The Segregation Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Segregation Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State

LOL @ a Boise State fan trying to talk up the merits of its schedule.
And moving up conferences isn't going to happen; you'll never be in the superior Mountain West Conference as your school (which you, like most BSU fans, probably never attended) is a glorified truck driving school. Your schedule is weak. You have one good win this year; one.
You've been a BSU fan since about 2002 or so. Just admit it. You probably went to Idaho State or UI, heck, probably just went to CSI, and jumped on the bandwagon as BSU rose to prominence by beating up on WAC weaklings.

TCU wins this game by 20+

:lol: ****ing classic. Great line. Great post.

Personally, I wouldve liked to have seen TCU get a shot at Florida, Boise destroy Ga. Tech or Iowa, and Cinci play the other. Actually, I wouldve rather Boise get Ohio St. and destroy them, but what can you do.

TCU beats Boise IMHO.

It's true that BSU plays in an inferior conference, they'd change if they could, but their domination of that conference over the last decade has been undeniable. They've gone undefeated in 4 of the last 6 seasons.

Before entering the FBS, they won the Division 1 National Championship (1980), and before that, they won the JUCO National Championship (1958). In 2007 they got their first BCS win, and they're ready to try for another and another until they get a shot at the national title. It's destiny, I tell you!

And they'll come to your house to play you. They know what is expected and they are trying to fulfill those expectations. People have a vested interest in NOT playing them.

Why do I always end up defending Boise states worthiness instead of actually talking about the game? It's becoming repetitive.

Coach Petersen will have the Broncos ready for TCU. Hopefully this year our kicker can kick the game winner.

First, I doubt Boise would be so willing to go to Miami as you claim. I'm sure that would be a last option for them, asssuming we had an opening in our schedule.

Secondly, no one is saying that Boise isn't good. They are good. Good enough to be competitive in a BCS conference, I'm sure. But the facts are the facts in regards to their schedule. They simply don't deserve to be where they are. If football had an RPI, Boise would be near the bottom.

Personally, I wouldve liked to have seen TCU get a shot at Florida, Boise destroy Ga. Tech or Iowa, and Cinci play the other. Actually, I wouldve rather Boise get Ohio St. and destroy them, but what can you do.

TCU beats Boise IMHO.

Georgia Tech is gonna kill Iowa. And they would've killed TCU or Boise. Florida and Ohio State are the only BCS guys that could challenge Ga Tech (outside the top 2).

Georgia Tech is gonna kill Iowa. And they would've killed TCU or Boise. Florida and Ohio State are the only BCS guys that could challenge Ga Tech (outside the top 2).

I don't know if Ohio St. could hang with GT....

Navy whipped Ohio St. up and down the field for 4 quarters with that option and was a 2 point conversion from probably winning that game...

GT runs it better and with better athletes....with better athletes on defense as well...

Yea right. Ga Tech ****ing blows. Thats why they got beaten down by Georgia. They may kill Iowa, but Iowa blows too.

Ohio St. is garbage. Oregon is going to destroy them. TCU and Boise are both better than Ohio st., Iowa, and Ga Tech.

I don't know if Ohio St. could hang with GT....

Navy whipped Ohio St. up and down the field for 4 quarters with that option and was a 2 point conversion from probably winning that game...

GT runs it better and with better athletes....with better athletes on defense as well...

I'd bet on Ga Tech too, but I think Ohio St. could at least hang with them, and at least have a chance against them. Unlike those other teams.

Yea right. Ga Tech ****ing blows. Thats why they got beaten down by Georgia. They may kill Iowa, but Iowa blows too.

Ohio St. is garbage. Oregon is going to destroy them. TCU and Boise are both better than Ohio st., Iowa, and Ga Tech.

Usually when a team loses by less than a TD it's not considered a beat down. TCU and Boise would both lose to Ga Tech, and it wouldn't be close. You don't really understand the offense they run if you disagree with that. You need to have 11 guys on defense to beat that team, and those teams don't have players of that caliber. Or else they wouldn't be there.....
Look at the two teams that beat them this year - Miami and Georgia. Two places that have never been turned down for Boise or TCU.

