The stills on Stills | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The stills on Stills

when tannehill comes off stills he has no idea none of the LBs accounted for the back after play action. he's been looking 20 yards down field. at that point, he's checking it down to miller regardless. it just happens in this case that miller is wide open. if miller were covered ryan runs or throws it away.

Well if we start deciding what options are better based on what we think the QBs knows or doesnt know... There's really no point in arguing...

OP. Let's see what Ryan Tannehill does this season. He should by now be fully developed right? After being in the league for 4 years. The label of "Project" should not apply to him anymore. For his first two years, yes, lets give him that break. But in his 5th year, he should now be a complete QB. Let's see what he's got.

Yeah im gonna disagree with tannehill doesnt know about that lb intentions etc off the stills...id have to see it from the time we lined up until the play all the way thru...not stills but a cut up

Which i cant

i dumped all my 2015 tape after that dumpster fire o left the building...had a cleansing

Yeah im gonna disagree with tannehill doesnt know about that lb intentions etc off the stills...

you guys can't have it both ways. you'll tell me in the dallas game on the mcclain pick 6 that you can't expect ryan to know he was gonna drop, then turn around in the colt game and say he knew miller was uncovered...

you guys can't have it both ways. you'll tell me in the dallas game on the mcclain pick 6 that you can't expect ryan to know he was gonna drop, then turn around in the colt game and say he knew miller was uncovered...

Im just saying i dont know for sure cause i cant see the full play

If i remember that mcclain pick he showed gap blitz pre snap and then he dropped out...he got baited thinking he was coming and they had the protection set up to pick it up and the lb dropped and undercut the in route which was likely the hot given all the hots were site adjustments in lazors o...its a bait job all the qb sees is that space wide open with no db and the lb undercuts it

That ones on the qb for sure but its not as big a qb gaff as say the pa lbs in the box pre snap matt moore pick the other night...he fubarred that one pre and post snap

There has been a lot of discussion blaming both the offensive line and coaching staff for holding Ryan Tannehill back, as well as disappointment in the lack of production from Kenny Stills last year. Here is one example where that simply isn't the case. Will post others if people are interested.

colts1.jpg

Week 16 vs Colts. 1st and 10 trailing 15-6 7:21 3rd Quarter

colts2.jpg

Play action

colts3.jpg

Stills' jab destroys the corner. Safety still in his squat. Is he playing or taking a ****? Beautiful protection.

colts4.jpg

The safety with no regard for the deep third as Stills blows by his man. Perfect lane in the pocket. Throw it!

colts5.jpg

Stills with his arm up calling for the ball, but its too late. Ryan checks it down to the flats for a 6 yard gain.

colts6.jpg

Outstanding protection.

-These images are property of the NFL yada yada yada.

This is what happens when a QB gets pounded and sacked more than any quarterback in the NFL...he mentally makes his read faster and misses out on a bigger play.

To fix this...you need pass protect that consistently(not one play)...gives him the confidence to be more patient.

Im not even having it either way... Tannehill threw a 6 yard pass on first down, you're saying throwing to Stills was definitely a better option, as much as you're ripping him for not doing it... If he did throw to Stills and it fell incomplete, as it should 2/3rds of the time, you'd probably be ripping him for trying to force things when Miller was all by himself... Thruth is both options had similar expectation although Miller involved less risk... As it turns out, they got the 1st down on the very next play, and Tannehill hit Cameron for a TD but it was called back by a stupid call on Landry later in that same drive...

Not only that Parker finished that game with 93 yards on 4 catches and Landry got 111 yards on 7 catches... Its interresting that you picked the 6 yards pass to Miller to make you're point...

Just adding my two cents... but I can remember when Hartline would be running free by blown coverage or he beating his guy at least 4-5 times when he as with the Fins and just like check down Henne....Tannehill would dump it off to the red route ....frustrating.

This is what happens when a QB gets pounded and sacked more than any quarterback in the NFL...he mentally makes his read faster and misses out on a bigger play.

To fix this...you need pass protect that consistently(not one play)...gives him the confidence to be more patient.

Ain't that the truth! It's a wonder RT is still in the league, honestly.

It's criminal, what Philbin did to him. Philbin could write his own book: How to Destroy a Young QB in Four Seasons or Less.

LD

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Just adding my two cents... but I can remember when Hartline would be running free by blown coverage or he beating his guy at least 4-5 times when he as with the Fins and just like check down Henne....Tannehill would dump it off to the red route ....frustrating.

RT17 turned Hartline into a supposed 30 million dollar WR.

Hartline should thank his lucky stars the day RT17 because his QB. Turned him into a rich man -- a rich man with zero real WR playmaking ability.

LD

here is the video

[video=youtube;Lmh1xvMnR0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmh1xvMnR0g[/video]

don't like to say it but that's VERY REVEALING.

We can only hope it's already corrected an Thill has the chops to produce at a higher level consistently...

OP. Let's see what Ryan Tannehill does this season. He should by now be fully developed right? After being in the league for 4 years. The label of "Project" should not apply to him anymore. For his first two years, yes, lets give him that break. But in his 5th year, he should now be a complete QB. Let's see what he's got.

If this year is not the year, it might be change of scenery time. And i'm a Tannehill Fan. I think he can pull it off, but if not this year in Miami, it will start getting ugly, mega-scrutinized, etc. If this season doesn't produce a respectable result, I'll bet Tannehill will be winning somewhere else in 3 years.

I'm not excusing Tannehill of missing that, but you see QB's constantly do this...hell, they show on the replay how a player was open down the field and the QB went short.

Love when a post comes with visual evidence, nice write up. IMO RT is average to below average and Stills is not that good, If Brees couldn't do anything with him why should anyone think RT could? Just admit the Saints fleeced us with that trade of Ellerbe and 3rd for Stills who was drafted in 2013 in the 5th round....could have picked him up on waivers if we really wanted him that bad...the problem with this team is the front office, no way a good front office continues to be 500 or less for almost 10 yrs....our drafts suck and we mostly only go for the over priced FA....we let good players go or trade them and don't replace the talent.....the teams talent is poor and to blame the player is useless, play the guys in the FO who keeps them on the team after its apparent they suck....this team has been weak at LB and CB for almost 5 yrs, the oline cant pass protect and the QB can't win a big game but each summer no real competition comes in to challenge for a spot.....this team is wash, rinse and repeat.....

Back
Top Bottom