The stills on Stills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The stills on Stills

the pre snap read shows the safety in the deep middle of the field...the qbs read says the deep post runs into that deep safety thus he takes the wide open cleared out flat route

to only gain 6 yards there is criminal

So you are saying the presnap read was to check it down on 1st and 10 when losing the game in the second half on the opponents side of the field? That is terrible.

So you are saying the presnap read was to check it down on 1st and 10 when losing the game in the second half on the opponents side of the field?

you see the deep safety right? the qb reads that post into the safety as a clear out vertical and takes the wide open in space route...if you want the qb to attack that post you need to influence the deep safety with a seam route into his space...a more true vertical one where the safety may take a false step then you throw the over the top post

that deep safety is also shaded to the post side

also do you guys realize that vs that flat throw the deep safety is the one who has to come up and make the tackle in space...from that deep

absolutely the right decision by the qb

I think he's saying there's a safety standing right between the two hash marks at the start of the play, those eliminating the post. The safety doesn't leave the middle of the field until he see's Tannehill locking in on the back in the flat. Still's doesn't raise his hand until after Tannehill has started his throwing motion to the back.

I think he's saying there's a safety standing right between the two hash marks at the start of the play, those eliminating the post. The safety doesn't leave the middle of the field until he see's Tannehill locking in on the back in the flat. Still's doesn't raise his hand until after Tannehill has started his throwing motion to the back.

winner...pre snap read folks

I guess it is true then, no improvisation skills at all. The one still clearly shows the safety breaking for the RB in the flat while Tannehill is looking right at Stills.

I guess it is true then, no improvisation skills at all.

When you have a back with an 18 yard cushion form the safety that needs to cover him you make that throw. When Tannehill starts his motion the back is on the 39 and closest defender is on the 21. That play need to gain more than six yards and should be a sure thing.

the pre snap read shows the safety in the deep middle of the field...the qbs read says the deep post runs into that deep safety thus he takes the wide open cleared out flat route

to only gain 6 yards there is criminal

come one hoops. you're better than that. if all you had to do in this league is show a deep safety pre snap and no one would throw deep on it, there would never be a ball thrown past 20 yards. qbs in this league have to read defenses pre and post snap, and it ALWAYS starts with the safeties. the technique of players is just as critical as where they are and that safety is in his squat 2 secs after snap with zero chance to make a play on a ball thrown over his head. the underneath routes did exactly what they were supposed to, the o line blocked and stills won. there just isn't any excuse why we did not get 6 points out of this play and you know it.

colts4.jpg

Come on guys this is silly. The safety never took a single step back and is clearly going to the flat and Tannehill is clearly looking downfield without any pressure at all. I can understand the just one play defense...

come one hoops. you're better than that. if all you had to do in this league is show a deep safety pre snap and no one would throw deep on it, there would never be a ball thrown past 20 yards. qbs in this league have to read defenses pre and post snap, and it ALWAYS starts with the safeties. the technique of players is just as critical as where they are and that safety is in his squat 2 secs after snap with zero chance to make a play on a ball thrown over his head. the underneath routes did exactly what they were supposed to, the o line blocked and stills won. there just isn't any excuse why we did not get 6 points out of this play and you know it.

I'm saying he stuck with his pre snap read...and you really are gonna bang a qb for taking a one on one in space where a safety must come from 20 yards off to make the tackle?

if that safety drops out he's gonna throw the flat also...it's a pre snap read...he views that post as a clear out to attack the flats in space

i guess you think the pa means take the post...to me i throw the flat off the pre snap read there

There has been a lot of discussion blaming both the offensive line and coaching staff for holding Ryan Tannehill back, as well as disappointment in the lack of production from Kenny Stills last year. Here is one example where that simply isn't the case. Will post others if people are interested.

colts1.jpg

Week 16 vs Colts. 1st and 10 trailing 15-6 7:21 3rd Quarter

colts2.jpg

Play action

colts3.jpg

Stills' jab destroys the corner. Safety still in his squat. Is he playing or taking a ****? Beautiful protection.

colts4.jpg

The safety with no regard for the deep third as Stills blows by his man. Perfect lane in the pocket. Throw it!

colts5.jpg

Stills with his arm up calling for the ball, but its too late. Ryan checks it down to the flats for a 6 yard gain.

colts6.jpg

Outstanding protection.

-These images are property of the NFL yada yada yada.

Wasnt the case then, isnt the case now.

Theres a looooong way to go to applaud or condemn tanny and the team this year but one thing to keep in mind, being given the oportunity to audible also gives one the oportunity for more mistakes. The coaching staff, philbin and lazor, didnt trust tanny had the goods for having the audible priveledge. Not every qb does. It never bothered me he didnt have the audible.

But, as i said, long ways to go. Maybe tanny will prove us nay sayers wrong. It sure would be nice!!

i guess what you could say here is that tannehill should have looked post snap to the safety to see if he squatted on the seam before he went to the flats...but i don't have a problem either with a qb seeing pre snap the colts haven't accounted for the flats with anyone but the deep safety and looking it off early and then coming to it with that much space to work in

not one bit

i do get your point here because that is enough of a seam route and like you said he should read that safety post snap

tannys shoulders even point to the post once he finishes his drop

when he looks to the post can he see that safety squatting though? this looks like one of those at the same time things to me that looks more one sided on a still shot in other words

On this play the throw to the flat SHOULD NEVER be the 1st read. If the deep ball is not there then throw it to the flat. If your presnap read is to check it down then we need a qb with some balls.

remember also he's not facing the play all the way in his drop...this is pa...so it's not like he can stare down the middle safety in his drop...if this was a more 5 or 7 step drop his head would be in the middle of the field the entire time then he looks to the seam and then takes the post shot

when he looks to that post after coming set i don't think he can really see the safeties depth

more on pre and post snap single high safety reads

jags7.jpg

jags8.jpg

jags9.jpg

jags10.jpg

jags1.jpg

jags2.jpg

jags3.jpg

jags4.jpg

image 6 and 7 look similar because ryan goes to to throw then brings it down and pats then wants to throw it again before taking off

the result of the play ryan throws inc flats to miller

Back
Top Bottom