The Texans current pick | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

The Dolphins are set up well for the future with a top QB and coach. But this idea that the Jets can do no right is silly.

Last time the Jets had a bunch of good high draft picks (circa 15 years ago), they built a team that made it to within one game of the Super Bowl (which Miami hasn’t done in almost 30 years) and they got that far in back to back seasons (which Miami hasn’t done in 35 years). And that was a team with an average head coach and below average QB.

If the Jets get someone in there who knows what they’re doing (it has happened before) and they have Lawrence waiting there, the Jets could be a huge thorn in the Dolphins’ side. Will be good for the rivalry though.

The spirit of the thread is the Houston first haha (and second hehe)

I foresee trade back and still possibly get a solid Defender and WR (choose) I like Smith or TE Friermuth and second day RB

Who really cares what the Jests do? We are light years ahead of them

How happy is Joe Burrow pickin himself off the turf?? This is what is in store for the No.1 OA pick in NY

The game is about W and L not putting up 300 yards against largely prevent Defence.

And unless the QB can escape contact like Murray generally does do you want your QB investment running straight line at the teeth of the D?

Last edited:
The Dolphins are set up well for the future with a top QB and coach. But this idea that the Jets can do no right is silly.

Last time the Jets had a bunch of good high draft picks (circa 15 years ago), they built a team that made it to within one game of the Super Bowl (which Miami hasn’t done in almost 30 years) and they got that far in back to back seasons (which Miami hasn’t done in 35 years). And that was a team with an average head coach and below average QB.

If the Jets get someone in there who knows what they’re doing (it has happened before) and they have Lawrence waiting there, the Jets could be a huge thorn in the Dolphins’ side. Will be good for the rivalry though.
Rex Ryan is available to them

Define ransom. A mid-round 1st, a 2nd, and a 2 in 2022?

Most definitely not. Trading down from a high first round pick (=qb) for net 2 2nd round picks? That's less than we got for Tunsil. That trade was essentially a first round pick (=Tunsil) for 2 1sts and a 2nd. That's a 1st and a 2nd net.

You have to get at least an additional 3 picks including at least one ADDITIONAL 1st rounder. So any deal would have to involve minimum 2 first rounders from the other team.

If you have a top 5 pick and a solid QB prospect on the board you're getting more than two 1s and two 2s. Tunsil got you that.

If you have a top 5 pick and a solid QB prospect on the board you're getting more than two 1s and two 2s. Tunsil got you that.
That's been pretty much the norm, when teams trade up for a QB. With the exception of the #1 overall pick getting a bit more.

So if Miami is picking top 3 - 5 and a team wants Fields or Lance, Miami should expect to get a #1 in both 2021 and 2022, as well as, two #2's.

I really do think this is going to be a top 5 pick. Maybe top 3. If it is....I really think we trade down. Pick up another first next year. My problem is if Parsons, Sewell or Chase are available to us. Do we move if one of them is there? Decisions, Decisions.

People seem to forget that Detroit was sitting above us in the 2020 draft.

We needed a QB and Tua/Herbert was sitting there. Detroit wanted to trade out, to a QB-needy team. And..... they were not offered much.

We could end up in the exact same scenario. To assume that there will be multiple huge offers made to us is, well, silly

The difference with Detroit last year was that there were two quarterbacks available and we were going to get one for sure. Team knew that the quarterbacks will drop so they didn’t have to move up because they knew Detroit would not take one

You would hope but would we move out of the top 10? If not I would strongly consider the additional picks and give up say #5

People seem to forget that Detroit was sitting above us in the 2020 draft.

We needed a QB and Tua/Herbert was sitting there. Detroit wanted to trade out, to a QB-needy team. And..... they were not offered much.

We could end up in the exact same scenario. To assume that there will be multiple huge offers made to us is, well, silly
Supply and demand

Most definitely not. Trading down from a high first round pick (=qb) for net 2 2nd round picks? That's less than we got for Tunsil. That trade was essentially a first round pick (=Tunsil) for 2 1sts and a 2nd. That's a 1st and a 2nd net.

You have to get at least an additional 3 picks including at least one ADDITIONAL 1st rounder. So any deal would have to involve minimum 2 first rounders from the other team.
We’ll see. I’m not against any of that.

Supply and demand
This

Those blockbuster trades require that all the planets align to make sense.

What team is in the market? Are they willing to part with the asking price?

Ppl often point to a previous trade, and act like it's juat a matter of a phone call. It is never that simple.

This

Those blockbuster trades require that all the planets align to make sense.

What team is in the market? Are they willing to part with the asking price?

Ppl often point to a previous trade, and act like it's juat a matter of a phone call. It is never that simple.
Absolutely. But you don't trade out of a top 5 pick based on a value chart. Ever. If an actual kings ransom isn't offer you don't move. We are talking top 5 pick here.

Absolutely. But you don't trade out of a top 5 pick based on a value chart. Ever. If an actual kings ransom isn't offer you don't move. We are talking top 5 pick here.
Never say never, but what does that have to do with what I posted?

Back
Top Bottom