The Texans current pick | Page 263 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

Here we are in total agreement. Get Tua the correct weapons and nothing but good things will happen. You need guys who win quickly and can get separation. If we expect Tua to succeed with the type of weapons we currently have, then we have failed him and the team. To be honest, I am all for trading and replacing Devante Parker. He is not the type of receiver we need with Tua.
I disagree with trading Parker.

If we get one of Smith/Chase/Waddle trio, that player would automatically be our No 2, and within a year, be the No 1 WR. Parker would be a brilliant No 2 and scare the crap out of DC. Parker is a must to stay.

I've made my decision. The pick must be Smith. That's the pick that's going to make your QB better, along with your overall offense. Only way I'd change course is if we signed Allen Robinson in free agency.

I'm leaning this way as well, but swap Allen Robinson with the very unlikely Chris Godwin for me.

I don't think Preston or DVP are long term fits with Tua. If we sign/trade for a WR, I'd still look into Smith or with 1b Waddle, Moore, Marshall, Olave, etc.

However, Smith has become priority 1 this off-season for me, personally. Think he's the most realistic shot at having the biggest impact on the offense.

Last edited:
Smitty get away from those children! That kid is gonna get drafted higher than you!

At this point I don’t even want to rip on the guy who claims he ain’t even a dolphins fan but spends hours a day on a dolphins site.

Stop going to high school football games every weekend, move out of mamas double wide in lil town bama, and join the real world.

I disagree with trading Parker.

If we get one of Smith/Chase/Waddle trio, that player would automatically be our No 2, and within a year, be the No 1 WR. Parker would be a brilliant No 2 and scare the crap out of DC. Parker is a must to stay.
I wouldn't either... if for no other reason than he is signed to a very reasonable contract for a #2 WR. Plus, if his snaps go down, his health may go up. For me, DVP is a hold.

At this point I don’t even want to rip on the guy who claims he ain’t even a dolphins fan but spends hours a day on a dolphins site.

Stop going to high school football games every weekend, move out of mamas double wide in lil town bama, and join the real world.

Don’t hesitate to rip on me Lolphin boy that’s why I’m here. I’m ready when you are.

Somebody get me a scholarship check on #24 in white and get that child some help! Medic!

I KNOW you miss me!

#NickSabanAllStars

Don’t hesitate to rip on me Lolphin boy that’s why I’m here. I’m ready when you are.

Somebody get me a scholarship check on #24 in white and get that child some help! Medic!

I KNOW you miss me!

#NickSabanAllStars

Ok brotha, I’m half way to drunk and honestly I won’t doubt you’ve forgotten more football than I’ve ever known, but you should stop being such a bama homer.

Have a happy New Years!

Ok brotha, I’m half way to drunk and honestly I won’t doubt you’ve forgotten more football than I’ve ever known, but you should stop being such a bama homer.

Have a happy New Years!

Never turn down free real estate in dense areas. son.

It’ll be valuable down the road.

WR is a hard position to draft and huge misses happen at this position both good and bad more than any other one IMO. Look at guys taken early and the impact +/- it had on their teams - Keyshawn, Irving Fryar, Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald.... guys like John Ross, Kevin White, Yatil Green, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams.... looked all world coming out but were busts.

Then you have many guys like TO, DK Metcalf, Tyreek, TJ Housh, Welker, Donald Driver... list goes on and on who were taken after round 1 and some much later who were all Pro. Mainly this is due to the fact they may have played at a small school, out of position in college, played in a system that did not pass the ball much. As much as I would love to take Smith who is outstanding history shows plenty of can’t miss WR’s who do miss, and plenty of late picks who excel. Just need to do our homework.

WR is a hard position to draft and huge misses happen at this position both good and bad more than any other one IMO. Look at guys taken early and the impact +/- it had on their teams - Keyshawn, Irving Fryar, Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald.... guys like John Ross, Kevin White, Yatil Green, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams.... looked all world coming out but were busts.

Then you have many guys like TO, DK Metcalf, Tyreek, TJ Housh, Welker, Donald Driver... list goes on and on who were taken after round 1 and some much later who were all Pro. Mainly this is due to the fact they may have played at a small school, out of position in college, played in a system that did not pass the ball much. As much as I would love to take Smith who is outstanding history shows plenty of can’t miss WR’s who do miss, and plenty of late picks who excel. Just need to do our homework.
Smith has two red flags. 1) He is over-aged and was not dominant early. and 2) He has some size limitations.

Neither of these are disqualifying, but it makes you a bit leery if you are not a 'bama homer. He may be very good... even great in the NFL, but he is not a slam-dunk prospect, no matter what the 'bama homers say.

Confirmation people involved with the Dolphins front office post here that are directly responsible for the absence of skill position talent in Miami.

Last edited:

If a WR isn’t asked to do WR things, or he's shown that he doesn't excel at WR things, he's a risky proposition. You're counting on skill development at a position where skill > athleticism. Some guys do improve their skills a lot once they reach the NFL - D. Adams. But, it's hard to predict that development. If a guy already has the skills, as long as he shows adequate athleticism, you can feel better about his projection.

A lot of college WR's don't have the opportunity to show how they win with releases or use precise routes/fakes to shake free from tight coverage, and no aspect of an NFL WR's game is more important. Hands/tracking/ball skills is the other. But, it's step 3. So, if you're largely projecting based on 1 of the 3 steps - and the 1 that can't happen at a consistent rate without the other 2, it's going to be a tricky evaluation.

I don't think Devonta Smith is a tricky evaluation, because he's shown you everything you'd want to see.

Ja’Marr Chase has 2 red flags:

1. He had one productive season and then quit. He’ll be a diva just like Beckham and Jarvis Landry.

2. He wasn’t even the most reliable receiver on his own team.

The Slim Reaper threads are going to be a lot of fun over the next few years.

Keep drafting those 5’9” option QB’s on day 3 and signing everybody else’s scraps off the street and blaming the rookie quarterback while teams like the Chiefs, Bills, Titans, etc. are snatching up the playmakers.

At least you’ll have a bunch of offensive lineman to keep moving around because you can’t figure out which one is more out of place than the other.

Ja’Marr Chase has 2 red flags:

1. He had one productive season and then quit. He’ll be a diva just like Beckham and Jarvis Landry.

2. He wasn’t even the most reliable receiver on his own team.

The Slim Reaper threads are going to be a lot of fun over the next few years.

Keep drafting those 5’9” option QB’s on day 3 and signing everybody else’s scraps off the street and blaming the rookie quarterback while teams like the Chiefs, Bills, Titans, etc. are snatching up the playmakers.

At least you’ll have a bunch of offensive lineman to keep moving around because you can’t figure out which one is more out of place than the other.

My biggest concern with Chase is that he's mediocre early in his route. He's young and beat up on some good CB's despite it, but it's a bigger issue than Smith's weight imo.

Back
Top Bottom