First, I doubt Boise would be so willing to go to Miami as you claim. I'm sure that would be a last option for them, asssuming we had an opening in our schedule.

Secondly, no one is saying that Boise isn't good. They are good. Good enough to be competitive in a BCS conference, I'm sure. But the facts are the facts in regards to their schedule. They simply don't deserve to be where they are. If football had an RPI, Boise would be near the bottom.

According to the athletic director they'll visit any BCS team on September 3, 2011. If you look there's still a lot of teams who have that date open.

Miami (FL) currently has 4 ooc conference games already scheduled. Alabama is available. Clemson is available. VT is available. Florida is not available. etc etc.

http://www.fbschedules.com/

Here's a decent article:

Fiesta Bowl Fiasco: Conspiracy, Competition, or Just Plain Cheap?

That means that, while Georgia Tech and the ACC will take home $18.3 million from the Orange Bowl, Oregon and the Pac Ten will take home $18.3 million from the Rose Bowl, and Cincinnati and the Big East will walk away from the Sugar Bowl with $18.3 million; Boise and the WAC and TCU and the MWC, will split $23.8 million among all of the non-AQ conferences.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...co-conspiracy-competition-or-just-plain-cheap

According to the athletic director they'll visit any BCS team on September 3, 2011. If you look there's still a lot of teams who have that date open.

Miami (FL) currently has 4 ooc conference games already scheduled. Alabama is available. Clemson is available. VT is available. Florida is not available. etc etc.

http://www.fbschedules.com/

It takes years to put together a decent schedule. You guys should have already filled your big game 2011 opponents already. If you want to schedule big programs, you have to do it years in advance. You can't complain when you're asking for a big game in a year or two.

It takes years to put together a decent schedule. You guys should have already filled your big game 2011 opponents already. If you want to schedule big programs, you have to do it years in advance. You can't complain when you're asking for a big game in a year or two.

Did you look at the link at all? This is Boise State's last available date in 2011. A lot of the schools have only scheduled one or two ooc's.

From the Fiesta Bowl Press conference:

Q. John, can you talk about the reasoning behind putting these two teams together?
MR. JOHN JUNKER: I think our first position was to begin with we wanted the highest ranked team possible, but one that filled some other requirements. We were interested in the great job done at the University of Cincinnati this year, but candidly a team more from our region would make our game more accessible to fans, so TCU was an easy choice in that regard.

They've been at the top of the polls for the last month. It's a great program, they've grown in reputation, and many people felt nationally that they were a candidate to play in a national championship game. So knowing that we could get a regional team to do that, they were our first selection because it's important that our game be followed avidly and supported by many fans.

Following that we went through the selection process and it became evident that Boise State would be the next selection based on availability but also the tremendous job that Coach Petersen and his staff have done, the great season, undefeated season, and I'm not sure this has been followed very well, but this is only the 20th time in the history of bowl games that two undefeated teams have met in a bowl game, out of the hundreds of thousands of bowl games.

To us this is an incredible attraction and I think it's been borne out by our research of Fox Television and other people's opinions we have sought out in the quality of the match up. Anybody who says these teams should be playing a bigger conference is clearly doing a disservice to the quality of these teams. They are credible all the way, they belong, and we think it's a game that's going to have a tremendous amount of attention across the country.

It's also one candidly we're happy to host because of the quality of the programs, the quality of the players and the coaches. They do things right. We're excited about that and looking forward to hosting them in our community.
http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120809aaa.html

Did you look at the link at all? This is Boise State's last available date in 2011. A lot of the schools have only scheduled one or two ooc's.

Yeah, but they still haven't really scheduled any good opponents. Next year we're playing Ohio State, and that's been set for 5 years or so. The last ooc opponents should be the easiest ones to get, not the hardest.

Back
Top Bottom