The Texans current pick | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

The next two weeks could very well give us a great idea where this could end up. Here is their remaining schedule

Patriots - toss up
Lions - toss up
Colts - loss
Bears - loss
Colts - loss
Bengals - toss up
Titans - loss

Being a Texans fan has to got to feel hopeless right now. Seeing your former star receiver make a game winning Hail Mary catch, your team is 2-7, and your losses are only helping the Dolphins potentially get two really good players.

The next two weeks could very well give us a great idea where this could end up. Here is their remaining schedule

Patriots - toss up
Lions - toss up
Colts - loss
Bears - loss
Colts - loss
Bengals - toss up
Titans - loss
I give the putz the edge, but Houston the edge v Lions.

Patriots - toss up
Lions - toss up
Colts - loss
Bears - loss
Colts - loss
Bengals - toss up
Titans - loss

Dallas and the Jets are the real threats infront of them. I fully expect the Chargers, Washington, and Jacksonville(maybe) to win 1-2 more games than Houston.
None the less we're almost certainly guaranteed top 10 and at best top 3.

Being a Texans fan has to got to feel hopeless right now. Seeing your former star receiver make a game winning Hail Mary catch, your team is 2-7, and your losses are only helping the Dolphins potentially get two really good players.

For the life of me i don't understand how you trade that talent for peanuts. Hopkins and Watson says you always have a chance.

Miami finished with 5 wins in 2019 and picked 5th, in the 2020 draft. I dont see that happening in 2021. There are too many teams bunched together, so its very possible a 5 win team this year picks 8th -10th. Jets, Jaguars and Washington seem to have the first three picks locked up. If the Texans finish with 4-5 wins. I'm pretty certain the pick will be close to 10 than pick 7. And with a little luck the don't finish with more than 2-3 wins and pick closer to 5.

For the life of me i don't understand how you trade that talent for peanuts. Hopkins and Watson says you always have a chance.
Its usually due to bad cap management. If a team knows they won't/can't match market value for a guy due a new contract, they have no leverage, and get what they can.

Think about that for a minute...

Houston traded us a great package of picks for Tunsil. Then traded Hopkins to Arizona. Thanks Bill O'Brien

Hopkins makes an incredible catch to beat Buffalo, getting Miami even in the loss column for the division. Thanks Bill O'Brien

While Miami is exceeding expectations, speeding up the timeline to compete, we can still get a top pick because of Houston. Thanks Bill O'Brien

Bill O'Brian could secretly be a Dolphins fan, he is certainly a better GM for the Dolphins than he was for the Texans, and we aren't even paying him. Lol

Miami finished with 5 wins in 2019 and picked 5th, in the 2020 draft. I dont see that happening in 2021. There are too many teams bunched together, so its very possible a 5 win team this year picks 8th -10th. Jets, Jaguars and Washington seem to have the first three picks locked up. If the Texans finish with 4-5 wins. I'm pretty certain the pick will be close to 10 than pick 7. And with a little luck the don't finish with more than 2-3 wins and pick closer to 5.
While you are right that a lot if teams are bunched together this will change. If you look at all the teams with 4 wins or less they will play a combined total of 24 games vs each other. So those teams have a minimum of 24 wins to divide between them. Houston has 3 games Det, NE and Cincy left vs these teams. If Houston loses the next 2 I would say they are locked in for top 5 can't see them winning 3 of 5 after that. Also of note a 5 win team may go to the playoffs (NFC east).

Also I will point out that if you think Was is locked in at 3 that means they can maybe only win one game and they still play 5 teams that have 4 wins or less.

Another thing to keep in mind the next few weeks:

The Saints play Atlanta twice and Denver once over the next three weeks with Jameis Winston at QB. The NO D is still good, but there's a chance both of those losing teams will pick up a win in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom