The Texans current pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

I am kind of in a similar place, was worried about them drafting him. But honestly even at the halfway stage, this is the biggest lock you'll see in years. Jets not firing Gase mid season, the rivals are all in the NFCE who will all take wins from each other. The jets would have to win 3 of their last 7 games to have a chance to lose the #1 pick, that's not going to happen. That game last night saw two very poor teams IMO, the Pats should be worried that they only just beat them.

In terms of Lawrence in this division, I think all will depend on who they pick to replace Gase, if they go with someone like Riley or Mullen from the college ranks, or some bright assistant that's not just riding coat tails in the NFL then this will be a big problem for the Pats, Bills and ourselves. Hopefully the Jets continue to shoot themselves in the foot and hire someone like Gase again. Lawrence is still raw, think folks forget about that because he had instant success, but watch his tape from last year, early on he was struggling, then watch him in the playoffs, he was second best to both Fields and Burrow (a long way off with him) in my mind. I've not seen a lot of him this year but apparently before the COVID positive test, he's looked very good. Excellent prospect, great physical attributes but like all of them will need nurturing the right coaching fit, like Mahomes and Reid is imperative.

If the Pats suck enough to be able to grad Fields this could be the most stacked division in football, Fields would be a perfect fit there and honestly that combo would worry be more than Lawrence to the Jets. I think Fields has a good chance to be the best QB from this class.
And we all thought the Patriots were going to win. Nope, they are Stealthly Tanking. They even have extra picks to trade up to secure one of the QB's. Especially if they eventually pick top 7.

It's unfortunate SoS will not likely go in the Dolphins favor with that pick, particularly if they tie with teams in the NFC East.

I think I would like to see the Jets go 0-16 then have Trevor Lawrence reject them by either staying in school or forcing a trade.

As for the Texans, I'm anticipating that our pick from them will end up somewhere between 6-15.

Wow, that one win jumped them a bunch of spots.
3-4-5 you have three teams that are going to play each other a bunch, so there may not be a lot of movement there.
Hopefully we stomp the Chargers, but that still keeps them picking ahead of Houston.
Fortunately New England beat the Jets, keeping them further from the Trevor/Justin Fields selections.
I'd rather not have Belicheck get his hands on either of those guys.
texans have browns, pats, lions, colts, bears, colts, bengals, titans..
maybe 2 wins in that bunch.. finish 4-12.. hopefully top 5 pick

texans have browns, pats, lions, colts, bears, colts, bengals, titans..
maybe 2 wins in that bunch.. finish 4-12.. hopefully top 5 pick
Maybe bears and pats are wins. I dont think they beat the browns, colts twice, and titans.

I thought they were going to win it until they remembered that logo on their helmet.
Flacco passed Joe Montana on all time passing list last night. Really? Got to be on yrs played. Flacco couldnt light up a cigarette.

Our pick will be better then 7, if you consider they almost lost to the Jags with a backup QB, and will be playing...

@Browns
Patriots
@Lions
Colts
@Bears
@Colts
Bengals
Titans

Even the game against the Bengals will not be a cakewalk if you consider by the time they play them, Joe Burrow will have gotten plenty of experience.

As much as I want that Texans pick to be high, this may be the first year in a long time I don't feel like this team has a zillion holes to fill across the board. I could see drafting a super solid starter in the 6-10 range and being mighty pleased to have had the ability to do so.

The Dolphins success, especially that of their youth, somewhat cushions the blow of the Texans going on a run to finish the season.

Our pick will be better then 7, if you consider they almost lost to the Jags with a backup QB, and will be playing...

@Browns
Patriots
@Lions
Colts
@Bears
@Colts
Bengals
Titans

Even the game against the Bengals will not be a cakewalk if you consider by the time they play them, Joe Burrow will have gotten plenty of experience.
And Burrow's OL has been getting a little better each week. If they continue to improve, they might be an average OL by the time we play them, and just above average by the HOU game.

Wow, that one win jumped them a bunch of spots.

Yeah, but part of that is a couple teams have played (and lost) one more game. But they all have 2 wins.

The SoS numbers really hurt tiebreaking purposes. But perhaps those numbers will change over the next 8 weeks.

Good thing the NFC East is so damned weak. DAL, WAS, and NYG are only 1 win behind Philly thus still have incentive to win.

It sure would have been nice for DAL to hold on against PIT last Sunday.

There is so many bad teams. We should expect this pick to be in the 9-13 range.

I personally want the Jets to get Trevor Lawrence. Tua vs Trevor twice a year for the next decade sounds like good football to me. You cant be the best, if you cant beat the best.

Plus I want them to ge their **** together to renew the rivalry. It is sad and embarrassing how far they have fallen.

Nothing would make me happier than beating the Jets to deny them the playoffs, instead of a bunch of meaningless wins against a floormat team.
Yep. Eventually you've got to beat the best. If Miami makes the playoffs this year that could mean Mahomes or Jackson potentially.

Back
Top Bottom