The Team U love to Hate | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Team U love to Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who hates miami I am going to even say it was a horrible call. At that point in the game and on that stage of a game! wow Plus the WR dropped the ball anyway which means he had his shot. game over IMO.

As someone who hates miami I am going to even say it was a horrible call. At that point in the game and on that stage of a game! wow Plus the WR dropped the ball anyway which means he had his shot. game over IMO.

Actually there was 3 ways to call it on that play and it wouldnt have mattered what they called first down Bucks.

As a Buckeye fan I have no problem admitting it was a bad time to "finally" make a call!

The officiating was just horrendous the whole game, and they didnt do themselves any favors by calling it PI when it was really def. holding, although you couldve called illegal contact. Just the same its sorta like a NBA official calling a foul with 2 seconds left on the clock in a tied game...the saying goes "let'm play" late in games.

But a penalty was commited make NO mistake!!! But I can't argue that maybe they shouldve "swallowed" the whistle.

I would imagine so, yes.

There is contact on almost any pass play, and you don't decide the game as an official on a call like that, from that distance. You let the guy standing there make the call.

Miami took OSU lightly, and it cost them. They had to make a spirited comeback to even tie the game late, and there was a controversial call along the sidelines that would have allowed OSU to run the clock out in regulation had it gone the other way.

Miami was robbed on that call, but have no one to blame for losing that game but themselves, both before and after that call.

Exactly, if they were the powerhouse everyone said it they wouldve never been reduced to making excuses.

All three calls would have been bad. I seen the tape and its bull (expletive here)! Miami should have won and yeah they were a powerhouse. however every great team has bad games. Are the Pats bad becuase they lost one game ? no Either was miami and they still should have won that game

All three calls would have been bad. I seen the tape and its bull (expletive here)! Miami should have won and yeah they were a powerhouse. however every great team has bad games. Are the Pats bad becuase they lost one game ? no Either was miami and they still should have won that game

Your joking me right? He held Chris Gamble at the line (Thats 1 call), the second was the PI call which could have went either way but the Sideline judge made the call (Thats 2), After that happened the ball bounced off Gamble and bounce straight up in the air as that happened the Miami player Dragged Gamble by the facemask into the turf. The fact is the sideline judge saw only the backside and called it. He saw the game through his eyes not through the television set....

Sorry wouldn't have mattered what they called

Actually the CB had a hand full of jersey and in football thats a penalty, no two ways about it.....

You dont have to take my word just look a little closer at that "tape" and you will see him tugging on Gamble's jersey..the proof is right there in front of you.

Ok?? They had a bad gam? I understand that happens but thats no excuse to try and "cop out" and blame the officials for a loss you truely deserved.

Holding the Jersey is DIFFERENT. Holding the WR from running is a penalty. Btw Miami was HOLDING the Ohio St WR the whole game.

You're kidding right......the Miami guy was holding the osu receiver the whole game???? Nothing going on from the OSU db's, right?? Most coaches, players, and refs will tell you there is holding on every single play on both sides of the line and from both DB's and WR's. My point was that you DO NOT make that call at the end of the biggest and best game of the year. He had a chance to catch the pass and didn't, the game was over and the celebration was already beginning.....10 seconds later a flag comes out. Worst call ever in a Nat'l Championship game.

You still haven't answered the question as to how the mighty ohio state fans would have handled it if things were reversed.

You're kidding right......the Miami guy was holding the osu receiver the whole game???? Nothing going on from the OSU db's, right?? Most coaches, players, and refs will tell you there is holding on every single play on both sides of the line and from both DB's and WR's. My point was that you DO NOT make that call at the end of the biggest and best game of the year. He had a chance to catch the pass and didn't, the game was over and the celebration was already beginning.....10 seconds later a flag comes out. Worst call ever in a Nat'l Championship game.

You still haven't answered the question as to how the mighty ohio state fans would have handled it if things were reversed.

I have already said a few times I think the officiating was bad all game for BOTH teams, how can a penalty that happened be a "bad" call? It was just bad timing for those morons to finally MAKE a call.

As a Buckeye fan I wouldve felt like I got pulled over for doing 70 in a 65.....Wouldnt have liked it but in the end I could only blame myself since I was the one who did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsox
Oh, ok everyone,

I thought is was because Michigan kicks around what Florida teams its plays, and owns the nations record for years since last losing season, consecutive bowl games, and of of course is #1 in all time wins and #1 in all time winning %

and will always be the standard that everyone else covets

but thanks for answering that those who hate on Michigan have nothing...

[mod]Do we really need to repeat the no smack talk rule?[/mod]

I am rather new here - let's see, there is no "no smack talk" listed on this forum, nor do I see that I said anything out of line with what other people are saying about Michigan or other schools - in fact all I said that might be close to smack was "Michigan kicks around what Florida teams its plays" which given the whole Miami-OSU debate in this thread seems rather mild... given the scores the last two times Michigan has played Florida.

In fact in a thread about football hate, and in that I did not list any team that I hate, I request a PM about exactly who can say what here, and what the definition of "smack" is. I listed four facts - stats - winning %, wins, etc., and those cannot be challenged.

I am not trying to be sarcastic or anything but having read my way through this thread I cannot distinguish what I said that deserves a mod's warning.

Quote:
Oh, ok everyone,

I thought is was because Michigan kicks around what Florida teams its plays, and owns the nations record for years since last losing season, consecutive bowl games, and of of course is #1 in all time wins and #1 in all time winning %

I am rather new here - let's see, there is no "no smack talk" listed on this forum, nor do I see that I said anything out of line with what other people are saying about Michigan or other schools - in fact all I said that might be close to smack was "Michigan kicks around what Florida teams its plays" which given the whole Miami-OSU debate in this thread seems rather mild... given the scores the last two times Michigan has played Florida.

In fact in a thread about football hate, and in that I did not list any team that I hate, I request a PM about exactly who can say what here, and what the definition of "smack" is. I listed four facts - stats - winning %, wins, etc., and those cannot be challenged.

I am not trying to be sarcastic or anything but having read my way through this thread I cannot distinguish what I said that deserves a mod's warning.

Bro, I'll help you out....Some folks around here are VERY sensative about their college teams, it's best for guys like you and me to post sparingly in the college forums. I choose to enjoy the rest of what Finheaven has to offer.

In a nutshell.......be selective about what college team you shed in a negative light. Free advice:up:

Quote:
Oh, ok everyone,

Doesn't look like that warning was directed at you bro. :up:

Bro, I'll help you out....Some folks around here are VERY sensative about their college teams, it's best for guys like you and me to post sparingly in the college forums. I choose to enjoy the rest of what Finheaven has to offer.

In a nutshell.......be selective about what college team you shed in a negative light. Free advice:up:
Here's some better advice. Pay more attention to what you're reading.

cwsox, YOU did not receive a warning, and your post did not receive a warning. If it had, your actual post would have had that warning in it. The warning in question was in a post you quoted. Unless you also have the user name spydertl79. If so, then that is against our TOS ;)

Basically,
2849430-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom