The Texans current pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

That brings up an interesting question.

What is more rare? An "elite" HC, or "elite" QB? Which has more value to a team?
Year in Year out contenders tend to have both... Brady/BB, Marino/Shula, Manning/Dungy, Brees/Payton...

That brings up an interesting question.

What is more rare? An "elite" HC, or "elite" QB? Which has more value to a team?
Gotta get the HC in place first -- historical evidence of this is compelling
not to mention worth repeating worth repeating. A few carpetbagger HCs
have parasitically existed off an existing great QB -- but they flop soon enough.

Flo already proved he can WIN with less than "franchise" certified beef at QB
but we all know -------- you simply gotta have top shelf @QB to be a real threat
in any and all situations.

Tua plays great ball for us and Flo is in "fabulous" territory for years! BUT
the architect of everything we're witnessing is (long pause for dramatic effect)

Mister Green Jeans!

JK

Mister Grier of course. So that's where it really starts.

"Nothing but the facts ma'am!"

Last edited:
Whatever the pick ends up being it ends up being but obviously I’m hopeful of top 5. Outside the top 10 would be disappointing.

The Steelers last year without Ben and with the worst backup QBs in the league lucked out a handful of wins. That pick should’ve honestly been top 10 so we are due for some luck this year.

I think the pick will fall right outside the top 10.

What about trading Houston's pick for a number one next year?
I know there will be studs in the 5-8 range, but to maintain a stranglehold on the draft, how about trading that top pick, move down some, get a number one next year?
I think we could get Davonte Smith a little later. Don't know how people feel about him, but man pair him again with Tua...we need a WR in that mold.

Houston is better than their record indicates. They have had a hard schedule so far even though they've had the Jags twice.

I'd bet Watson had as much say in Fuller not being traded as anyone else.

I'm not saying they're world beaters but 6-10 isn't out of the question at all.

Lawerence is going to go to the Jets make no mistake about it, and i want it.

I want the jets to get Trevor Lawerence, I'd love to see the battles between him and Tua over the years.. I want to see the AFC East become the division nobody wants to play against like it was in the 90's..
Lawerence, Tua, Allen would bring credibility back to the AFC East for years imo. I'm a huge Tua fan though, I think he going to be better then any QB not named Mahomes, so the jets getting Lawerence doesn't scare me it makes me happier.

Now the Texans i really don't see being a top 5 pick, I don't think anybody anticipated it would be at years start we were just incredibly lucky thus far they have vastly underachieved but from a talent standpoint they are better then the Jags,Jets,Bengals,Giants,Cowboys,Washington,Broncos and I'm expecting that pick to end up at 7 to 12 range..

If they had kept Bill Obrien then i could see it still being a top 5 pick but the gravy train was finally stopped for us lol.

They are kind of like the Falcons were 3 weeks ago, the team your looking at like "why the F*** are they 0-6" They are now 3-6 which seems about right.

Lawerence is going to go to the Jets make no mistake about it, and i want it.

I want the jets to get Trevor Lawerence, I'd love to see the battles between him and Tua over the years.. I want to see the AFC East become the division nobody wants to play against like it was in the 90's..
Lawerence, Tua, Allen would bring credibility back to the AFC East for years imo. I'm a huge Tua fan though, I think he going to be better then any QB not named Mahomes, so the jets getting Lawerence doesn't scare me it makes me happier.

Now the Texans i really don't see being a top 5 pick, I don't think anybody anticipated it would be at years start we were just incredibly lucky thus far they have vastly underachieved but from a talent standpoint they are better then the Jags,Jets,Bengals,Giants,Cowboys,Washington,Broncos and I'm expecting that pick to end up at 7 to 12 range..

If they had kept Bill Obrien then i could see it still being a top 5 pick but the gravy train was finally stopped for us lol.

They are kind of like the Falcons were 3 weeks ago, the team your looking at like "why the F*** are they 0-6" They are now 3-6 which seems about right.
They're 2-6, thanks to the Jags.

They're 2-6, thanks to the Jags.
Were you counting on them losing to a QB named Luton? lmao

Don't hate on the Jags they are overachieving this year, Frankly i thought they sucked so bad they would end up with Trevor Lawerence but then the Jets said hold my beer.

Were you counting on them losing to a QB named Luton? lmao

Don't hate on the Jags they are overachieving this year, Frankly i thought they sucked so bad they would end up with Trevor Lawerence but then the Jets said hold my beer.
I say, "thanks to the Jags," because they're 2-0 vs the Jags and 0-6 vs everyone else.

Texans are a lot worse than I thought when the Tunsil trade was made so I'm happy with wherever we pick.

Texans are a lot worse than I thought when the Tunsil trade was made so I'm happy with wherever we pick.
That was a great trade for us, Tunsil didn't live up to the draft hype as the best LT prospect in years..

I'd say he is good but not great, I was mocked by tons of fans here but as we can see the Watson is still getting destroyed.. In fairness though i think Watson holds onto the football too long looking for big plays when they aren't there.

Houston is better than their record indicates.

No they’re not. They’re worse than their 2019 record indicated. Much closer to their current record than last season’s record.

Their defense isn’t good at all. The offense is mediocre at best too. The only thing that makes them sometimes better than mediocre offensively is Deshaun Watson.

Back
Top Bottom