The Texans current pick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

I would agree.

I would also say, as many have pointed out, it is hard for a coach to be elite, without a top QB. Although someone mentioned the Ried/Mahomes combo as an example of this, many including myself considered Andy a top coach even before Mahomes.
I think most would agree that Andy Reid is an elite coach, but despite that he never won a Super Bowl his entire career until Mahomes came along and now that team looks like it could be a dynasty because of it. I think there are more examples of elite QBs winning Super Bowls without an elite coach than vice versa to be honest. Aaron Rodgers won with a coach who has the Cowboys looking like they don't even want or know how to play football.

I also think this conversation gets skewed because QBs mean more now over the past 20 years than they did in the 70s for instance because of the rule changes so I'm really only looking at this century.

The game has changed so much. it's all about the QB's, WR's and having a top TE also helps.
I think we're gonna see less and less RB's going into the HOF as they're normally not the focus of the offense anymore. I still think it matters to have a good RB but it's all about the passing game now which also means pass defense. you need a good pass rush and corners that can cover.

I personally want the Jets to get Trevor Lawrence. Tua vs Trevor twice a year for the next decade sounds like good football to me. You cant be the best, if you cant beat the best.

Plus I want them to ge their **** together to renew the rivalry. It is sad and embarrassing how far they have fallen.

Nothing would make me happier than beating the Jets to deny them the playoffs, instead of a bunch of meaningless wins against a floormat team.
I seriously have to wonder if Trevor would want to go that failed organization and city, I would expect a Possible Elway/Manning power play by his agent!

I'm not sure what would lead you to believe that. They have 2 wins, both against, arguably, the second worst team in the league.

I think you have to seperate Houston's moderate success in previous years from where they are today. Half thier team has probably already started packing for offseason vacations. They can't possibly have any faith in management at this point.
I realize that their wins were against bad teams but I also don’t believe Watson has packed it in. I certainly hope the Dolphins receive a top 10 pick with the Texans 1st round selection but as I stated previously, I just think as long as Watson is playing the Texans will be in every game they play the rest of the season and I can envision them winning half their remaining games.

I don’t think the players on the Texans have packed it in yet as you seem to think they have.

I seriously have to wonder if Trevor would want to go that failed organization and city, I would expect a Possible Elway/Manning power play by his agent!
It's New York, Gase will get fired 0.1 seconds after the last game of the season, and with Lawrence coming in they'd have first dibs on the best coaching candidate. They'll be fine. I see no reason for Lawrence to avoid going there.

It's New York, Gase will get fired 0.1 seconds after the last game of the season, and with Lawrence coming in they'd have first dibs on the best coaching candidate. They'll be fine. I see no reason for Lawrence to avoid going there.
It's freakin Jersey. That alone is reason enough, but the whole organization has been a clown show.

I'm not saying TL would refuse to play there, but therecare valid reasons to dislike the situation.

Let me ask you this. You say they would have thier choice of top coaches. Such as? What top coach is unemployed?

It's freakin Jersey. That alone is reason enough, but the whole organization has been a clown show.

I'm not saying TL would refuse to play there, but therecare valid reasons to dislike the situation.

Let me ask you this. You say they would have thier choice of top coaches. Such as? What top coach is unemployed?
I would imagine that Harbaugh will be unemployed by then and that's a really, really good option.

You want to trade the first round pick we got from Houston for a 1st round pick in 2022? Is that what you're saying?
Yes- trade down with it, obviously, and in return get a 2022 1st rounder to have two firsts that year as well.
So, perhaps something like, and I am just making up numbers- trade down from 7 to 10 with Minnesota. They give us 10 this year's draft(2021) and a number 1 in next year's (2022), and then whatever else to make the value match.
But that's the idea.

I would imagine that Harbaugh will be unemployed by then and that's a really, really good option.
That is a good example, and a realistic possibility.

I'm not a fan, but many are. I think his reputation has taken a hit since the 49er days.

Ok, that'd make more sense. of course in order to get a first next year we'd probably have to trade way down unless a team is desperate.
A lot of teams are desperate for a qb. Definitely a possibility someone overpays.

Jets also have some nice draft picks due to the Adams trade.

Rashad Bateman could be an option in the later part of the 1st round. A big strong WR with speed. He's looked rusty in the early part of Minnesota's schedule. But the kid is extremely talented.

I realize that their wins were against bad teams but I also don’t believe Watson has packed it in. I certainly hope the Dolphins receive a top 10 pick with the Texans 1st round selection but as I stated previously, I just think as long as Watson is playing the Texans will be in every game they play the rest of the season and I can envision them winning half their remaining games.

I don’t think the players on the Texans have packed it in yet as you seem to think they have.
Defense is awful, they will win 5 or less

Back
Top Bottom