The Texans current pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

Our pick will be better then 7, if you consider they almost lost to the Jags with a backup QB, and will be playing...

@Browns
Patriots
@Lions
Colts
@Bears
@Colts
Bengals
Titans

Even the game against the Bengals will not be a cakewalk if you consider by the time they play them, Joe Burrow will have gotten plenty of experience.
Yeah the Texans are not a good team right now. They almost lost to the Jags, and in reality maybe should have. That missed call by the refs when the Texans took the lead at the end was atrocious. I mean the play clock had expired by a good 3 seconds.

Wherever we pick, it will be a lot lower than 26. I expected the Texans to be kind of bad this season. A top 10 pick and potential top 40 pick was out of my expectations.

What about trading Houston's pick for a number one next year?
I know there will be studs in the 5-8 range, but to maintain a stranglehold on the draft, how about trading that top pick, move down some, get a number one next year?
I think we could get Davonte Smith a little later. Don't know how people feel about him, but man pair him again with Tua...we need a WR in that mold.
I'd always do this as much as possible every single year until we're a Super Bowl contender and then start trading future picks for picks that year to go for the win.

What about trading Houston's pick for a number one next year?
I know there will be studs in the 5-8 range, but to maintain a stranglehold on the draft, how about trading that top pick, move down some, get a number one next year?
I think we could get Davonte Smith a little later. Don't know how people feel about him, but man pair him again with Tua...we need a WR in that mold.
You want to trade the first round pick we got from Houston for a 1st round pick in 2022? Is that what you're saying?

I think he means trade down with that pick this year for an extra first next year, not trade it outright.
Ok, that'd make more sense. of course in order to get a first next year we'd probably have to trade way down unless a team is desperate.

So far, ppl are stating the obvious. Which is more rare?

“Rare” has to be coach. There are a couple of elite QBs in the league at any given time. In my lifetime I can only think of a couple of elite coaches. Shula, Landry, Noll, Walsh, BB.

“Rare” has to be coach. There are a couple of elite QBs in the league at any given time. In my lifetime I can only think of a couple of elite coaches. Shula, Landry, Noll, Walsh, BB.
I would agree.

I would also say, as many have pointed out, it is hard for a coach to be elite, without a top QB. Although someone mentioned the Ried/Mahomes combo as an example of this, many including myself considered Andy a top coach even before Mahomes.

As long as Watson remains healthy I believe the Texans will likely win 3-4 more games this season. So I think the Texans pick will probably be in the 10-12 range and not in the top 10 as many, including myself hope it will be.

You want to trade the first round pick we got from Houston for a 1st round pick in 2022? Is that what you're saying?

Lol, Come on! You knew he meant trade down and acquire an additional 1st plus whatever for next season.

As long as Watson remains healthy I believe the Texans will likely win 3-4 more games this season. So I think the Texans pick will probably be in the 10-12 range and not in the top 10 as many, including myself hope it will be.
I'm not sure what would lead you to believe that. They have 2 wins, both against, arguably, the second worst team in the league.

I think you have to seperate Houston's moderate success in previous years from where they are today. Half thier team has probably already started packing for offseason vacations. They can't possibly have any faith in management at this point.

If the pick is top 7 or so and one of the QB's is still there, a trade down is a very good possibility. back up a little and load up again the following year sounds good. Plus it would be nice to trade with a team that jumps the Pats for a QB.
Whatever the case, the Dolphins are sitting in a great situation.

Back
Top Bottom