCS system. It makes football less exciting.

actually your right but the thing about college basketball that a conference champs from a sucky conf. can still have a shot to prove its self.. which is what makes college bball so exciting. IF college basketball had a BCS type system we would of never seen great underdog teams like the George Masons, Butlers, Southern Illinois, Davidsons. Im sure there are plenty of other teams im missing.

I like to compare Boise St. to a Gonzaga in college basketball. Kinda of a crappy conference but they could compete with any one. Sucks for College football that we have a BCS system. It makes football less exciting.

Well no doubt, if we had a playoff system, Boise would be involved. But if NCAA basketball only had one championship game with no tournament, we wouldn't be seeing the George Mason's of the world either. We had talked about this before, and I think the only mid major to win the NCAA tourney was UNLV.

Well no doubt, if we had a playoff system, Boise would be involved. But if NCAA basketball only had one championship game with no tournament, we wouldn't be seeing the George Mason's of the world either. We had talked about this before, and I think the only mid major to win the NCAA tourney was UNLV.

yeah i mean it doesnt matter if they dont win the whole thing... but at least they are playing for something. Theyre not playing some meaning less bowl game.

Boise plus the points fits my devastating bowl game system: Bet the underdog if it was rated higher than the favorite during preseason by The Sporting News.

Barely a loser the past few years. And 2-0 starting out so far this year, Utah over Cal and North Carolina (narrowly) covering against Pitt today.

The remaining games are FSU over West Virginia, Boise State over TCU, and Texas over Alabama.

No offense to the Boise State fans, but I think TCU beats them.

Defensively, they can and will shut Boise's offense down. I think they have enough offense, with the underrated Andy Dalton leading the way, to put enough on the board to beat the Broncos.

No offense to the Boise State fans, but I think TCU beats them.

Defensively, they can and will shut Boise's offense down. I think they have enough offense, with the underrated Andy Dalton leading the way, to put enough on the board to beat the Broncos.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

A better way to look at this is to compare the teams from the last time they played.

Boise has gotten better on both sides of the ball, while TCU has gotten better offensively, but defensively they've regressed a bit from last year's unit. Then again BSU has lost like 7 starters due to injury and TCU is perfectly healthy for this game.

I still think it will be close, but BSU's big plays will win the day. (Like I would have changed my mind)

LOL @ a Boise State fan trying to talk up the merits of its schedule.
And moving up conferences isn't going to happen; you'll never be in the superior Mountain West Conference as your school (which you, like most BSU fans, probably never attended) is a glorified truck driving school. Your schedule is weak. You have one good win this year; one.
You've been a BSU fan since about 2002 or so. Just admit it. You probably went to Idaho State or UI, heck, probably just went to CSI, and jumped on the bandwagon as BSU rose to prominence by beating up on WAC weaklings.

TCU wins this game by 20+

EAT SOME CROW, HATER!! :lol:

Who is to say say that Boise St couldn't beat the winner of the Over Hyped bowl that is Alabama vs Texas. I have not been overly impressed with either team this year. Alabama was a blocked field goal away from losing to Tenn and Texas almost lost to Nebraska, who was not that great of team. Who knows maybe the Broncos could beat a Texas or Alabama on a neutral field. The BCS is a joke we need a playoff sytem ASAP. I hope the law get passed where they cant call it a National Championship game unless it is the result of a playoff. The current system is a joke!

I'm convinced....Boise is a ****ing beast..:lol:

Please keep that monster far away from my Tide...

Seriously though...I've lobbied for a playoff for years....let the teams play and settle it that way...

But Boise would get blown out of the stadium if it was Florida or Alabama....so would TCU...

The only two measuring stick games for Boise are Oregon and TCU...and if either of those games were any indication.....Boise can stake claim to the 3rd best team in the country....that's about it IMO...

I'm convinced....Boise is a ****ing beast..:lol:

Please keep that monster far away from my Tide...

Seriously though...I've lobbied for a playoff for years....let the teams play and settle it that way...

But Boise would get blown out of the stadium if it was Florida or Alabama....so would TCU...

The only two measuring stick games for Boise are Oregon and TCU...and if either of those games were any indication.....Boise can stake claim to the 3rd best team in the country....that's about it IMO...

Alabama would blow out Boise St out the same way they blew out Tenn and Auburn. And Texas would blow out TCU the same way they blew out Nebraska. I call thursdays game the overhyped bowl because both Texas and Alabama are overrated and they and there is no way they are two best teams in the country.. Alabama got lucky and beat a flat Florida team playing with out their best defensive player, and really who has Texas beat that is going to finish in the top ten. There are a lot of good teams in college football this year , but really no dominent team this year. Boise St is a lot tougher team than Tennessee or Auburn who Alabama struggled to beat. I would take Boise on a neutral field to upset the overrated Bama

Alabama would blow out Boise St out the same way they blew out Tenn and Auburn. And Texas would blow out TCU the same way they blew out Nebraska. I call thursdays game the overhyped bowl because both Texas and Alabama are overrated and they and there is no way they are two best teams in the country.. Alabama got lucky and beat a flat Florida team playing with out their best defensive player, and really who has Texas beat that is going to finish in the top ten. There are a lot of good teams in college football this year , but really no dominent team this year. Boise St is a lot tougher team than Tennessee or Auburn who Alabama struggled to beat. I would take Boise on a neutral field to upset the overrated Bama

Kinda like how Boise struggled to beat Tulsa....:lol:

And UC Davis....:lol:

Alabama beat 9 bowl teams this year....

Florida wasn't flat....they just got out coached and out executed....

They got out coached and out executed by Bama for 3 quarters in the SEC CG last year...Bama just didn't have the talent to finish them off...

You might as well say that Utah got lucky to beat a flat Bama team last year in the Sugar Bowl after their best offensive player was suspended and had to miss the game (Andre Smith) if you're going to use that logic..

I think Nebraska would beat Boise or TCU.....

If you couldn't see that NEITHER of those teams in the Fiesta Bowl are anywhere near the caliber of Florida or Bama you need help son...

There's at least 15 teams that would go undefeated with Boise's schedule.....every year...

Boise isn't going undefeated with Bama, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn St., etc...schedule...

BSU probably wouldn't go undefeated in the SEC; but then again, they wouldn't have to be undefeated to get to a BCS game.

Back
Top Bottom